over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin pre bed for fat burning

swim15

Registered
For extremely advanced users only. Would be along the lines of using skin before fasted cardio.

Basically, has anyone used 1-2iu slin before bed to drop blood sugar and get into a fat burning state. Could definitely be combined with growth and/or T3.

Worst case would be going slightly hypo but with all the glycogen stored in muscles and the liver, you wouldn't be at any kind of serious risk as far as major blood sugar drops, seizures, brain damage, that kind of stuff.

I can see the reasoning behind it, but honestly mate the best use of insulin when dieting is to use it keep muscle mass, i.e around a workout to drive nutrients into the muscle and keep you as full as can be during prep, we should never forget our workouts are to build muscle. In terms of getting lean, its all diet, if your nutrition is sorted you wont need even fat burners, unless your in a hurry to get lean.

i wouldn't take insulin pre bed why risk it for muscle gains??
take around workouts and in morning

Not this guy, I dont care how experienced you are with slin, it has a way of sneaking up on you from time to time and hitting you hard when you least expect it.
Being asleep on that shit and going hypo is a sleep you dont ever wake up from.
The proposition of doing this for fat loss is one done in excess.
You want to lose fat I suggest old tried and true methods.
Man I would even reccomend DNP over slin before bed.

The only insulin that is actually safe to take prior to sleeping is long acting insulin such as Lantus or Levimir and 1-2 iu's of those isn't going to do anything. Taking humalog or humalin R isn't worth the risk of not waking up IMO.

I use slin in the morning and pre workout. I've gone a bit hypo much later even after having g the carbs I need. No way I'd try it before bed and go hypo in my sleep. 2ui isn't much but why chance it whether are better alternatives to burn fat

For extremely advanced users only. Would be along the lines of using skin before fasted cardio.

Basically, has anyone used 1-2iu slin before bed to drop blood sugar and get into a fat burning state. Could definitely be combined with growth and/or T3.

Worst case would be going slightly hypo but with all the glycogen stored in muscles and the liver, you wouldn't be at any kind of serious risk as far as major blood sugar drops, seizures, brain damage, that kind of stuff.

Both situations you mention are idiotic.

Experimented with novolin r instead of humalog for awhile and sometimes I wouldn't get home from work until 5. I always took in enough carbs to cover it but one time I must not have because I woke up at about midnight hypo. Ran to the kitchen and smashed a bowl of cereal and was fine but it was definitely a scary feeling.

Normal hypo when you get that second peak is no big deal, you feel it coming a mile away but going hypo while asleep and waking up shaking is not a good feeling at all.

I wouldn't mess with slin any where near bed time.

Diabetics are given slin before bed in the hospital.. so it is possible.

Not sure how to translate this to the world of bodybuilding though.

^^ They are in the hospital. They are closely monitored. To do this on your own....well you probably deserve a Darwin award.

Apart from anything else I don't see the results being that good. Your not creating a deficit and your only stashing glucose away to be used at a later point in time when fat stores could have been tapped instead. It will probably all even out over 24 hours and even if there is a small advantage it is in no way work the risk. Just slightly up t3 or cardio if you really need an edge and are behind schedule

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Diabetics are given slin before bed in the hospital.. so it is possible.

Not sure how to translate this to the world of bodybuilding though.

If you go up a few post and read what I said I mentioned long acting insulin pre-bed. Lantus is primarily given prior to bed and/or in the morning during breakfast.

^^ They are in the hospital. They are closely monitored. To do this on your own....well you probably deserve a Darwin award.

I am not saying that it is smart, just saying that it is done.

My friend (RN) says that the dosing protocol in the hospital is anywhere from 5-40iu of slow acting insulin. They eat their last meal at around 6, and are given their insulin shot around 9pm, and do not eat again until the morning.

I think a better option for for this would be Frag 176-191

Really really bad idea. And diabetics blood sugars are like 150-200s pre bed, and they are insulin resistant!! Give a insulin sensitive person insulin with a BG of 90 and your looking at a permanent dirt nap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just eat no carbs for dinner and the rest of the night. Probably get way better fat loss than playing with insulin at night.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Really really bad idea. And diabetics blood sugars are like 150-200s pre bed, and they are insulin resistant!! Give a insulin sensitive person insulin with a BG of 90 and your looking at a permanent dirt nap

Yes, agree that it is a horrible idea.

I guess trying to translate how diabetics are given slin in the hospital, to how we use it for PED purposes, is not that smartest thing, and or relevant.

My bad

Yes, agree that it is a horrible idea.

I guess trying to translate how diabetics are given slin in the hospital, to how we use it for PED purposes, is not that smartest thing, and or relevant.

My bad

I'm a nurse, and your friend is correct, but in the hospital we are dealing with non compliant diabetics who's sugars will go into the 300-400s after meals. 5-10 iu insulin doesn't do shit to them.

A highly active person who is lean , 5iu can cause a coma.

No worries bro, just don't wAnt some silly meathead on the news.

Alright point taken, just curious if anyone tried it.

I know a guy who won nationals and he always used insulin before doing an hour of fasted cardio but at least then you are awake.

I don't think 1-2iu would ever cause you to go completely hypo though at night. Too much glycogen stored in the liver.

Alright point taken, just curious if anyone tried it.

I know a guy who won nationals and he always used insulin before doing an hour of fasted cardio but at least then you are awake.

I don't think 1-2iu would ever cause you to go completely hypo though at night. Too much glycogen stored in the liver.

Have you thought about using Frag 176-191 before bed?

Theoretically, what it does is right on par with what you want to do. It will release fatty acids at night, so you would experience greater fat loss while you sleep. Then, because the fat is being being burned as the main source of fuel, muscle would sparred while your in a fasting state. So increased fat loss, while not being catabolic.

This is theoretically anyways. I have limited experience with frag, so I cannot say for certain if things will actually go this way.. but my experience with frag and fat loss has been positive.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131