over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin

Pre for me, I enjoy the pumps and getting my intra workout shake absorbed. Then another meal post workout

Pre is better on paper but it ruined too many work outs for me, maybe 1 in 5. So I prefer post workout

When I used it pre I tried all the best carb powders too an still it would mess me up sometimes an id need to sit down an let the carbs absorb in my stomach, I'd lose my pump, I like to train high volume with only 45-60 sec rests, an was using maybe 12iu log,

I could of lowered the dose but decided to just take it post from now on, while I'm in the gym changing room, 12iu with 75carb then 1hr later soild meal with 75g too from rice or potatos

Pre is better on paper but it ruined too many work outs for me, maybe 1 in 5. So I prefer post workout

When I used it pre I tried all the best carb powders too an still it would mess me up sometimes an id need to sit down an let the carbs absorb in my stomach, I'd lose my pump, I like to train high volume with only 45-60 sec rests, an was using maybe 12iu log,

I could of lowered the dose but decided to just take it post from now on, while I'm in the gym changing room, 12iu with 75carb then 1hr later soild meal with 75g too from rice or potatos

Did you notice a big difference going from previous to post?

Did you notice a big difference going from previous to post?

Well you get a crazy pump doing it pre work out, in terms of gains, I don't know, I'm a hard gainer so little things like slim or intra workout drinks, creatine an stuff don't seem to make any difference in the sort term, lucky if I gain 6lb in a year of lbm, sorry cant be more helpful

Well you get a crazy pump doing it pre work out, in terms of gains, I don't know, I'm a hard gainer so little things like slim or intra workout drinks, creatine an stuff don't seem to make any difference in the sort term, lucky if I gain 6lb in a year of lbm, sorry cant be more helpful

Now problem, thanks for sharing your experience.I to am a hard gainer, so I guess I'll have to try both and see what one works best

I enjoy the pumps 10 IU's (Humilin R) gives me when injected pre-workout for "most body parts" while keeping my blood glucose levels stable. However, I can only do "post" workout injection on legs days...otherwise I end up feeling hypo and focusing too much on maintaining my blood glucose when doing squats and deadlifts. As always, YMMV...

If you are new to insulin, I highly recommend starting "post workout" to get used to it, keep sugary drinks on you for the duration insulin is active in your body, stay aware of hypo symptoms, and keep doing research before you commit to it.

Last edited:
I use novalin R which peaks at 3 hours and lasts 7 hours so preworkout is best. I take it 2 hours preworkout so it's peaking while I train. I train for 3 hours typically.

I like pre the best. I find I stay leaner when I do it pre and I get a much better pump in the gym with it pre-workout as well.

Last edited:
Would using insulin be beneficial for endurance athletes?

There have been pro endurance athletes accused of doping, which included insulin use. It is used for it's "recovery" attributes to replenish muscle glycogen storage, stimulate protein synthesis, and inhibit muscle breakdown. While the "recovery" mechanism (with insulin use) is the same for bodybuilders, they mostly value it's muscle hypertrophy potential.

Insulin can be useful post-workout (endurance)...as pre-workout would crash your blood glucose levels and you'll have painful muscle pumps that will cut your endurance workout short. I'd defer to others that have used it for endurance purposes, as I didn't use anything during my triathlon and cycling race days. I'll add my typical disclaimer with insulin (or any AAS use)...do plenty of research and play smart to avoid injury or worse, as it's not something to take lightly.

BTW - welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Im thinking about trying insulin. A lot of what Ive seen from people going hypo doing slin pre....is takeing in a big shake right after pinning. I think if you just make 1 shake with all your carbs, and whey, and supplements, and sip the whole thing starting 15 min post injection to the end of your workout. And a clean meal post workout. You shouldn't have much problems on a constant carb feed. Thats how I plan to run it.

Im thinking about trying insulin. A lot of what Ive seen from people going hypo doing slin pre....is takeing in a big shake right after pinning. I think if you just make 1 shake with all your carbs, and whey, and supplements, and sip the whole thing starting 15 min post injection to the end of your workout. And a clean meal post workout. You shouldn't have much problems on a constant carb feed. Thats how I plan to run it.

Most insulins have more then one peek, so it's best to split the shakes up. Also everyone reacts a little differently so it's best to keep safe precautions on hand like soda or sugary sports drinks mixed with carb powder

I prefer pre workout using Humilin R. If you use Humilin R and use the Mike Arnold protocol as a guideline it is easy to not go hypo. Just use 10g of carbs per IU to start and you will be fine as long as you eat a solid meal with carbs 1-2 hours before your slin shot you will be fine.

If you have not eaten in a while and you use humalog you might have trouble doing it pre the first time bc it hits harder. The general consensus these days is that pre is better, but it works either way.

A little carbs with a meal an hour or 2 before the slin goes a long way in helping you not go hypo.

I personally prefer a low dose of humalog preWO...my schedule most days is pretty nicely set up to allow me to time it the way I like:

5am - wake up, pin peptides and start coffee
515 - pin GH, start drinking coffee, pack gym bag and make preWO meal
530 - eat preWO meal (25g isolate, 30g rice cereal), make intraWO drink
545 - drive to gym, change, pin 5iu humalog
6-8 - train, drink intraWO (usually 75-100g HBCD + EAAs)
830 - arrive at work, eat postWO meal and carry on (emails, nap, etc)

I personally prefer a low dose of humalog preWO...my schedule most days is pretty nicely set up to allow me to time it the way I like:

5am - wake up, pin peptides and start coffee
515 - pin GH, start drinking coffee, pack gym bag and make preWO meal
530 - eat preWO meal (25g isolate, 30g rice cereal), make intraWO drink
545 - drive to gym, change, pin 5iu humalog
6-8 - train, drink intraWO (usually 75-100g HBCD + EAAs)
830 - arrive at work, eat postWO meal and carry on (emails, nap, etc)
That's really close to my mornings and it almost exactly how i was going to do it. I was going to split up the shakes for timing reasons

Last edited:
I hated for pre workout. I had some serious fatigue!!! Had to drink some coke or eat some sugar for me to get back in The zone. And finish my workouts. That's just me. Then I learned it was better for post. Then chug a Gatorade. Because if not the sugar level is coming down. And you'll find yourself in hospital bed.

I hated for pre workout. I had some serious fatigue!!! Had to drink some coke or eat some sugar for me to get back in The zone. And finish my workouts. That's just me. Then I learned it was better for post. Then chug a Gatorade. Because if not the sugar level is coming down. And you'll find yourself in hospital bed.

You are a perfect example of someone that has NO BUSINESS using insulin. I personally don't use it either - but you obviously have no clue what you are doing. You definitely need to spend time reading and learning and stop making one word posts trying to get to 50.

At the end of the day, it comes down to that individual. I prefer pre workout but that does not means it right for the next guy. At the end of the day, you need to try for yourself.

Its just common sense, if you are going to do something like insulin that is unforgiving you should take every precaution... Start low and work your way up slowly (and dont take it when you are fasted), and eat/drink plenty of carbs per IU (10) while it is active. Then when you are comfortable you can start to tweak it.

For most people there is no need to take it at all. I have no need to take it but I have been training so long I decided I wanted to do it, so I educated myself and read like crazy and then I was very cautious with it.

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner