over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Resistance…

brandonjpowell

Registered
I just got the results back from a major blood workup and cardialite stress test and was told that my blood workup indicated that I have Metabolic Resistance do to the increased insulin in my system. I do not have Type 2 yet but was told if things do not change I will have it in two to three years. What can I do to reverse this condition? I have started cardio six days per week for 30 min at 85% max heart rate and started a low fat, high carb and protein diet to loose my gut as indicated by my doctor.

Oh yea, my triglycerides were 355, my HDL was 35 and my LDL was 155, and according to my liver enzymes I have a fatty deposit on my liver and protein in my urine.

What I would do

Get on a few fish oils, and go on the zone diet. Use olive oil as much as you can. Rest only a minute or less betwen sets and do 6-8 sets per bodypart, training each bodypart 2 times per week. Get on some Synthergine ASAP. I might even jump on some Nolvadex for the HDLs. This is just my opinion and I am not your doctor. I dont know if you are clean or not or have ever even considered it.

Phil, would this be 6-8 sets each time you work that bodypart or 6-8 sets total each week?

think 6-8 sets each time if i am not mistaken

follow phils advice. no atkins diet bullshit....flax, fish oil, and olive oil should all be your fats, the majority anyway.

allow yourself one cheat day...also a little niacin would not hurt to help with the triglycerides. your hdl is close to 40 which is good, but bring down your ldl...

A Good Start...

Brandon,

Yuo're off to a good start with your plan.
Yuo would be helped by including up to 35 gms per day of soluble fibre in your diet as well. This can be oatmeal, or even psyllium powder like Metamucil. This will trap bile salts, and hence cholesterol in the end of the small intestine so it is not recirculated. The body then has to produce new cholesterol. Work up gradually over a couple of weeks, stating with 10 gms per day, and adding another 5 gms every few days.

Phil and Mike mentioned Flaxseed, and fish oils - all good, and I'd add Hempseed oil as well. All these mix into prorein drinks really well. The niacin may help with the HDLs, and so will the aerobics.

Do you know what your A1C is? This is a measure of glycosylated hemoglobin, and will give you some info on how close to insulin resistance you are.

Yuo might also consider a 4-hour glucose challenge test where, on an empty somach you drink a glucose solution, then have blood drawn every hour for four hours. This will tell you how well you are handling sugars.

What you want to do CAN be accomplished, so don't get discouraged!

Dad

WHoa!!

Dad said:
Brandon,

Yuo would be helped by including up to 35 gms per day of soluble fibre in your diet as well. This can be oatmeal, or even psyllium powder like Metamucil. This will trap bile salts, and hence cholesterol in the end of the small intestine so it is not recirculated. The body then has to produce new cholesterol. Work up gradually over a couple of weeks, stating with 10 gms per day, and adding another 5 gms every few days.

Phil and Mike mentioned Flaxseed, and fish oils - all good, and I'd add Hempseed oil as well. All these mix into prorein drinks really well. The niacin may help with the HDLs, and so will the aerobics.

Do you know what your A1C is? This is a measure of glycosylated hemoglobin, and will give you some info on how close to insulin resistance you are.

Yuo might also consider a 4-hour glucose challenge test where, on an empty somach you drink a glucose solution, then have blood drawn every hour for four hours. This will tell you how well you are handling sugars.

Dad

Now this is good advice!!!!!

Thanks Phil!

I have never taken gear in my life, but was planning to start my first cycle in January. That is why I got the full blood workup now so I can see where I am, and then planned to get another blood test before I started gear. This really threw me for a loop.

PHIL HERNON said:
Get on a few fish oils, and go on the zone diet. Use olive oil as much as you can. Rest only a minute or less betwen sets and do 6-8 sets per bodypart, training each bodypart 2 times per week. Get on some Synthergine ASAP. I might even jump on some Nolvadex for the HDLs. This is just my opinion and I am not your doctor. I dont know if you are clean or not or have ever even considered it.

Thanks Bro!

I do not remember what my A1C's were, but I can find out. As for the glucose challenge test I just called my doctor to schedule one. I don't know why my doc did not schedule one for me when he got the test results?

I am really glad to hear I can reverse this condition with hard work, a good diet, and time. I really didn't like the sound of Type 2 or even heart attack.

I will post the diet I am planning out so you guys can rip it apart for me.

Peace!

Dad said:
Brandon,

Dad

Glad to help...

Brandon,

Glad to help, and please let me know how it's going!

And Phil, thanks for the compliment!

Dad

agree with dad as well but cmon man, metamucil is the worst fiber possible if supplementing. benafiber or citrucel sugar free are the only ways to go

mike ross said:
agree with dad as well but cmon man, metamucil is the worst fiber possible if supplementing. benafiber or citrucel sugar free are the only ways to go

Nope, Metamucil is the most effective.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity