over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Sensitizers

swim15

Registered
Does anyone use other drugs besides metformin like DPP-4 Inhibitors (Januvia, Onglyza, Tradjenta, Nesina) or SGLT2 Inhibitors (Invokana and Farxiga)? Those are just a couple classes with a lot more out there.

Would be interested to hear results if anyone has.

Berberine, a natural plant compound is shown to be just as effective as metformin and less harmful. I forget which pathway it is but met is not really good for you long term. Big pharma options are really killer... wanna destroy your kidneys by just peeing out the glucose? That's the first thing kidneys are supposed to retain! Here's an option, don't abuse your natural insulin production, i.e.: eat in a way that keeps sensitivity high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use berberine and others. Was mostly curious about people's experiences with stuff besides metformin if they were good ones

I use berberine and others. Was mostly curious about people's experiences with stuff besides metformin if they were good ones

How are you using it, to go Keto for weight loss?

Stop eating pizza. I fast 12hrs a day to keep my slin sensitivity high. I'm the biggest and leanest I have ever been, no berberine or bullshit needed.

Stop eating pizza. I fast 12hrs a day to keep my slin sensitivity high. I'm the biggest and leanest I have ever been, no berberine or bullshit needed.

100% agree, keep diet in check and you will be insulin sensitive. People don't get diabetes from a lack of supps/drugs they get diabetes from shit diets

Berberine, a natural plant compound is shown to be just as effective as metformin and less harmful. I forget which pathway it is but met is not really good for you long term. Big pharma options are really killer... wanna destroy your kidneys by just peeing out the glucose? That's the first thing kidneys are supposed to retain! Here's an option, don't abuse your natural insulin production, i.e.: eat in a way that keeps sensitivity high.

Metformin's potential protective effect against cancer has been gaining much attention, with over 100 ongoing studies registered on the Clinical Trials.gov website. It actually shows approving health span in older people, don't know why you say it is harmful.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02432287

^that. I'm a paid athlete and I don't just pound shit food as I have to stay lean year around. However, increasing insulin sensitivity is never a bad thing, improves body composition, and is directly linked to decreased aging or pre mature aging. I use the above for overall health but was just wondering if people happened to have good experiences with things besides metformin

I use to use them quite a bit. Na-r-ala is my favorite probably , its really really strong.

currently I just use alpha lipoic acid and that's plenty for me

^that. I'm a paid athlete and I don't just pound shit food as I have to stay lean year around. However, increasing insulin sensitivity is never a bad thing, improves body composition, and is directly linked to decreased aging or pre mature aging. I use the above for overall health but was just wondering if people happened to have good experiences with things besides metformin

swim, random question, but just curious, what sport do you play? Don't usually see too many pro athletes on these forums..

swim, random question, but just curious, what sport do you play? Don't usually see too many pro athletes on these forums..

Well if you asked back in the day the answer would be very different but I'm not a pro, just a semi-active physique/classic competitor sponsored but a nutrition company. Not a primary income by any means but nice to have in conjunction with my day job.

On that note I do like R-ALA but shit is that stuff expensive

Does anyone use other drugs besides metformin like DPP-4 Inhibitors (Januvia, Onglyza, Tradjenta, Nesina) or SGLT2 Inhibitors (Invokana and Farxiga)? Those are just a couple classes with a lot more out there.

Would be interested to hear results if anyone has.

I've done a lot of research into both of these and both new types of drugs sounds interesting as hell. I know SGLT2 Inhibitors use the kidneys to reabsorb glucose and you essentially piss out the rest. DPP-4 inhibitors accelerate the production of incretins and reduce the production of glucagon. Although both of these COULD be great, I just don't see the need to experiment with them yet. Metformin just has TOO MANY benefits aside from increased insulin sensitivity.

Also metformin is dirt cheap and you can find it a tonnn of places.

Well if you asked back in the day the answer would be very different but I'm not a pro, just a semi-active physique/classic competitor sponsored but a nutrition company. Not a primary income by any means but nice to have in conjunction with my day job.

On that note I do like R-ALA but shit is that stuff expensive

Go r-ala or higher dose of ala.

300mg r-ala or na-r-ala per day
900-1500mg ala per day.

Throw in agmatine at 500-1000mg per dose.

I know for certain that most of the oncologists at Cedars Sinai as well as UCLA Med School are on metformin for cancer prevention. 30% reduction in all cancers among metformin users is remarkable.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear