over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin with lowcarb diet

jp2007

Registered
Hey guys, i had a buddy of mine ask me a question and it got me thinking so i thought id ask for your opinions.. He was asking me what i thought about the use of insulin during a low carb contest prep, like 60-80g carbs.. He has used insulin before and said he only needs 6g carbs per iu or so.. Here's what he asked me though. He wanted to do 30g carbs with his meal with 3iu humulin r (around 6am), 4 hours later he was going to take another 3iu but this time he was only going to take a couple glucose tabs with his meal, then 4 hours later (preworkout) he was going to take 2iu with a meal with 15g carbs and post workout another 15g carbs with his post meal. He had other meals in his day but we didn't get in to that.

He was hoping that the use of insulin would help him retain more muscle. I said isn't that why you take certain AAS during prep, but he insists in thinking the insulin with the AAS precontest will make things THAT much better.

Now i don't know too much about insulin so i didnt give him an opinion, i sort of understand how insulin works but not exactly.. I was just curious to what you though about his whole theory

By its very nature insulin will put fat on you with carbs, no avoiding it. You could tho do a very lowdose of insulin (1-2 ius) pre or post workout without carbs tho, it will aid in fatloss, while increasing anabolism to a small extent. Just monitor you Blood glucose levels and probably carb up a little in the mornings before your workouts.

One question

WHY?

Out of all the unhealthy things necessary to be succesful (let's just be honest), this one sounds like the epitome of unnecessarity

Insulin can be dangerous. He better do some research before trying it based on what someone told him. I'd be really hesitant to give advice on insulin if I didn't know first hand what I was talking about. And I don't, so I'd say, stay away from it.

By its very nature insulin will put fat on you with carbs, no avoiding it. You could tho do a very lowdose of insulin (1-2 ius) pre or post workout without carbs tho, it will aid in fatloss, while increasing anabolism to a small extent. Just monitor you Blood glucose levels and probably carb up a little in the mornings before your workouts.

That's what he was telling me, but I don't know much about it.. He's used insulin in the offseason on a few different occasions. Never with low carbs though

I was just curious to hear what others thought about his approach, and his reason behind it.

I have no experience with insulin, so i like to hear/learn different peoples protocols and what not

Low blood sugar can kill you... If not treated...

I don't see the point in this... Insulin shuttles glucose into cells... You need carbs for this to occur...

Why not T3 or clen?

I don't know.. Thats why i asked to hear what others think.. I was thinking maybe someone has experimented with this and could give their point of view or share their experience

I know there is a whole protocol for carbless insulin use PWO. I have not read them or followed posts on them, because it's not something I am interested in doing, but I have seen some guy's make big changes with it.

I wouldn't

He's playing with fire taking slin with low carb diet. Better resultes with hgh along with AAS. my 2 cents

I know there is a whole protocol for carbless insulin use PWO. I have not read them or followed posts on them, because it's not something I am interested in doing, but I have seen some guy's make big changes with it.

Thank you for responding amazon, could you post some links or point me in the right direction?

You guys are overreacting a little. While certainly not something to you would do during a keto diet, but with a low carb diet it would be fine and can cause some nice results. 1iu will not cause hypoglycemia and a single glucose tab would be enough to put you back up if you did feel hypo. I suggest your friend visit Dat's forum. He's got alot of good info regarding insulin's use for dieting and fatloss.

i'm not worried about the going hypo part... hard to go hypo on that amount of slin... hell, eating 60-75 grams of protein while taking 2-3 iu of slin will prevent you from getting hypo without the carbs...

what i'm worried about is thinking he'd gain anything from that kind of dose.

if someone told you he'd take 10 mg of prop eod to keep muscle on while dieting... would that sound like a good idea?

Just sounds like an all around bad experiment, if he's so worried about muscle loss, tell him to up his aas dose. At least that's proven and won't instantly kill him :D

You guys are overreacting a little. While certainly not something to you would do during a keto diet, but with a low carb diet it would be fine and can cause some nice results. 1iu will not cause hypoglycemia and a single glucose tab would be enough to put you back up if you did feel hypo. I suggest your friend visit Dat's forum. He's got alot of good info regarding insulin's use for dieting and fatloss.

Thank you, I will definitely tell him about it!

i'm not worried about the going hypo part... hard to go hypo on that amount of slin... hell, eating 60-75 grams of protein while taking 2-3 iu of slin will prevent you from getting hypo without the carbs...

what i'm worried about is thinking he'd gain anything from that kind of dose.

if someone told you he'd take 10 mg of prop eod to keep muscle on while dieting... would that sound like a good idea?

I'm glad you chimed in! A few people I've talked to (not on this forum) have told me that slin is a bad thing to use during contest prep all together because of the "look" it gives. I'm guessing that's just their experience because they over do the carbs with it. I would imagine because of how it works (remember I don't know exactly, just kind of the basics of how it works) it could be useful while in a calorie deficit..

Many guys use it during prep from your area right?

Just sounds like an all around bad experiment, if he's so worried about muscle loss, tell him to up his aas dose. At least that's proven and won't instantly kill him :D

That was also my suggestion.. But since he asked me about it, it kind of got me interested in the theory.

So I thought I'd ask about it :)

I'm glad you chimed in! A few people I've talked to (not on this forum) have told me that slin is a bad thing to use during contest prep all together because of the "look" it gives. I'm guessing that's just their experience because they over do the carbs with it. I would imagine because of how it works (remember I don't know exactly, just kind of the basics of how it works) it could be useful while in a calorie deficit..

Many guys use it during prep from your area right?

yup... and most of them don't know what the hell it does... they just think it makes them bigger and gives them an awesome pump. they have no idea it brings blood sugar down.

Buselmo, can you personally tell the difference between the ones who use insulin and the ones who dont over there?

Do the ones that use it carry a more full, vascular look.. Also, do you actually think it is beneficial to these guys because of the way they supplement and diet precontest?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws