over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin

Well as an example if I use 12iu slin pre workout I will eat my pre meal 90mins prior to training which will have carbs in ie ground rice, banana, honey and some fat to slow the transit down, 30 mins pre i would have 30-40g maltodextrin or whatever carb source you prefer with EAA's, I am lucky as I don't get overly bloated from malto. Then my intra would consist of 100g+ of malto with the addition of EAA's, peptopro and creatine. I am in a growth phase at the moment so I use slin pre and post workout.

Some people may disagree but I am not overly concerned with going hypo as its not hard to correct providing you have not messed up your dose which is pretty hard to do unless you're an idiot lol. For me its 20 minutes of feeling a bit crap with the shakes and bit light headed but after starting my pwo meal and cooling myself down a bit after 20 mins or so its gone. I always keep a lucozade or glucose drink in the car or gym bag just incase.

If in doubt if its an option for you then work with a coach and it removes a lot of guess work, I work with xjpx - Jordan Peters.
What is your post dose of slin?

I may have to email a pic. Having trouble getting this tablet to upload. I'll keep trying. May have to get my wife to figure this thing out

You can PM me if you don't want it on the open post. Also I am not in any way claiming to have any better of an opinion than anyone else that has posted here. I do however have some good experience with different slin protocols that I have found to work well but I know many others on here do as well[emoji4]

Did u consider adding Lantus?
Instead of upping the short active slin dose,
i had better experience with lantus at 70iu morning
with humalog before workouts at low 10iu..

Did u consider adding Lantus?
Instead of upping the short active slin dose,
i had better experience with lantus at 70iu morning
with humalog before workouts at low 10iu..

Did Lantus make you feel like shit all day, Ive tried it and felt super lethargic all day

I would discourage anyone from using basal insulin for bodybuilding purposes. The only time I can see this being useful would be to sustain a very unnaturally large amount of muscle, when it is used in the presence of growth hormone and a high carbohydate intake (as GH induces insulin resistance).

For most people, it will yeild visceral fat buildup unless their nutrition is pretty flawless and very low fat/low sugar. The same applies to regular insulin use in my opinion, but the regular insulin allows for a short window of activity in an attempt to maximize the benefit for bodybuilding reasons (i.e. glycogen supercomensation around workouts, in theory supported added growth), while minimizing the downsides of chronic hyperinsulinemia.

chronic hyperinsulinemia.

Can you elaborate on how you think hyperinsluinemia is in anyway relevant to bodybuilding and using fast acting slin? Pretty sure thats to do with metabolic conditions like hypertension, being very fat, or having a glucose intolerance.

I've never noticed anything great in the short-term from slin usage other than the aforementioned "pump" in the gym.

It's kind of like taking HGH - you don't really see or feel much on a day to day basis, but 2 months later you suddenly realized the changes in your body.

I love using lantus, many studies show how it raises IGF-1 levels.

When I used Lantus I remained far fuller than I ever did on just short acting shots throughout the day.

But ya I agree unless you're really trying to push the slin hard after you're already using 10-15iu for each meal then you shouldn't mess with it.

Last edited:
I love using lantus, many studies show how it raises IGF-1 levels.

When I used Lantus I remained far fuller than I ever did on just short acting shots throughout the day.

But ya I agree unless you're really trying to push the slin hard after you're already using 10-15iu for each meal then you shouldn't mess with it.

I'd be scared to mess with that unless I was 100% dedicated to an almost no fat diet the entire time. I would be worried about increasing VAT and/or just getting sloppier and fat. Probably keep my per feeding carbs pretty low still. Only ever played with NovoLog pens in conjunction with Norditropin pens. I dont think I'd even toy with slin unless I had active GH in the system. These days (early 30's) I try to stay as lean as I can most of the time and only increase cals during short gaining phases. Nothing like a dirty bulk of yesteryear. When I have experimented with slin, it was only in the intra workout window and never above 10-12iu.

Did you get fatter? What was your per meal carb count and/or general diet like? If you just ate a lot of everything and went on a lot of Lantus I think almost anyone would gain a lot of VAT.

Last edited:
I'd be scared to mess with that unless I was 100% dedicated to an almost no fat diet the entire time. I would be worried about increasing VAT and/or just getting sloppier and fat. Probably keep my per feeding carbs pretty low still. Only ever played with NovoLog pens in conjunction with Norditropin pens. I dont think I'd even toy with slin unless I had active GH in the system. These days (early 30's) I try to stay as lean as I can most of the time and only increase cals during short gaining phases. Nothing like a dirty bulk of yesteryear. When I have experimented with slin, it was only in the intra workout window and never above 10-12iu.

Did you get fatter? What was your per meal carb count and/or general diet like? If you just ate a lot of everything and went on a lot of Lantus I think almost anyone would gain a lot of VAT.

Nope no fat gain, although I'm naturally very skinny and lean so I don't tend to put on fat regardless.

Fats were kept around 80g a day and carbs were in the 600g range. Steaks were a regular part of dinners but mostly rice, potatoes, chicken, and turkey.

I've never been afraid of fats with slin, I've shot slin prior to meals with ground beef many times with no fat gain.

Did Lantus make you feel like shit all day, Ive tried it and felt super lethargic all day

on lantus i keep my diet high carb and high protein with as little fat as possible
if anything,i felt better..

For me the only negative is water weight
while i like how my body looks on it,my face change to full moon
body looks 10%bf, face looks like 20% :/

I used to run humalin R and humalin N at very high doses. My diet was primarily chicken breasts and steamed white rice.
I got very lean doing this for several months.
The pump and fullness were ridiculous!
What I didn't like is I would get heart palpitations.

I used to run humalin R and humalin N at very high doses. My diet was primarily chicken breasts and steamed white rice.
I got very lean doing this for several months.
The pump and fullness were ridiculous!
What I didn't like is I would get heart palpitations.
When would u get palpitations? Do u know if it was specifically from slin or were u running any A as with it...I'm currently running 10ius novolog on cycle and heart is perfectly fine. I know everyone's body is different just curious as what all u were stacking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

When would u get palpitations? Do u know if it was specifically from slin or were u running any A as with it...I'm currently running 10ius novolog on cycle and heart is perfectly fine. I know everyone's body is different just curious as what all u were stacking

It was the slin. I was using very high doses. That's what caused the palpitations. I would take 40 units of humalin R preworkout.

It was the slin. I was using very high doses. That's what caused the palpitations. I would take 40 units of humalin R preworkout.
Good lord I can't imagine the pump...I have painful pumps at just 10 ius

You can PM me if you don't want it on the open post. Also I am not in any way claiming to have any better of an opinion than anyone else that has posted here. I do however have some good experience with different slin protocols that I have found to work well but I know many others on here do as well[emoji4]

Oh no it's cool. I'll get one on here.

I've never noticed anything great in the short-term from slin usage other than the aforementioned "pump" in the gym.

It's kind of like taking HGH - you don't really see or feel much on a day to day basis, but 2 months later you suddenly realized the changes in your body.

That may be where I've been messing up more. Not taking it long enough to notice the change.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws