over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin (keeping in my post ject shake)

bruiser

Banned
I've done pre and post workout slin.

I have stopped pre work out because within 20 minutes of ject, I'm throwing up my shake and feeling nausea and don't feel like working out. its embarrassing to start dry heaving in the gym and rush to the bath room.

I switched to post work out and once I got home, I puked up the post ject shake again and feeling sluggish and nauseous.

My other shakes consist of oats, and protein and a few other things. Those help a lot and I don't puke those up.

Today I worked out twice.... First work out was my normal dextrose post ject shake. I puked it up of course....

later on in the evening, I drank water mixed with maple syrup. Not only was I not feeling nauseous, but I felt like I didn't take slin at all and was feeling awesome.

I read in many places that
"I think fructose only refills liver glycogen not muscle glycogen, so it would be a bad choice post workout"

I'm pretty much at 20ius of slin so i gulped down a cup of syrup and water and felt great.

Can someone enlighten me on what to do?
Dextrose obviously isn't the answer for me and the shake is pretty large so i feel completely filled up and gross

I'm not sure why but when I use dextrose for my post ject shake, I puke it up 30 minutes after work out and feel like cr

Fructose is fine. It's not as efficient as say cyclic dextrins or oat starch, etc etc but it does the job, just at a slower pace. A lot of the time, it's useless to use certain protocols if your body just doesn't like them. People tell you to use dextrose in a preworkout, but you throw it up/bloat like crazy/get nauseous/shit your pants, then obviously it won't work so just find a substitute.

Most people using the 3x insulin a day method use fructose heavily in the form of juice, apple pie filling, etc.

Fructose is fine. It's not as efficient as say cyclic dextrins or oat starch, etc etc but it does the job, just at a slower pace. A lot of the time, it's useless to use certain protocols if your body just doesn't like them. People tell you to use dextrose in a preworkout, but you throw it up/bloat like crazy/get nauseous/shit your pants, then obviously it won't work so just find a substitute.

Most people using the 3x insulin a day method use fructose heavily in the form of juice, apple pie filling, etc.

i havent tried pure sugar yet. Id need 200 grams of sugar for 20iu slin.

Other than dextrose, I'm thinking its the high amount of liquid im consuming as well. I'm not gonna drink 10 cups of juice lol.

200 grams of sugar might be good way to go?

At the same time I don't wanna hinder muscle building because I'm not taking a an efficient carb. But if i throw it up, I'm not getting it anyway right.

10g carbs to 1iu is usually pretty overkill. Usually 70-80g (for 15iu) is enough to hold you over with some aminos till your big meal. This is of course not your case cause you're using 20iu, but u get the point.

I also don't like using large amounts of log, if that's what you're using. Peaks so fast, large amounts are always kind of unruly. I'd be perfectly comfortable doing 20iu of humulin r but I can't really say i've used large amounts of log.

bruiser do you have these puking issues at lower slin doses. 20iu is a pretty decent sized dose. I guess I'm asking if say 12-15ius produces for you the same undesired side effects?

Wow, why would you use a shake with something in you aren't used to digesting? Bodybuilding is about making small changes over time, not just throwing large quantities of stuff at it and calling it good. You are doing it wrong.

Wow, why would you use a shake with something in you aren't used to digesting? Bodybuilding is about making small changes over time, not just throwing large quantities of stuff at it and calling it good. You are doing it wrong.

explain....

Actually I bring a lot of different carb sources to the gym and have my buddy watch me. I'm to paranoid so I bring everything... I've actually used dextrose without slin and it made me sick. But the slin helps me puke it up lol.

I know a few diabetic people that throw up their meals post injection of humalog.

Last edited:
bruiser do you have these puking issues at lower slin doses. 20iu is a pretty decent sized dose. I guess I'm asking if say 12-15ius produces for you the same undesired side effects?

Yeah I get the same effects no matter what dose. Its always puking the first shake up and feeling like crap. So i take in shake number two and I'm fine.

That's why I'm convinced its the dextrose and liquid quantity.

I'm trying to eventually get to 30 to 40 ius slin (four days a week maybe just three) because of the big boy advice ive heard from doc bodybuilders/others saying the huge gains come from 30 ius plus. Of course I will divide the total ius at different times. I don't know how long this will last or if ill be able to keep it up.

Please tell me youre not trying to get the 30-40iu all in one dose...

You don't have to necessarily take the slin right before working out. If you have it in your system an hour earlier and eat more concentrated carb sources like honey, you can probably reduce your intra-shake volume.

explain....

Actually I bring a lot of different carb sources to the gym and have my buddy watch me. I'm to paranoid so I bring everything... I've actually used dextrose without slin and it made me sick. But the slin helps me puke it up lol.

I know a few diabetic people that throw up their meals post injection of humalog.

Why not do your normal peri-workout routine and slightly modify your carb ratios? If you use slin it should be done 1 iu at a time, increasing as needed by tinny increments along with your carbs. Go up as high as you like (I certainly wouldn't recommend the amounts you are talking about, but whatever) but take it day by day at least.

Do you have a consistent peri-workout nutrition routine you have been following? Why change it up so drastically it makes you puke?

i havent tried pure sugar yet. Id need 200 grams of sugar for 20iu slin.

Other than dextrose, I'm thinking its the high amount of liquid im consuming as well. I'm not gonna drink 10 cups of juice lol.

200 grams of sugar might be good way to go?

At the same time I don't wanna hinder muscle building because I'm not taking a an efficient carb. But if i throw it up, I'm not getting it anyway right.

hey bruiser .. split your 20iu in to two doses

1 30-45 min pre workout followed by a shake with 40carbs 30 pro during training take 60 carbs post workout should be about 2hour after first inject then dose 10iu humalog and pound 50pro/ 40 carbs followed by a rice chicken meal

also spend the extra money and get some vitargo... youll be a happy SOB

Why not do your normal peri-workout routine and slightly modify your carb ratios? If you use slin it should be done 1 iu at a time, increasing as needed by tinny increments along with your carbs. Go up as high as you like (I certainly wouldn't recommend the amounts you are talking about, but whatever) but take it day by day at least.

Do you have a consistent peri-workout nutrition routine you have been following? Why change it up so drastically it makes you puke?

I originally started at 3 iu pre work out or post and went up slowly I'm now at 20. I wont go higher per shot and I wont go over 40iu a day. I made a post some time ago about big gains coming from slin being ran at 40ius slin or slightly less. I got this advise from two massive doctors. I didn't wanna hear that but I was told such anyway.

as far as nutrition, its more about the post shot shake that messes me up. The other shakes and meals are fine, its just the post shot shake that's high in sugar that makes me feel odd. Now with maple syrup, im having no problem

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws