over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin vets and experienced users only plz

The study I referred to didn't say it 'benefitted' them, I didn't mean to imply it benefitted them, however, it did 'benefit' them from a health standpoint in interfering with androgen influenced up regulation in prostate cancer.

Metformin Inhibits Androgen-Induced IGF-IR Up-Regulation in Prostate Cancer Cells by Disrupting Membrane-Initiated Androgen Signaling
The way I read this it would be a negative. It interferes with androgen upregulation which is good if we are taking about cancer cells bad if we are talking about muscle cells. One has to believe that if it cause down regulation in cancer cells it would do the same in muscle cells.

I believe there is better options than met. Out there but people will have their own opinions. Personally I think the majority of the ways in which it works are simply not conducive to bodybuilding.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The way I read this it would be a negative. It interferes with androgen upregulation which is good if we are taking about cancer cells bad if we are talking about muscle cells. One has to believe that if it cause down regulation in cancer cells it would do the same in muscle cells.

I believe there is better options than met. Out there but people will have their own opinions. Personally I think the majority of the ways in which it works are simply not conducive to bodybuilding.

At this point there's no literature stating metformin acts on noncarcinogenesis AR. Obviously it does on PC oncogenesis. Tissue specific doesn't necessarily mean systematic.

Incidentally, berberine acts very similarly. Although that fell on deaf ears.

Last edited:
At this point there's no literature stating metformin acts on nontumorigenesis AR. Obviously it does on PC oncogenesis. Tissue specific doesn't necessarily mean systematic.

Incidentally, berberine acts very similarly. Although that fell on deaf ears.
Not going to argue the berberine fact but its a safe assumption to make that if it has an effect on them in one tissue chances are it has it on other tissues. Would you not agree?

Not going to argue the berberine fact but its a safe assumption to make that if it has an effect on them in one tissue chances are it has it on other tissues. Would you not agree?

That's my point, we don't know for sure.

The best bet we as a community could do to end this debate and put it to rest, is to email the researchers involved. Believe it or not, some researchers enjoy this. My genetics professor was a researcher at Loyola University. He's mentioned durning a few of his lectures on individuals that have emailed questions regarding previous research that's been published, that's highlighted the portion of his lectures.

So to answer your question, no I can't agree with you or anyone else at this time, until the proper authority states otherwise.

That's my point, we don't know for sure.

The best bet we as a community could do to end this debate and put it to rest, is to email the researchers involved. Believe it or not, some researchers enjoy this. My genetics professor was a researcher at Loyola University. He's mentioned durning a few of his lectures on individuals that have emailed questions regarding previous research that's been published, that's highlighted the portion of his lectures.

So to answer your question, no I can't agree with you or anyone else at this time, until the proper authority states otherwise.
I agree with you on just about everything in this post. Except for emailing the researchers. He can you do a human study on ar in muscles on people on steroids and really excessive amounts of them at that. Oh throw GH and peptides in there if you don't mind. Come on bro let's be real. People don't mind their cancer cells being biopsied but not many are lining up to have hunk of their muscle cut out in the name of research especially bodybuilders. In cases like they we have to use rational logic. If you don't want to agree that's fine but you cannot disagree either which is what you have done until this point.

You know the discussions lately of certain gda's or met having effects on cancer cells therefor it must be the same pertaining to muscle cells got me thinking...if I remember correctly cancer cells can not grow in the absence of glucose...so if your in ketosis cancer cells can not reproduce or grow...but there are guys who can grow muscle in the absence of glucose, even in ketosis

so maybe some things can have an affect on cancer cells and not necessarily have the same affect on muscle cells

I agree with you on just about everything in this post. Except for emailing the researchers. He can you do a human study on ar in muscles on people on steroids and really excessive amounts of them at that. Oh throw GH and peptides in there if you don't mind. Come on bro let's be real. People don't mind their cancer cells being biopsied but not many are lining up to have hunk of their muscle cut out in the name of research especially bodybuilders. In cases like they we have to use rational logic. If you don't want to agree that's fine but you cannot disagree either which is what you have done until this point.

I will be real, bro. You wanna ask a higher athourthy, let's ask Patrick Arnold. I guarante he knows much more on this topic than anyone on this board, or elsewhere.
I started a thread at PHF a few days ago asking Patrick Arnold about this whole topic. As I would like better clairifcation on the topic, as other's would. I was humbled by his comments. As I definitely don't have the answers for this, no more than anyone else does. He just answered a similar question another individual asked just as you stated.

I'll let you read his response ;)
**broken link removed**

If one is using novolin r preworkout would it be pointless to do cardio right after weights ? Let's say u take 10 iu r 30 min before weights and have 50 g carbs.. Then another 25-50 intra workout and then do cardio after weights... Then post workout meal..would the cardio be pointless as the insulin and carbs are still in system ????

If one is using novolin r preworkout would it be pointless to do cardio right after weights ? Let's say u take 10 iu r 30 min before weights and have 50 g carbs.. Then another 25-50 intra workout and then do cardio after weights... Then post workout meal..would the cardio be pointless as the insulin and carbs are still in system ????

I wouldn't do cardio after weights with any type of slin pumping through me....it defeats the purpose....with insulin you want to slam those nutrients in the muscle not burn them up doing cardio

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws