over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin protocols

Chips2853

Newbies
Looking to get a little bit of info on some insulin protocols. Never used it and looking to possibly add it in to my current offseason regimen. Up to this point it’s kind of been a scary thing to me since with it you can mess your self up if you go about it half assed. I’m not looking to do any crazy doses, and from what I’ve gathered is a safe pairing of slin to carbs is 10G to each iu. Obviously that’s being liberal with carbs but I’m sure some of you guys have much better experience than I do and can show some guidelines

cycle for reference
500mg test a week
400mg deca a week
Hgh 3iu on training days (3x a week currently)
Mk677 20mg a day in between lifting days and maybe on a Saturday as I train MWD.

training is at 5:30 am
Shake by 6:45
Meal by 7:45

Idea was to run 5iu Right before the 7:45am meal with 50g carbs.

any info and pointers is greatly appreciated!

it will help if you lay out your current diet. You have to make the insulin fit into your diet. Not make a diet fit the amount of insulin you want to take. Also forget the 10g of carb per iu rule. It's nonsense.

Start with post workout once a week before you try anything else. You don't want your blood sugar fluctuating during the workout.

it will help if you lay out your current diet. You have to make the insulin fit into your diet. Not make a diet fit the amount of insulin you want to take. Also forget the 10g of carb per iu rule. It's nonsense.

Diet is in check, and that’s not me just saying that lol. Normally this meal consist of 50g carbs as it is, I would most likely need to incorporate some faster acting carbs with it. 66g of cream of wheat for 240cals and 50g carbs. Can dial that back and use another source or honey-unless you guys have suggestions.

Start with post workout once a week before you try anything else. You don't want your blood sugar fluctuating during the workout.

post workout has been my intent, but again I’m looking to hear protocols to make an informed decision on how to tackle it! I appreciate you guys.

personally i would start with 2-3iu of insulin. i like about 20g carbs per 1 iu of insulin when starting insulin. have a glucose meter and adjust the dose overtime depending on your insulin sensitivity

Tbh if you train 3 times a week I don't see the need of insulin nor the need of more than 300mg TestE a week....

But the usual protocol is: HGH shoot entirely before bed or postwo subq, and Log 3-5iu pre and postwo and first thing am...

I would start with just 3-5iu Log used with your meal postwo. Once you finish your wo, go home eat, then shoot insulin and 2h later have a glucose reading, it should be lower than 100.

If you don't have access to Log, just buy R and shoot it IM, it will have similar timings to R.

Take 500mg Berberine R-ALA and Chromium Picolonate before bed, they help you to sensitize more to insulin.

I would throw away mk677 since it just drives hunger, does nothing as hgh release, and screws your insulin sensitivity in few days....

You just take Slin to help your body not to substitute your production.

Tbh if you train 3 times a week I don't see the need of insulin nor the need of more than 300mg TestE a week....

But the usual protocol is: HGH shoot entirely before bed or postwo subq, and Log 3-5iu pre and postwo and first thing am...

I would start with just 3-5iu Log used with your meal postwo. Once you finish your wo, go home eat, then shoot insulin and 2h later have a glucose reading, it should be lower than 100.

If you don't have access to Log, just buy R and shoot it IM, it will have similar timings to R.

Take 500mg Berberine R-ALA and Chromium Picolonate before bed, they help you to sensitize more to insulin.

I would throw away mk677 since it just drives hunger, does nothing as hgh release, and screws your insulin sensitivity in few days....

I’ve been training 5 days a week for the past 2 years, we’re switching it up to 3 really hard days and pushing recovery. But I’ll see how my body handles 3 days a week for the next month or two and increase as needed. I now also have someone training with me so I’m pushing past failure better than doing drop sets and such. So intensity is up. As for the gear, I’m a big fan of the 300mg zone myself, but this is the first time upping the dose to see how it’s tolerated as well. I only tell you this so you don’t think I’m just going in blind and throwing the whole damn kitchen sink at things lol. Also, I train at work most of the time, I shit you not my old man put a gym in our shop that would put a bunch of small commercial gyms to shame lol. 5k sq feet of old school nautilus that we refurbished, hammer strength, cybex, body masters, and a ton of free weights, and a second story with tons of cardio equipment. That’s what saved me during covid from not being able to train for my show I just did.

All in all, I’m ready to maximize this off season as covid left me prepping most of this past year and little to no time out of a deficit.

post workout has been my intent, but again I’m looking to hear protocols to make an informed decision on how to tackle it! I appreciate you guys.

Protocols are the reason most guys just get fat on insulin.

Id start with your regular diet and add 5iu of Log or Humulin post workout, check your blood sugar and assess. The type of food or shake you use is so fucking arbitrary as is the micro management of when you get your macros.

Keep an eye out for belly fat as you'll shift your fat storage to the trunk rather than the peripheral tissue.

I also recommend using insulin away from the workout itself and away from the growth hormone dose, so if you want it pre workout make sure the insulin is clear before hitting the gym, for post workout make sure your heart rate is back down to normal and you have the ability to digest food optimally. Intra workout insulin is for very advanced users and I think it's often counter productive unless you're really trying to gain serious weight.

Regardless I dont recommend insulin use for most people, I guarantee its not going to do what you think it does.

Yeah, low frequency and insulin, worked AWFUL for that one guy, whats his name, Dorian?

Protocols are the reason most guys just get fat on insulin.

Id start with your regular diet and add 5iu of Log or Humulin post workout, check your blood sugar and assess. The type of food or shake you use is so fucking arbitrary as is the micro management of when you get your macros.

Keep an eye out for belly fat as you'll shift your fat storage to the trunk rather than the peripheral tissue.

I also recommend using insulin away from the workout itself and away from the growth hormone dose, so if you want it pre workout make sure the insulin is clear before hitting the gym, for post workout make sure your heart rate is back down to normal and you have the ability to digest food optimally. Intra workout insulin is for very advanced users and I think it's often counter productive unless you're really trying to gain serious weight.

Regardless I dont recommend insulin use for most people, I guarantee its not going to do what you think it does.

Yeah, low frequency and insulin, worked AWFUL for that one guy, whats his name, Dorian?

Super useful information here and I appreciate it. I’m not trying to be all crazy and pump tons of insulin throughout the day. I want the minimal amount that is safe but effective. I have been told to take the gh post workout, and then 15 mins prior to my first real meal which is an hour after training take the insulin. So for reference, I train between 5:15-5:30am(start time), have my shake at 6:45, then eat at between 7:30-7:40am. I already am taking 50g of carbs with this PWO meal. So at this point my heart rate is definitely back to normal as well. I am trying to gather as much information to do this the safest way possible while being able to gain solid size for this offseason.

Why would training 3 times a week matter?

My best gains came from training 3 times a week with HGH and slin, recovery is highly individual, also highly dependant on how you train. i need lots of rest after training(if i dont rest i dont grow)

You should use the search function. This topic has been discussed at great length and there's a lot of solid information out there!

You should use the search function. This topic has been discussed at great length and there's a lot of solid information out there!
Man I am sorry, I went through the first 5 pages of listed comments when I searched insulin. I guess I should’ve went further back. I’ll do better next time.

Man I am sorry, I went through the first 5 pages of listed comments when I searched insulin. I guess I should’ve went further back. I’ll do better next time.

No reason to be sorry, I'm just suggesting it as another resource. This forum has been here going on 19 years next year and the archives are packed with information.

My best results came from using insulin right before training with a good intra workout shake , post workout shake and meal following that. Humalog would be ideal but Humulin-R will work fine.
5:00 take HGH
5:30 take 5iu Humulin-R (Shoot IM) start drinking
Intra-Workout shake (50g carbs) , finish 3/4 way through traing
6:45 start drinking post workout shake 50g Whey , 50g carbs
8:00 : meal , 50g protein , 50g carbs trace fats from meat.

Taking the insulin IM will speed up the onset and shorten the active life. General rule.of thumb is 10g carbs per IU of insulin during it's active life. The above protocol has your
carb need cover 200% 2.5-3hr post Injection and you didn't over consume your calories.

Insulin doesn't make you fat , to many calories makes your fat.

When someone ask what our diet looks like saying "it's on point" doesn't do a fucking thing to help them figure out how insulin will fit into your plan , list you what your macros are for each meal so people have an idea where things fit in

No reason to be sorry, I'm just suggesting it as another resource. This forum has been here going on 19 years next year and the archives are packed with information.
That’s one of the things I try to do first because I don’t want to be that guy who could find it easy on my own. I’m a rep for a supp company and we have a board as well and the other newer reps ask all the questions that were answered in their welcome email and are stickied right to the page lol. So I definitely will search first!

Reactions: Bio
My best results came from using insulin right before training with a good intra workout shake , post workout shake and meal following that. Humalog would be ideal but Humulin-R will work fine.

Taking the insulin IM will speed up the onset and shorten the active life. General rule.of thumb is 10g carbs per IU of insulin during it's active life. The above protocol has your
carb need cover 200% 2.5-3hr post Injection and you didn't over consume your calories.

When someone ask what our diet looks like saying "it's on point" doesn't do a fucking thing to help them figure out how insulin will fit into your plan , list you what your macros are for each meal so people have an idea where things fit in

I understand what you mean about the diet portion, after reading a lot of posts there’s a lot of people who think they eat good or know what they’re doing and don’t. I’ve attached my diet, I’m currently trying to do more fats and see how my body tolerates it over more carbs while in a growing stage. Fat is actually 10-15g higher as I started having a little more but butter. On my off days (tue,Thur,sat,sun) the calories are a little lower as pre and intra are gone. Saturday and Sunday no pre intra or post, but I have a shake mid morning, and saturdays I Am doing a family dinner where we go out to eat which is usually a burger or steak. I’m not as strict as when in prep obviously but very structured and consistent.

I know my calories will be going up in the next few weeks once weight tapers Back. So just trying to maximize the most out of my training days and recovery.
1C05CB72-E561-4D7D-B271-155F0B59058C.jpeg

This protocol can be really useful for someone working out first thing am... no solid food...
You just wake up prepare shakes, take meals for the day shoot insulina and goooo.

You can even change Humalin-R im for Humalog subq.

I like it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity