over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin!!!!

Yes, I've used Insulin(Humalog) gained about 10lbs, but it wasn't permanent. I started out at 2iu Post Workout followed by a 50/50 mix of Dextrose/WMS and some other supps that were in the SixStar advanced creatine I normally use PWO. I was getting about 60Gm Carbs PWO, followed by 40Gm Protein. I built up to 10iu over the next couple weeks and kept it at 10iu for the remainder 2 weeks. I increased my carb intake to 10Gm per IU of insulin and tried to avoid fats in my diet afterwards(not easy). After 4 weeks I had gained about 10lbs. I was also on 5iu GH mon-fri.

After over 10 years of research, I am still undecided how to use slin correctly.

If you are new to this I would say start out with a very low dose of fast acting slin and use it PWO only till you are comfortable with the effects.

PWO I would shoot 3iu humalog then ten minutes later I would use 10g carbs/iu of slin and 5g protein/iu of slin. So in this case your shake or meal would have at least 30g carbs and 15g protein. Then you could increase the dose each week by 1iu till you are happy, remember the macronutrients have to also increase. About 1-1.5hs after your shot have a nice clean low fat/high protein/high complex carb meal.

Always have a high sugar drink and choc bar on hand and at the first sign of shaking, sweating or a general feeling of unwell consume. Slin can kill you dead today, yes today not 30 years from now TODAY. So be very careful with its use.

Thanks!

Did you feel you got any gains in size from this?

Yes, I've used Insulin(Humalog) gained about 10lbs, but it wasn't permanent. I started out at 2iu Post Workout followed by a 50/50 mix of Dextrose/WMS and some other supps that were in the SixStar advanced creatine I normally use PWO. I was getting about 60Gm Carbs PWO, followed by 40Gm Protein. I built up to 10iu over the next couple weeks and kept it at 10iu for the remainder 2 weeks. I increased my carb intake to 10Gm per IU of insulin and tried to avoid fats in my diet afterwards(not easy). After 4 weeks I had gained about 10lbs. I was also on 5iu GH mon-fri.

Thanks for the testomony

Thanks!

Did you feel you got any gains in size from this?

I would have to say yes, however its hard to know for sure when other compounds are being used.

What I did different and still do is I use insulin called actrapid, when I joined the board BigA posted about its use and as it happens I have access to as much as I want from my diabetic friend. It peaks about 1.5 hours after injection and only stays active for about 4 hours. The reason I am drawn to slin is because of the way all creatine transport systems work. They mix the creatine with a simple sugar usually dextrose, the dextrose causes your pancreas to release insulin. The insulin then carries the nutrients into the muscle. So what I do is shoot my actrapid, 10 mins later I take in 100g waxy maise, glutamine and creatine. Then 20-30mins later I have a synthpure shake. One to one and half hours later I will take a clean carb and protein meal.

Have to say guys some great post, Could learn a lot from Big Bapper... Thanks for the posts dude

:mad:

Dude,
Its just a freaking question for a post. I know what the freakin search button is for.
You have no experience, so reply to a thread that you have experience with.

Its really lame that you come on here and say use the search button. This board has been up for years! Eveything about gear has been said before.
According to your logic we shouldn't even ask opinions, we should just search the archives!

Lets just close the board and only have a search button!

Again, the thread is not asking how to use insulin.

What are people's opinions who have used insulin?

Any questions on insulin usage I may be able to help I personally know the side effects I use insulin everyday just PM me. ( I am a diabetic)

Have to say guys some great post, Could learn a lot from Big Bapper... Thanks for the posts dude

Thank you for the kind words buddy, I have down played its use a little in this thread. Insulin is the most anabolic drug there is however you need years and years of research to get the results you want. Keep up your research and dont jump in head first and most imporant play safe.

Once again great advice from Big Bapper, thanks bro i'll keep up the research...

Slin

I have used slin just the once. I was off cycle and wanted to see if it was effective in maintaining gains or even making gains during off cycles.

I started at 4iu 3x/wk and worked my way upto 10iu 4x/wk. It definitely increased strength - and within a week too. This isnt due to anything other than having fully swollen glycogen-supercompensated muscles. Similar to one of the reasons DBol is so immediate in increasing strength - the muscle having a larger cross-sectional area from water (glycogen is made of 2 parts water to 1 part glucose) which is directly proportional to the power the muscle is able to exert.

As i mentioned other than the strength, my muscles were very full.. i can see how it would be a great help when depleted and about to show. I believe the protocol is a small amount of slin and carbs to fill out the muscles and get them popping out of the skin. Please dont try that protocol on that basis however! lol

As for permanent gains however, i was left wanting. The size/swoleness and strength all left within a week of dis-continuing the drug.
I believe this was mainly due to the relatively short time i spent on the drug and also that i was not using anabolics at the same time. The last point is a real important one i believe - as it is exactly what insulin needs in order to make permanent gains possible.. the anabolism from the AAS coupled with the more efficient nutrient transportation along with the 100% anti-catabolic properties of slin are all needed.
I believe there is some info somewhere about satellite cells maturing due to slin - but i am not versed on this fact and a search or more advanced users input might give more info on that.

I found that the effort and discipline needed to use slin is very demanding. Zero fats whatsoever as they WILL be stored - fact. I started on 10g/iu of carbs and dropped to 7g/iu slin comfortably... as excess carbs or fats will both be stored as adipose. The carbs as no matter how much slin you use, the muscles can still only hold so much.

I used Humalog, which after a SC injection it gives the first wave at around 15-20mins. For this i would drink a shake of powdered oats, and plenty of whey, a little maltodextrin and HMB, Leucine and of course Creatine.
The next wave and the most powerful at bringing on hypoglycemic symptoms (which cannot be mistaken and you would have to be one dumb fuck to ignore it!) comes at about 1hr after the injection. For this i would have another shake as described above - i did start with a meal for the second feeding, but i found that i would go hypo easily - even while eating, due to the timing and the slowed absorbtion due to fibre etc.. meaning i would need to drink more fast acting carbs on top of the meal - thus meaning i injested more than 15g/iu slin, probably leading to increased fat gain.

I would have a third feeding, of less than the first two at 2 hours post injection - this last wave is mild and does not take much CHO to settle.

As for fat, i did gain a little fat - especially around the lower gut. This is common as slin actually makes the fat cells around the injection site resistant to insulin quickly and easily.
I did trim up this fat relatively easily with the use of Metformin after the slin cycle to restore my Insulin sensitivity and a clean high fibre, low fat and low GI diet.

I would like to add - i am only telling of my limited experience of slin to show how i did it, i am not recommending it to anyone, and i do not consider myself experienced enough to recommend protocol on it either.

JMO!

Brook

Last edited:
For those in canada, I would look into Novolog, as it is slightly faster than Humalog, so it's even better for us bb'ers, and its OTC like all insulin products.

1- If you don't know how slin works (i.e. lowering blood sugar) don't ever use til you fully understand it's mechanism of action

2- you have to be the dumbest person on earth to go into a coma from slin use (kinda like someone driving with a blindfold on... you ahve to be a retard to do that). unless you take 40 iu of humalog, it's very easy to control. if you don't know how it works, you will AND I REPEAT you will fuck up.

3- if you ever want to try slin, start low and build your way up on the dose. ALWAYS KEEP SIMPLE SUGAR WITH YOU. a couple of cans of regular coke in the car will do the trick.

4- go with the 10 grams of SUGAR for each 1 iu of slin when you start off. but usually, that rule isn't true and you don't need that much sugar, but better safe than sorry for your first couple of runs.

5- eating fat while slin is active will not "immediately get stored as fat". I have 3 type 1 diabetic friends, and they are all thin (one of them is an endomorph) and they aren't even training or dieting. slin will make you fat because you take in 600 grams of carbs per day. trying eating the same crap you eat without taking slin, i assure you will get equally as fat.

6- Using GH with slin, you will not need as much sugar to not go hypo. ofcourse, everyone is different, but personally, i can sometimes go for hours without carbs when i shoot GH and slin together. other people might not be the same. BUT I'M ALWAYS PREPARED.

7- first time users should never ever ever use slin pre workout. you don't know how it feels to be hypo. if you go to the gym with your water bottle, and in the middle of training you get hypo for the first time, you will say "will, this is really a tough workout"... you will not know that you are going hypo and you will need sugar ASAP.

8- never ever use humalog pre workout. always humalin-R... never use anything longer acting than humalin-R. basically your 2 option are R or log.

9- If you have fucked up symmetry (i.e. your waist is wide, arms are small, you have a natural gut), using slin will fuck it up even more. Slin promotes visceral fat storage. meaning, your gut and your waist will get bigger, even if you get leaner (with the use of slin). upon discontinuation, the only way i found to get rid of that visceral fat is a low/no carb diet (most studies show that visceral fat is the first to go, but my body says that's totally wrong)

10- I REPEAT, if you have fucked up symmetry, and your waist is 33-34 inches when you're under 10% fat (like myself), you will get bigger with slin, but your physique will become uglier. If you are genetically gifted when it comes to symmetry and shape and you have a 28" waist, go ahead. it'll probably make you look better, but eventually, you will ruin it with abuse.

11- don't use slin. well, atleast not by itself (even with gear... unless you have GH and t3, i wouldn't advise it). if you think 10 iu will turn you into coleman, wake up. talk to big guys in your gym (as in you say "ok, i don't want bullshit, here's $50. now fess up"... atleast that's how it works here) and you will see that slin use is retarded and is not worth the damn hassle. If you use the amounts they use, you will have a 38" waist at 5% fat.

you can throw everything i say in the trash, because it has no scientific basis, and is only from mild experience with myself and clients. hell, you could probably kill yourself if you listen to me. but if you want info on slin, you should pm the master of disaster himself, BIGKIWI!!! :D

That was beautiful.....great post. I instantly thought of people playing the "size game" and ruined their appearance. K*mali, Titus, cutler..etc...other physiques who started out drier, and more v-tapered and chased size and got worse. Im not saying they used or abused slin it just matches up to what buselmo said.

Apidra timing

I have recently obtained some Apidra, it is the fastest acting slin available I believe, peaks in about an hour lasts 2-4. I worked up to 10iuPW. Immediately have 100g carb from Gatorade and creatine. 1hour later have chicken and rice or pasta. Then an hour later have some other protein with oatmeal.
Does this sound fine for this type of slin?

Also any advice on how to time IGF with Apidra?

Thanks in advance

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave