over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

btails

Registered
So I've been spending the day reading about insulin. Not new to it myself but it's one thing that everytime I research it I come out more confused than when I started as there's so many varying opinions.

Ie. Two very smart people. Colette nelson and Justin Harris.

Colette- use basal insulin as soon as fasted blood glucose rises above 90. Also pre workout and pwo insulin serves no purpose. There's also no negative feedback loop to using insulin.

Justin- only use insulin on high days and use metformin etc for insulin sensitivity. Continued insulin usage will cause insulin resistance.

Then we have luki using pre and pwo and says stay away from basal insulin (from my understanding from your postings luki)

Then also @danieltx with his protocols...

I sit here now and I'm like.. ok.. so what in the fuck is the answer? It seems so easy with everything else as There's normally one clear cut answer. Ie.

Aas- take them in whatever amount you can handle

hgh- as much as you can afford or handle

Then with insulin everyone has an opinion that varys greatly it seems. And again, these are highly regarded people.

I get its a balancing act, have to keep insulin sensitivity etc or else they all fuck you in the end.. but like do we not even fuck with metformin and just use basal insulin? Fuck the pre workout and pwo slin?

or use metformin/berberine, use slin only on high days? Or only pre and post on training days?

Am I missing something here?

What are your goals?

Use it to fit your goals and your diet and your training and how your body reacts to it

So obviously there are going to be different answers and opinions.

How many days do you train a week?
How many carbs do you eat a day?
How much bigger do you want to get?
How much insulin are you willing to use?
How much can your body and blood sugar handle ?

So I've been spending the day reading about insulin. Not new to it myself but it's one thing that everytime I research it I come out more confused than when I started as there's so many varying opinions.

Ie. Two very smart people. Colette nelson and Justin Harris.

Colette- use basal insulin as soon as fasted blood glucose rises above 90. Also pre workout and pwo insulin serves no purpose. There's also no negative feedback loop to using insulin.

Justin- only use insulin on high days and use metformin etc for insulin sensitivity. Continued insulin usage will cause insulin resistance.

Then we have luki using pre and pwo and says stay away from basal insulin (from my understanding from your postings luki)

Then also @danieltx with his protocols...

I sit here now and I'm like.. ok.. so what in the fuck is the answer? It seems so easy with everything else as There's normally one clear cut answer. Ie.

Aas- take them in whatever amount you can handle

hgh- as much as you can afford or handle

Then with insulin everyone has an opinion that varys greatly it seems. And again, these are highly regarded people.

I get its a balancing act, have to keep insulin sensitivity etc or else they all fuck you in the end.. but like do we not even fuck with metformin and just use basal insulin? Fuck the pre workout and pwo slin?

or use metformin/berberine, use slin only on high days? Or only pre and post on training days?

Am I missing something here?
The first time I ran Slin I went with what felt the “simplest” to me and what would fit into my trainging and work schedule along with timing of my meals. Insulin is perfectly safe when used correctly - but obviously you need to be able to use correctly with your lifestyle. That’s how I would approach it - make sense?

You really have to experiment - all of us you named have figured out the right protocol for our goals and they're all a bit different, but each clearly works for us without insulin resistance, without excessive fat gain, etc.

My best advice would be start using it preworkout only and take notes - how glucose is impacted, how many IUs you need per grams of carbs, how GH impacts it, measure your blood sugar, etc. This is how I came up with my protocols. Others' protocols can be a good guide but if you want to get the most out of insulin for yourself you have to experiment and take notes.

You need to trial and error this for yourself to find out what works best for you personally

if you had asked me 15yrs ago when my diet was shit, wasn’t on gh, and only had humulin r - i woulda told you using insulin is a waste of time

now i fucking love it

i do 8-10 weeks of bulk and use insulin during that time, also a LOT of blood sugar supps

then 2 weeks minicut/insulin reset w no insulin, add dnp and keto diet

i use a decent amount of insulin w no appreciable fat gain and quite a bit of carbs, just had to figure out what foods worked for me first

How many iu's have you been using pre and post?
Depends on the food that day. Highest I go is 15 pre and post on high days. That covers 400g carbs in that workout window.

175g carbs pre
50g carbs Intra
175g carbs post

Ok @3BILLS and @slesh I think everyone is reading past what I'm writing perhaps

I have used enough insulin in my time. This is not my first rodeo. For example I have used 130iu humalog daily at one point under the ill advice of a coach while running high dnp dosages.

So therein i understand how to use insulin. I want to take stuff a little deeper than that though.

If you watch the videos you will understand my confusion. Collete is highly highly regarded on her insulin information (to my understanding at least?) And then you also have Justin Harris who we all know knows his shit.

Now these 2 people have such varying degrees of opinion on how to use insulin that it's nuts. Not sure if you've seen the videos but if you do you will see what I'm saying.

@danieltx that is what I was afraid of.. going to have to be my own pioneer on this one as we all seem to have to be for everything in this game.

I guess my main question is the basal insulin. Should we even bother with metformin or just say fuck it and do a basal if our fasted blood glucose is over 85?

I've been using metformin. A1c is in check 5.0 or 5.2 I believe.

I'm just trying to mitigate some shit when I'm older that could arise. I get we take risks but I don't want to fuck myself and have to shoot 200iu basal insulin when I'm 50 just to eat 200g of carbs because I desensitized myself when younger.

And this is where Collete and Harris differ if I'm understanding correctly

Ok @3BILLS and @slesh I think everyone is reading past what I'm writing perhaps

I have used enough insulin in my time. This is not my first rodeo. For example I have used 130iu humalog daily at one point under the ill advice of a coach while running high dnp dosages.

So therein i understand how to use insulin. I want to take stuff a little deeper than that though.

If you watch the videos you will understand my confusion. Collete is highly highly regarded on her insulin information (to my understanding at least?) And then you also have Justin Harris who we all know knows his shit.

Now these 2 people have such varying degrees of opinion on how to use insulin that it's nuts. Not sure if you've seen the videos but if you do you will see what I'm saying.

@danieltx that is what I was afraid of.. going to have to be my own pioneer on this one as we all seem to have to be for everything in this game.

I guess my main question is the basal insulin. Should we even bother with metformin or just say fuck it and do a basal if our fasted blood glucose is over 85?

I've been using metformin. A1c is in check 5.0 or 5.2 I believe.

I'm just trying to mitigate some shit when I'm older that could arise. I get we take risks but I don't want to fuck myself and have to shoot 200iu basal insulin when I'm 50 just to eat 200g of carbs because I desensitized myself when younger.

And this is where Collete and Harris differ if I'm understanding correctly
I wouldn't go with basal at the fasted blood sugar numbers you mentioned. I think always chasing low BS is a bad idea - I've grown better keeping it around 105-110 between meals than trying to keep it lower. There are many who believe post-prandial BS, like 2 hours 30 minutes after for a superheavyweight, is a better gage of where you're at than fasted. I've personally never used basal for fasted BS, I use Lantus for the increased IGF receptor activity to maximize gains.

Unless you have a preexisting condition or severely hurt your pancreas from not using insulin I don't see how you'd desensitize to it long-term.

What works best for me to get fasted and overall BS down outside of insulin is eating less and doing some fasting, like 12 hours from last meal before bed to eating the next day.

I’ve used slin several times with great results. I don’t think there’s no “one size fits all” way to use it. There’s definitely multiple ways to get great results with it. I’ve used Lantus , humalog, humalin r and gotten great results with all. So I think you can do all the research you want on it and listen to people tell you what works best etc but I think you definitely have to do a little bit of experimenting on yourself to see what works best for you. Just my 2 cents. I haven’t used slin in a little while but think I’m going to just use Lantus on my next bulk.

You need to trial and error this for yourself to find out what works best for you personally

if you had asked me 15yrs ago when my diet was shit, wasn’t on gh, and only had humulin r - i woulda told you using insulin is a waste of time

now i fucking love it

i do 8-10 weeks of bulk and use insulin during that time, also a LOT of blood sugar supps

then 2 weeks minicut/insulin reset w no insulin, add dnp and keto diet

i use a decent amount of insulin w no appreciable fat gain and quite a bit of carbs, just had to figure out what foods worked for me first

Awesome, thanks for that. Was planning on doing a similar approach myself but just psmf during the the minicut with higher dose dnp.

Which foods did you find worked for you out of curiosity?

I'm just pounding away chicken and rice like it's nothing.. 2-2.5 kg chicken alone daily

I wouldn't go with basal at the fasted blood sugar numbers you mentioned. I think always chasing low BS is a bad idea - I've grown better keeping it around 105-110 between meals than trying to keep it lower. There are many who believe post-prandial BS, like 2 hours 30 minutes after for a superheavyweight, is a better gage of where you're at than fasted. I've personally never used basal for fasted BS, I use Lantus for the increased IGF receptor activity to maximize gains.

Unless you have a preexisting condition or severely hurt your pancreas from not using insulin I don't see how you'd desensitize to it long-term.

What works best for me to get fasted and overall BS down outside of insulin is eating less and doing some fasting, like 12 hours from last meal before bed to eating the next day.

Thanks for that Daniel. Doing a similar approach with 2 zero carb (minus brocoli) days a week with the 12-15 hours fasted.

I'd look at what pros are doing what and what there coaches have them doing.
I personally like Milos' protocol in using it around training

Thanks for that Daniel. Doing a similar approach with 2 zero carb (minus brocoli) days a week with the 12-15 hours fasted.
Accidently posted before finishing. Timed out the edit function.

Interested to hear you found you grew better at that blood glucose range? I thought the goal was to dive it as low as we could (70-85)..

Also, do you use metformin at all or just rely on insulin?

Appreciate the help man.

Awesome, thanks for that. Was planning on doing a similar approach myself but just psmf during the the minicut with higher dose dnp.

Which foods did you find worked for you out of curiosity?

I'm just pounding away chicken and rice like it's nothing.. 2-2.5 kg chicken alone daily
Proteins:
chicken breast
tuna
eggs
milk protein isolate
whey isolate
beef isolate

carbs:
jasmine rice
rice krispies
cocoa pebbles
fruity pebbles
rice chex
highly branched cyclic dextrin
karbolyn
fig bars
welchs fruit snacks

Proteins:
chicken breast
tuna
eggs
milk protein isolate
whey isolate
beef isolate

carbs:
jasmine rice
rice krispies
cocoa pebbles
fruity pebbles
rice chex
highly branched cyclic dextrin
karbolyn
fig bars
welchs fruit snacks

So minimal fat approach. Did you use a basal insulin? Metformin?

Accidently posted before finishing. Timed out the edit function.

Interested to hear you found you grew better at that blood glucose range? I thought the goal was to dive it as low as we could (70-85)..

Also, do you use metformin at all or just rely on insulin?

Appreciate the help man.
I don't know that much on the science of it all. I'd think if your BS gets real low, like under 90, you risk aminos and glycogen being pulled from muscle and I don't want that - I want them constantly saturated with nutrients.

I use metformin on off days (total calorie and carb intake is considerably lower than training days) and when I travel without insulin. On rare occasions I'll have a really high carb meal on an off day and use insulin but it's typically just metformin.

Proteins:
chicken breast
tuna
eggs
milk protein isolate
whey isolate
beef isolate

carbs:
jasmine rice
rice krispies
cocoa pebbles
fruity pebbles