over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin pre workout protocol

Anabolic Lion

Newbies
Anyone do insulin pre workout ?

What are your results like and whats your nutrition like around this time ?

Have you usd insuln before? I'd suggest imusing it PWO first so u know how it affects u....start small...2-4ius....at least 50-60g of carbs and equal protein...I like using waximaize, whey hydroslate, bcaas, gluatmine, and creatine

Plang is giving good advice. Definitely start low. But, I think you can get away with doing it pre-workout even starting out. The main thing is safety though. Have a good meal (solid foods, mix of protein, fats, carbs) 1 hr or 1.5 hrs before taking your insulin. Like Plang said, start low- 2 iu is plenty your first time, move up slowly every couple workouts gauging your reaction.

My protocol looks like this:

humalog (or humulin-r) 3 x week, 15 minutes before workout. (Tues, thurs, Sat, or mon, wed, friday- you want to have a day off in between to minimize desensitizing yourself to insulin.)

I immediately start sipping a shake containing: 30 grams dextrose, 10 grams bcaas, 10 grams creatine, ? grams glutamine (comes in the dextrose mix)

I drink that until it runs out during the first part of the workout and then mix another shake (it's easy to keep your dextrose/bcaa mix in your gym bag!!), and then another towards the end for a total of 90 grams of dextrose, 30 grams bcaas, etc. I sip that kind of shake until I have a good, decently clean meal post workout. Having a solid meal awhile pre-workout and having one within an hour post workout stabilizes blood sugar. You can have some whey protein after your workout and before your post-workout meal if you like as well. Always have something handy in case you start to go hypoglycemic- your dextrose mix, glucose tabs, or whatever you prefer. I've even kept a candy bar handy at times, but there are better options.

Yup I also agree with starting at low dose then work your way up. If I may add, you should also get a glucose monitor to keep track of how your body is reacting and also remember not to administer insulin before bed time-very dangerous.

Good luck and be safe!

i did this for awhile during my last offseason. with proper planning you will be fine. chemicalwarrior's protocol sounds great for first time try at it. i know some dudes that can get away with 5g carbs per iu without feeling slightly hypo. not me. i actualy stopped doing it because one random day things just didnt line up and i felt like shit during my session. id rather just take it pwo now and not worry about it compromising my workout. instead of sipping whey u could try BCAA's. i read Milos or someone recommended that with slin pre workout so it gets immediately absorbed. but it gets prices sucking down 40g bcaas every session.

i did this for awhile during my last offseason. with proper planning you will be fine. chemicalwarrior's protocol sounds great for first time try at it. i know some dudes that can get away with 5g carbs per iu without feeling slightly hypo. not me. i actualy stopped doing it because one random day things just didnt line up and i felt like shit during my session. id rather just take it pwo now and not worry about it compromising my workout. instead of sipping whey u could try BCAA's. i read Milos or someone recommended that with slin pre workout so it gets immediately absorbed. but it gets prices sucking down 40g bcaas every session.

yeah i got away with doing only -4-6grams of carbs pr meal

Does this explain why I see some of the heavyweight bodybuilders keeping rice cakes and mixing shakes during their workouts? There are time when a couple days will pull out rice cakes while they are working out. Could that be a result of using insulin preworkout?

It could be. I know someone who carries gummi bears with him, and only eats them when blood suger is getting little low.

Isn't there a time difference in eating depending on which insulin you are running ? I know one hits you immediately and the other takes some time, I think it's humalog that's almost instant and humalin R that takes more time ? Right ?

same protocol pre-workout?

Have you usd insuln before? I'd suggest imusing it PWO first so u know how it affects u....start small...2-4ius....at least 50-60g of carbs and equal protein...I like using waximaize, whey hydroslate, bcaas, gluatmine, and creatine

Plang, what if you were going to try pre-workout, would you use waximaize, bcaas, gluatmine, and creatine during your workout? Should you add dextrose as well to that?

Plang is giving good advice. Definitely start low. But, I think you can get away with doing it pre-workout even starting out. The main thing is safety though. Have a good meal (solid foods, mix of protein, fats, carbs) 1 hr or 1.5 hrs before taking your insulin. Like Plang said, start low- 2 iu is plenty your first time, move up slowly every couple workouts gauging your reaction.

humalog (or humulin-r) 3 x week, 15 minutes before workout. (Tues, thurs, Sat, or mon, wed, friday- you want to have a day off in between to minimize desensitizing yourself to insulin.)

I immediately start sipping a shake containing: 30 grams dextrose, 10 grams bcaas, 10 grams creatine, ? grams glutamine (comes in the dextrose mix)

I drink that until it runs out during the first part of the workout and then mix another shake (it's easy to keep your dextrose/bcaa mix in your gym bag!!), and then another towards the end for a total of 90 grams of dextrose, 30 grams bcaas, etc. I sip that kind of shake until I have a good, decently clean meal post workout. Having a solid meal awhile pre-workout and having one within an hour post workout stabilizes blood sugar. You can have some whey protein after your workout and before your post-workout meal if you like as well. Always have something handy in case you start to go hypoglycemic- your dextrose mix, glucose tabs, or whatever you prefer. I've even kept a candy bar handy at times, but there are better options.

bump Cm, i am on my second wk prewo, just hit 10iu, and had my first little taste of hypo....not to bad glucose was 63mg when i got home...only reason it dropped so low was , it was leg day and i killed squats.....sipped some soda 15min. later my glucose was 78mg..which is fine....pre or post add all tha stuff and dextrose....personally i feel that 1hr ahead meal is key, then the skakes of course....here some other good info on insulin...goodluck bro.

Everything you wanted to know about insulin and bodybuilding

i did it

i tried this while on true Ketogenic diet.
I started with 2 iu and maxed at 4 iu.

my plan was like 50gr whey protein + 4 iu humalog wait 30mins and start workout.Drink one more whey right after workout.It was like you have turbo in your muscle.You really do not feel tired during the workout even after hard squat.It is like you are ready for second set of squat in 10 second.

but after workout is different story.When you nitro your car it goes more than top speed of its limit.But after that engine looks exhausted.It is the price :D
So You gonna feel exhausted for a while but it will come back with your second whey shake.

how about this protocol?

How about this protocol?
  • 45 minutes pre-work have a whole food meal
  • 15 minutes Pre-workout 2-4 IU humalog.

Sip the following mix while workout:
  • BCAA - INSTANTIZED
  • Glutamine peptide
  • Creatine Ethyl Ester
  • 10 oz grape juice - 50G of sugar and 54 Carbs

• Protein shake immediately after workout
  • 30-40 minutes post-workout whole food meal

Would there be any advantage to adding 10 grams of EAA to all the shakes or do you think it would be just a waste of $ CHEERS.

i tried this while on true Ketogenic diet.
I started with 2 iu and maxed at 4 iu.

my plan was like 50gr whey protein + 4 iu humalog wait 30mins and start workout.Drink one more whey right after workout.It was like you have turbo in your muscle.You really do not feel tired during the workout even after hard squat.It is like you are ready for second set of squat in 10 second.

but after workout is different story.When you nitro your car it goes more than top speed of its limit.But after that engine looks exhausted.It is the price :D
So You gonna feel exhausted for a while but it will come back with your second whey shake.

Did you add any carbs to your shake or just whey??

I'm wondering. Every article mentions how much grams of carbs should be consumed with a unit of insulin, but they never say anything about protein.

Now I can imagine that if you take 5iu slin and 50 gram protein you'll probably need more protein with 10iu slin right?

MA's protical

I have read a lot of posts about slin, starting mine real soon. I found this while doing some searching.

The best single time is pre-workout, although you need to adhere to specific diet protocols.

Here is a pre-workout insulin protocol, which will kick your ass. Your not going to fnd a pre-workout protocol, which works better. I have tried dozens of different programs in my clients and none of them work as well.

Of course, keep in mind that there are many different ways to run insulin, but if your limiting it to only at workout times, try the following. 10 lbs in 1-2 weeks is common.

Lastly, I will assume you are thoroughy familiar with Insulin and know what signs to look for in the event of hypoglycemia. I am not going to type out all the warning signs or what to do in the event of a hypoglycemic attack. However, the following program is very unlikely to result in any type of serious hypoglycemic event, even in those with extreme inuslin sensitivity. I am also unaware of your bodyweight or dietary needs, so I will write a program which should be suitable for 1st time nsulin users between 200-250 lbs.

30 minutes before workout
Inject 15 IU Humalog
60 grams Vitargo, Karbolyn (or similar).
20 grams of Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
4.5 grams GPLC.
5 grams Micronized creatine monohydrate.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.
2 grams vitamin C.
500 mg Potassium.

60 minutes later
20 grams Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
5 grams Micronized creatine monohydrate.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate.
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.

60 minutes later
20 grams hydrolyzed protyein (whey, casein, or beef).

Note: You should consume a regular meal within 3-4 hours of beginning this protocol. Also, I don't recomnmend doing it if it has been 5 or more hours since you heve last eaten, as your blood suagr will be pretty low when you start....so try to get in your last meal within 3 to no more than 4 hours before beginning the protocol.

Lastly, since you will be drinking your last shake either at the end of your workout or very close to it (unless you workout for many hours), there is no need to eat a whole food meal assoonas the workout is over. You can wait a good hour after consuming your fina shake before eating a post-workout meal, as your body will already be supplied with all the nutrients it needs to grow.

This program will work very well for you. Give it a shot. 15 IU is a good starting dose of insulin for a pre-wrkout protocol. The amount of carbs and protien provided is more than enough to use up 15 IU of Slin, but if it worries you, somply use 10 IU for your 1st time and then go up to 15 the next time. Your pumps will be through the fuckin' roof and you will quickly gain fullness, size and overall bodyweight. Bottom line: You will feel like you are using AAS for your first time all over again and will look much bigger within just 2 weeks. It will work better if you follow this protocol at least 5 times a week. Guys who train only 3 or 4 days a week don't notice quit as good of results because they're only using Slin 3-4 times per week.

Did you add any carbs to your shake or just whey??

He says he was following a true ketogenic diet so zero carbs.

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS UNLESS VERY EXPERIENCED WITH INSULIN!!!

slin can still be sued effectively w/o cabrs, largely by utilizing whey / casein hydrolysate and gutamine peptides, but is VERY DANGEROUS if you are not experianced and know how your body reacts!

I'm wondering. Every article mentions how much grams of carbs should be consumed with a unit of insulin, but they never say anything about protein.

Now I can imagine that if you take 5iu slin and 50 gram protein you'll probably need more protein with 10iu slin right?

if using very fast absorbing proteins you can replace some of the carb grams with protein grams yes.

You don't NEED the protein like you NEED the carbs though. going from 5 to 10iu makes you NEED more carbs for blood glucose / safety reasons. Goign from 5 to 10 iu shuttles MORE nutrients, both carbs and protein, so it ALLOWS for more protein shuttling and thus increases the effectiveness of a higher protein intake, but its not NEEDED.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws