over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

insulin vs glucophage to enter keto ??!

xman280

Banned
Which one u like better for quick entrance in keto state ( hate waiting 3-4 days to deplete glycogen just for a short DNP cycle). I havent tried metformin for that purpose but used the Humulin standard protocol of 2ius every two hrs for 5 doses on day one, supposedly next day should be in keto, but never been actually sure...
p.s speaking of short DNP cycles - Tony Huge gave a great idea for high DNP dose(800-1000mg - powder - not crystallized) for two day a week, every week for several week at a time while not dieting too harsh the rest 5 days. Pros - u can loose tons of fat for those two days by staying at a very low caloric intake, without suffering the for 10 days at a time from lack of ATP in ur body. Last time I did 12 days of 800mg - heat was nothing in comparison to diminished brain/mental functions due to lack of ATP...just horrible....

Last edited:
Using 1-2ius of insulin as you described should get you into ketosis quicker, and is also supposed to minimize symptoms. I've followed this approach myself along with several other people I know, best way to tell you're in ketosis is to get some ketostix.

It is not necessary to be in ketosis for DNP to work.

But, why not maintain a ketogenic diet throughout the diet period?

I do not think that 2 day protocol is just as effective, but it is interesting to try other protocols.

It is not necessary to be in ketosis for DNP to work.

But, why not maintain a ketogenic diet throughout the diet period?

I do not think that 2 day protocol is just as effective, but it is interesting to try other protocols.

we dont have about the crabs and the effectiveness of DNP again , it s in the articles forum it s been proven, and I ve tried both ways, but as far as studies show, firtst thing DNP does b4 starting to burn fat is depleting your muscled from glycogen , which on average takes 3-4 days, that s why most protocols i ve seen have a carb depletion stage 3 days before starting DNP, so u dont have to waste 3 days on dnp just getting the glycogen out, considering you ll be doing a 10 day cycle.
or u mean maintain keto between the 2 days of dnp? I have to carb load at least once a week, look too flat and weak otherwise
Theoretically 2 days a week with 800mg should give you 2lbs oof fat loss...I was losing a lbs a day with 800 mg and cal - a bit higher than maintenance amount. 10 days of 800 and 2 days of 400 I ended up 20 lbs lighter, after loading on carbs gained back 10lbs and skint stretched, lost subQ water and was leaner and 10 lbs lighter and never lost an oz of strength. a few weeks later I regained some extra size, so I weigh as heavy as i started and much leaner....

Last edited:
I've tried all three and the humulin-R is definitely the fastest , you can start in the morning and be in ketosis by dinner

we dont have about the crabs and the effectiveness of DNP again , it s in the articles forum it s been proven, and I ve tried both ways, but as far as studies show, firtst thing DNP does b4 starting to burn fat is depleting your muscled from glycogen , which on average takes 3-4 days, that s why most protocols i ve seen have a carb depletion stage 3 days before starting DNP, so u dont have to waste 3 days on dnp just getting the glycogen out, considering you ll be doing a 10 day cycle.
or u mean maintain keto between the 2 days of dnp? I have to carb load at least once a week, look too flat and weak otherwise
Theoretically 2 days a week with 800mg should give you 2lbs oof fat loss...I was losing a lbs a day with 800 mg and cal - a bit higher than maintenance amount. 10 days of 800 and 2 days of 400 I ended up 20 lbs lighter, after loading on carbs gained back 10lbs and skint stretched, lost subQ water and was leaner and 10 lbs lighter and never lost an oz of strength. a few weeks later I regained some extra size, so I weigh as heavy as i started and much leaner....

I am always in keto so it has never been a problem or a puzzle.

In your situation, the best solution seems to make carb load on Wednesday.

I am open to testing that weekend protocol, but I very much doubt it is as effective as a 10-day protocol with lower DNP amounts.

You use crazy amounts, is your product legitimate?

I am always in keto so it has never been a problem or a puzzle.

In your situation, the best solution seems to make carb load on Wednesday.

I am open to testing that weekend protocol, but I very much doubt it is as effective as a 10-day protocol with lower DNP amounts.

You use crazy amounts, is your product legitimate?

of course not , 10-12 days of dnp at a high dose or 3 weeks at a low is much more effective but that no ATP thing is messing with my mind a lot..i ll deal with the heat the sweats and all but the mood and depressive/angry/mood swings/down feeling thing is horrible...

If your using a HIGH dose(750mg-1000) of dnp it does not take 3-4 days to deplete glycogen.

If your using a HIGH dose(750mg-1000) of dnp it does not take 3-4 days to deplete glycogen.

probably so, but even if takes a day and I wana try on using just two days a week, i m still wasting one day, i d rather deplete glycogen fist so for those two days cut the cals to 2000 and lose as much fat as possible

3-4iu every meal protein/veggie. boom done.

u do 3-4 ius approx every 3-4 hrs? ..about 4 times on day 1?

I recently played around with insulin in small doses. Honestly someone else's exact protocol won't necessarily work for you. Because they could be a lot leaner and there for far more insulin sensitive then you. Or vice versa. So I would start with the 2iu's 4-5 times a day while eating minimal carbs and go from there. Make sure you keep some carbs handy just in case you go a little hypo later in the day. Honestly 2iu's is a VERY small dose but better be safe then sorry. Also i recommend using a short acting insulin when doing this. If you use a longer acting like novolin or humalin R your 2iu shots will over lap each other.

Last edited:
I ve done the 2iu of humilin R every two hrs , no issues going hypo , once i did 4 at a time and after the 3 shot stat feeling hypo, but i know my limit on an empty stomach for cardio or to go keto.....recently somebody was saying about glucophage being just as good , never tried it for that purpose...

a lot of ppl find glucophage useless except for keto stage....the only other purpose i see if I wanna eat some junk food/extra carbs and take some that day...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws