over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

insulin IM

rugal

Newbies
i know the practice of insulin IM is not exactly favored. but i have read on boards about guys doing this. but how do you do this? you dont use an insulin syringe do you? ive used insulin many times sub -q so im not a newbie at it, just wanted some input from some guys with experience

I am not sure

But I can point you in the right direction; PM BIG KIWI as he does practice this method of slin administration. I am sure he could give you the info you need.

i too onley use it IM and yes i do use a slin pin ,i like to hit the delts or tris works great cause i have a low bf% all the time and,besides my mother was a diabetic and she used it im also in the legs

how low is BF% ? just asking

I've used humalog IM before and it hits you quick. My advice would be to have carbs in your system, do the shot, then take in the rest of your carbs. For some reason I seemed to lean up on humalog when done IM. No idea why.

When doing insulin sub q I seem to hold alot more fat but when using IM I get fuller and more vascular. i use in shoulders and quads :)

Nothing "wrong" with IM

It simply enters the blood faster IM vs. sub-q. Makes Hum-R more like Humalog, in that sense (see below abstract).

THis of course means that you need to be more careful with carb timing / intake.

My guess is that injecting into the muscle just trained that day (or before training) will speed the insulin's action even more.

-Randy

---------

Diabet Med 1998 Sep;15(9):747-51 Related Articles, Links

Intramuscular versus subcutaneous injection of soluble and lispro insulin: comparison of metabolic effects in healthy subjects.
Rave K, Heise T, Weyer C, Herrnberger J, Bender R, Hirschberger S, Heinemann L.
Department of Metabolic Diseases and Nutrition, WHO Collaborating Centre for Diabetes, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany. [email protected]
The aim of this study was to compare the glucodynamic effects of soluble insulin and the rapid acting insulin analogue insulin lispro after subcutaneous (s.c.) and intramuscular (i.m.) injection. Twelve healthy male volunteers (age 26.8 +/- 1.7 years, BMI 23.2 +/- 2.3 kg m(-2); mean +/- SD) participated in this single-centre, open-labelled, euglycaemic glucose clamp study on four different days. Soluble insulin or insulin lispro (0.2 U kg(-1)) were injected s.c. or i.m. into the thigh by syringe. The glucodynamic effects were assessed by registering the glucose infusion rates necessary to maintain blood glucose at 5.0 mmol l(-1) for the subsequent 420 min. Intramuscular injection of soluble insulin led to an earlier peak of metabolic action when compared to s.c. administered soluble insulin (tmax 138 +/- 29 vs 179 +/- 34 min; p < 0.05). The maximal metabolic effect and metabolic activity during the first 2 h after i.m. and s.c. injection of soluble insulin were comparable (GIRmax 9.7 +/- 2.3 vs 7.8 +/- 2.3 mg kg(-1) min(-1); n.s., AUC0-120min 0.60 +/- 0.18 vs 0.50 +/- 0.15 g kg(-1) 120 min; n.s.). Subcutaneous administration of insulin lispro led to a metabolic effect resembling that induced by i.m. application of soluble insulin (tmax 116 +/- 26 vs 138 +/- 29 min; n.s., GIRmax 11.1 +/- 2.3 mg vs 9.7 +/- mg kg(-1) min(-1); n.s.). However, the overall metabolic response during the first 2 h after injection was higher with s.c. insulin lispro (AUC0-120min 0.81 +/- 0.26 vs 0.60 +/- 0.18 g kg(-1) 120 min; p < 0.05). The glucodynamic activity of i.m. applied insulin lispro was comparable to that of lispro s.c.. Following i.m. injection of soluble insulin, the metabolic activity peaked more rapidly than with s.c. administration. In contrast, the metabolic effect of insulin lispro was similar with either route. The time-action profile of i.m. injected soluble insulin lies between that of s.c. applied soluble insulin and insulin lispro.

wow thanaks for the replys guys, helped me out alot. will be using humalog for this though.

rugal said:
how low is BF% ? just asking

im not really sure bro never done a real test im 5ft 7 191 right now and, my waist was never over 29in in my life well maybe after a big steak lol when i was 19 or 20 i was onley around 138-145 pounds always had a fast bmr

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws