over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Sensitizers - Berberine/Metformin vs R-ALA/Cinnamon/Chromium

showstopper83

Registered
Insulin sensitivity becoming an issue fucks everything in a cycle... But while berberine/metformin work in weight loss, they turn on AmpK which i hear fucks mTor and inhibits muscle gain. I still feel flat after high carb meals after taking berberine.

R-ALA, on the other hand, is more of a nutrient partitioner that shuttles carbs/protein where it needs to go.

What is the truth and best effective way to make use of carbs and insulin sensitizers?

Does whether you roll with berberine or R-ALA depend on goal being to cut or bulk? Can you use both?

I use chromium,r-ala,cinamon cause metformin fucks me up and bernerine not available here

Also cardio and carb cycling and never problem for me

I have been using both for years, both off-season and preparations. Berberine does not have such an effect on ampk as metformin - besides, I would not be too close to it if you are a person who takes steroids. It's the same as taking letrozole to break down estrdiol but worried that 200g cottage cheese a day would raise our estradiol

LOL @ people injecting steroids worrying about metformin....ha ha ha 😂

Metformin works way better , it's way cheaper and it's consistency is way more controlled.

As for it messing up your stomach that is actually pretty common but it goes away generally within a week. If I take off if it for a while and jump back on it KILLS me , so what I do it taper my dose up slowly and it's never been an issue again
Start off taking 250mg 20-30 min after your last meal , do this for a week. The second week increase the dose keeping it after the last meal. Now you are at 500mg a day. The next week take 250mg 20-30min after your first meal , then after a week increase the dose.
Unless you are taking a shit load of HGH or carbs I think 500-1000mg a day is plenty to prevent insulin resistance issues. If you are not taking HGH you can add in a dose in the middle of the day rather than increase the dose in the am and pm so that you maintain a stable blood level.

I'd start off with 1/2 of a 250mg tab of you are overwhelmed with the stomach upset and just sneak up on the dose that way. The extended release version is said to be more gentle on the stomach as well

I use chromium,r-ala,cinamon cause metformin fucks me up and bernerine not available here

Also cardio and carb cycling and never problem for me

Have you ever tried slowly increasing your dose of Metformin.?? If I jump strait on 500mg at one dose it years my stomach up , just starting off low with after the last meal for a week then slowly increasing solved this problem for me. At about .30 cents a day it's a much cheaper more reliable alternative to takin a hand full of OTC stuff

Everyone using AAS should be using metformin IMO, just for its role in preventing and reversing LVH

If it helps even slightly its worth it.

I take:
600mcg Chromium Picolonate (very good if you use insulin)
750mg Metformin
500mg TUDCA (I am using orals and helps with slin sensitivity and a bit for liver)
eat 700ish carbs from Mon to Fri...
I am a bad bulker since on sat and sun I need to eat less or my digestion fucks up, but I think that body will get used to it with time...

I test my glucose almost every day and despite being on 6iu hgh before bed my fasted glucose is always between 70-80, hba1c in perfect range and fasted insulin too.

Imho most of the job is done by Metformin.

Wow. Didn’t know that. Good info.

Does Berberine have this same effect?

Everyone using AAS should be using metformin IMO, just for its role in preventing and reversing LVH

Wow. Didn’t know that. Good info.

Does Berberine have this same effect?
Not on LVH (at least that I'm aware of), but it does have a long list of other benefits as well. Both metformin and berberine are excellent and I would suggest that practically everyone use one or the other. Metformin seems to have a slightly better effect on glucose metabolism.

Have you ever tried slowly increasing your dose of Metformin.?? If I jump strait on 500mg at one dose it years my stomach up , just starting off low with after the last meal for a week then slowly increasing solved this problem for me. At about .30 cents a day it's a much cheaper more reliable alternative to takin a hand full of OTC stuff

Thanks so much for this Gunsmith , i saw your 2 posts and i will do exactly that

Ofc is cheaper and i would prefer it if not for the stomach problems

Gone start tomorow this protocol and let you know

Respect

Insulin sensitivity isnt what people think it is and I think people end up wrecking their metabolism trying to chase it, just my .02c.

I test my glucose almost every day and despite being on 6iu hgh before bed my fasted glucose is always between 70-80, hba1c in perfect range and fasted insulin too.

Imho most of the job is done by Metformin.

^^^well i don't test BG every single day ..& i'm only using 3.33iu/day

BUT pretty much have similar fasted BG results ..82 ..86 ..91 etc

Dnp is supposed to increase insulin sensitivity. What the true mechanism of how it accomplishes it is unknown to me. Could be from the weight/fat loss.

Insulin sensitivity becoming an issue fucks everything in a cycle... But while berberine/metformin work in weight loss, they turn on AmpK which i hear fucks mTor and inhibits muscle gain. I still feel flat after high carb meals after taking berberine.

R-ALA, on the other hand, is more of a nutrient partitioner that shuttles carbs/protein where it needs to go.

What is the truth and best effective way to make use of carbs and insulin sensitizers?

Does whether you roll with berberine or R-ALA depend on goal being to cut or bulk? Can you use both?

My best advice would be to stay lean (never get fat) and do cardio. Do you take HGH or MK-677? All of the things you mention can work so just experiment and see which you prefer. Although if you follow my starting advice and you don't abuse HGH you shouldn't need anything. If you are pounding the food and growing then sure add something in and you can't go wrong with many things. I usually go with 500mg metformin pre bed when I use it and it's a simple yet effective supplement (drug) to add in. Worrying about metformin effecting muscle gains when you are taking AAS (and probably HGH) and eating protein throughout the day is silly imo.

My best advice would be to stay lean (never get fat) and do cardio. Do you take HGH or MK-677? All of the things you mention can work so just experiment and see which you prefer. Although if you follow my starting advice and you don't abuse HGH you shouldn't need anything. If you are pounding the food and growing then sure add something in and you can't go wrong with many things. I usually go with 500mg metformin pre bed when I use it and it's a simple yet effective supplement (drug) to add in. Worrying about metformin effecting muscle gains when you are taking AAS (and probably HGH) and eating protein throughout the day is silly imo.

This. On a side note, a well known poster on another forum I frequent always says drol helps with insulin sensitivity, no idea if true. He recommends alternating periods of slin and gh with drol (say 4 weeks of either).

Insulin sensitivity isnt what people think it is and I think people end up wrecking their metabolism trying to chase it, just my .02c.
Would you like to elaborate on that ^^

This. On a side note, a well known poster on another forum I frequent always says drol helps with insulin sensitivity, no idea if true. He recommends alternating periods of slin and gh with drol (say 4 weeks of either).

Anadrol does improve insulin sensitivity and it also increases IGF-1 and IGF-2 levels amongst many other things. I think the main reason studies have shown improved insulin sensitivity over time is simply down to the fact it increases fat free mass (and lowers body fat) significantly during those clinical trials. But it's definitely not something I would give to people to just improve insulin sensitivity when there are many other things that will do the same with no negative health implications (especially after long term usage).

Now if they want to take oral AAS and grow signficantly during a cycle then sure go for it and his suggestion would result in an excellent cycle in regards to muscle gains so definitely not a bad approach. In fact it's a fantastic approach and I would start lower and move up every 4 weeks in regards to dosage if someone really wanted to go for it. But it's like the guys who say I will use dnp to improve my slin sensitivity... no you use dnp to lose body fat fast and the slin sensitivity is an added benefit of all the weight/fat lost but I wouldn't just add it in to improve insulin sensitivity especially when you have things such as metformin and berberine readily available.

I use topical metformin. The topical route avoids GI discomfort that is common with pills incase anyones interested but cant take the sides assocaited.

What is your preferred dosage? Immediate release or XR version?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131