over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin vets and experienced users only plz

just fyi...
lantus makes you extremely insulin resistant within just A SINGLE WEEK of use. it WRECKS insulin sensitvity.
google it, there are multiple studies on that.

Damn, thanks for sharing that. I was contemplating using Lantus for a couple of weeks I might have to rethink my strategy.

I prefer humalog and by taking it about 15-20 minutes pre-WO the peak time would be enough to cover intra, Post-WO shake and a meal about 45 mins later.

I take humalog as i train a few hours before bed and wouldnt want to go hypo in my sleep :eek:

Not sure how you're administrating it - sub-q or IM - but the peaks are different. Sub-q is slower obviously and would be my method of choice in this case.

Yes this is what I normally. Does it cover that meal 45 min later is the only thing I'm questioning. It suppose to be active 4 hours I think so u think it would anyways right?

Your coach is my coach. I have asked the same thing before (I have no experience) and he said he prefers log but could make humilin work. What has he told you?

Yes he has said thing ! I've always done log but was just curious about the humalin r after reading that thread and I am always looking to get the most out of anything I am doin and recovery growing etc

I know I should prob search this but what's the onset and length of humalin r ? Is it 6 hours ?

Yes this is what I normally. Does it cover that meal 45 min later is the only thing I'm questioning. It suppose to be active 4 hours I think so u think it would anyways right?

Yes it does, as you said its active for 4 hours (graphs claim 3-5 hours, but 3-4 is more accurate from personal experience) if you work out for 2 hours, have the intra shake while training, you would have time to cover a post workout shake and a meal, assuming you have a meal 45-60 mins after your post workout shake.

On the days I train after my first meal ill have the log with my breakfast and another shot post workout.

Reason I like Log so much is predictability.

Haven't used it in a long while, but felt compelled to chime in here as I have had the same exact question about log versus humulin-R....log is script only, so figured the next best thing was R that could be grabbed OTC, Here is the chart for their peaks....

time_activity.gif

It's the later peak on the R that concerns me...seems the log would be easier to work with.

Haven't used it in a long while, but felt compelled to chime in here as I have had the same exact question about log versus humulin-R....log is script only, so figured the next best thing was R that could be grabbed OTC, Here is the chart for their peaks....

time_activity.gif

It's the later peak on the R that concerns me...seems the log would be easier to work with.

I've only dabbled in log now at moderate doses and it's very predictable.
I might have to switch to R and wasn't looking forward to that extended time and learning it.

I've ran Log, Lantus and Humalin... Lantus hands down put the most weight on me...

However it does make you insulin resistant so I ran it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off..

Humalin R seemed to work much better for me than Humalog... I'll take the shuttling of nutrients over a long period of time over the short..

However when running the combo of 5iu humalog and 10iu humalin it was awesome... Great pumps at the gym and only continue to get better because the humalog was out of my body by the time I was digesting my post workout meal... where as thats when the humalin really seems to help..

I prefer humalin/novolin-r over humalog.
I also prefer it post workout, not pre. Personally, I get sluggish, and have lousy workouts when using it pre-workout.

I believe you guys are looking at this all wrong. Stop looking at the peak and look at the time under the curve. If you want to shuttle nutrients you want the duration under the curve to be as high as possible and not just the peak.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

just fyi...
lantus makes you extremely insulin resistant within just A SINGLE WEEK of use. it WRECKS insulin sensitvity.
google it, there are multiple studies on that.

Actually, do you have links? Google hasn't been helpful.

I'm a type 2 diabetic who is just about off of Lantus, so I'm curious.

I disagree with you on the peak time. R peaks around an hour and holds there for the next 1.5-2 hours. You are probably noticing that you are simply running out of nutrients around 3 hour mark.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Are you sure brother?

**broken link removed**

How are you doing it now? Seams to be working well my friend. How often do you cycle on and off?

CG

I've mainly done just log pre. Last month or so started log pre and pwo. Last year I woudk do 5wk on 3 off. I only have ever used it pre and only train days of course. I think by taking off the days u dnt train u can run it longer without desensitizing. Im no expert but this is what I believe. I'm also curiosi about metaformin or berberine for those off wks as I've heard works good.

time_activity.gif

Thx for sharing that bro. And In Canada log is Otc as well.

I've mainly done just log pre. Last month or so started log pre and pwo. Last year I woudk do 5wk on 3 off. I only have ever used it pre and only train days of course. I think by taking off the days u dnt train u can run it longer without desensitizing. Im no expert but this is what I believe. I'm also curiosi about metaformin or berberine for those off wks as I've heard works good.

I only use slin on training days as well, and I use metformin on non-training/slin days to keep sensitivity to insulin good and even though I'm eating less carbs off days, I like a glucose disposal tool like metformin to help shuttle those carbs into the right place. I think using it during complete slin off time/weeks would work very well.

Yes this is what I wanna to try with as well. I think the key is to stay as sensitive as possible and met seems to help from what I've heard and read

Well for those in the US without a script unfortunately Hum/Nov-R is the only insulin that can be purchased OTC at the pharmacy.

I'd like to try Humalog, personally, but it's so much more of a pain in the ass to get ahold of.

And it's tripled in price the last 2-3 years.

Yes this is what I wanna to try with as well. I think the key is to stay as sensitive as possible and met seems to help from what I've heard and read

Seems that metformin also has been shown in some studies lately to have other benefits to it as well. I'm pretty intrigued by it.
On my off days from slin and higher carbs, I'll usually take 500mg (half a 1g pill) 2-3 times that day. I feel much fuller which is nice to have when not using slin that day.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear