over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin

Its exactly what ,,Growman said....its all individual and alot of people shouldnt use it. However, im a type one and its a secret weapon..pm me if you want to know how to use it SAFELY.

I hated for pre workout. I had some serious fatigue!!! Had to drink some coke or eat some sugar for me to get back in The zone. And finish my workouts. That's just me. Then I learned it was better for post. Then chug a Gatorade. Because if not the sugar level is coming down. And you'll find yourself in hospital bed.

Then you needed to either eat more or lower your insulin dose. Too hard to say which without knowing more about you.

Hypo symptoms can be avoided simply by eating a sufficient amount of whole food a couple hours before training and then having an intra-shake. If you can't manage your BG levels by eating the proper amount of food (for you) at those two intervals, then your insulin dose was too high.

Either way, you were doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Then you needed to either eat more or lower your insulin dose. Too hard to say which without knowing more about you.

Hypo symptoms can be avoided simply by eating a sufficient amount of whole food a couple hours before training and then having an intra-shake. If you can't manage your BG levels by eating the proper amount of food (for you) at those two intervals, then your insulin dose was too high.

x2

Plus it's not always just the amount of carbs but the timing. When I first started insulin I conducted experiments on myself so I could fully learn how I responded to it's effects. I found if I drank my intra shake very quickly I would/may go hypo later on. Now if I sipped my intra shake throughout my entire workout and even afterwards that would never happen. Obviously 2 key factors is the amount of carbs in that intra shake and the insulin dose. If you inject too much insulin or you don't give yourself enough carbs in the first place (can look at things in 2 ways) then it doesn't matter how you time things you may go hypo. Even without the intra shake the same can be said for pre workout meals and insulin dose.

Too many guys use far too little carbs on insulin thinking they will go fat which is rubbish... especially if training whilst the slin is active. It's a complex subject but as Mike stated you were definitely doing something wrong.

completely agree on elvia

timing is so damn important, most people dont know shit about how long your blood sugar is elevated from carbs (doesnt even matter if theyre high GI carbs or complex)... id say 90% of people completely fuck up carb timing and amounts with their insulin...

I use your protocol, not exactly but very closely and I never go hypo. I use the timing exactly and that is the most important thing.

x2

Plus it's not always just the amount of carbs but the timing. When I first started insulin I conducted experiments on myself so I could fully learn how I responded to it's effects. I found if I drank my intra shake very quickly I would/may go hypo later on. Now if I sipped my intra shake throughout my entire workout and even afterwards that would never happen. Obviously 2 key factors is the amount of carbs in that intra shake and the insulin dose. If you inject too much insulin or you don't give yourself enough carbs in the first place (can look at things in 2 ways) then it doesn't matter how you time things you may go hypo. Even without the intra shake the same can be said for pre workout meals and insulin dose.

Too many guys use far too little carbs on insulin thinking they will go fat which is rubbish... especially if training whilst the slin is active. It's a complex subject but as Mike stated you were definitely doing something wrong.

I tell everyone who asks about insulin that the smartest thing you can do is eat a meal an hour or 2 before you take the slin. No more than 2 hours, preferably 1-1.5 hours. It just gives you a little safety net when your blood sugar is not super low when you take the slin. Then just drink your shake or shakes based on the timing in Mike's protocol and you will be GTG.

For some reason guys want to get creative and start with a high slin dose and try to use as little carbs as possible, and this obviously can lead to problems.

Mike, what if one trains fasted first thing in the A.M. and is therefore unable to consume any carbs prior to the slin shot? Since this may make it more difficult to avoid going hypo, what are your suggestions in this scenario? I plan on giving insulin a try using your latest hum-r protocol. Many thanks.

Mike, what if one trains fasted first thing in the A.M. and is therefore unable to consume any carbs prior to the slin shot? Since this may make it more difficult to avoid going hypo, what are your suggestions in this scenario? I plan on giving insulin a try using your latest hum-r protocol. Many thanks.
I would also like to hear some feedback on this. I as well train early am and was wondering what a good protocol would be. I was going to start super low insulin with a meal high in carbs with a intra shake and plenty of carbs in the gym bag just in case.

Its exactly what ,,Growman said....its all individual and alot of people shouldnt use it. However, im a type one and its a secret weapon..pm me if you want to know how to use it SAFELY.

hey bro clean out your inbox want to send you a message thanks

it depends. i used to love it pre but then at time i would go hypo so it would ruin the entire workout. I switch it up now.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws