over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insurance paid for my LOVAZA

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Insurance paid for my LOVAZA...$10 for a 3 month supply::D

Never had heard of this before. I see its used to treat people high triglyceride levels. How bad are yours? Curious to see how well the medicine will lower yours. You should keep us posted on results.

Luckily my levels are within normal parameters, even with taking beta blockers. I didnt know it, but when I looked at the info for this drug I read that beta blockers are known to raise triglycerides, wow!

Never had heard of this before. I see its used to treat people high triglyceride levels. How bad are yours? Curious to see how well the medicine will lower yours. You should keep us posted on results.

Luckily my levels are within normal parameters, even with taking beta blockers. I didnt know it, but when I looked at the info for this drug I read that beta blockers are known to raise triglycerides, wow!

There not that bad actually, but I take fish oils. I have to check my last numbers.

My cholesterol is usually low also. My issue is HDL/LDL ratios and high hematocrit.

I figured if I can get my fish oil covered why not.

There not that bad actually, but I take fish oils. I have to check my last numbers.

My cholesterol is usually low also. My issue is HDL/LDL ratios and high hematocrit.

I figured if I can get my fish oil covered why not.

Well, I do see that it will help slow down the clotting process so I suppose that might help avoid that. If I were to take it I would probably have to adjust my coumadin dose.

Looked at my last few labs Below are my rages I 'm usually in:

Cholesterol: 136-140

Cholesterol/ HDL Ratio: 5.5-6.0

RBC: 5.75-6.25

Hematocrit: 50-53

RDW: 15.5-17.5

There's nothing special about Lovaza-or Pharmgrade Thiamine or Niacin unless you get it at a lower cost than the supplements.

Not to discount your post DF, but I have seen threads in the past that people rave about Lovaza scripts some even paying the $1.00 plus a capsule and at 2-4 grams a day a hard training health conscious bb'er will still need another 6-12 grams of supplemental Omega 3's a day.
I am no Polquin advocate of 30-50 grams a day but do believe especially in aging lifters increased of omega 3's and 6's are needed for optimizing inflammatory cardiac damage over time.

I have taken hundreds of Lovaza caps over the last year and dumped the balance of my last bottle and never got the refills again.
Still got the fish oil burps from them and acid reflux-YUCK.
(And yes I refrigerated and even froze some caps and still blaaaaah.
I use Carlson's cod liver and very finest fish oil liquids and get no after taste or acid.

Let us know what the noticeable effects are if you would please.

Last edited:
There's nothing special about Lovaza-or Pharmgrade Thiamine or Niacin unless you get it at a lower cost than the supplements.

Not to discount your post DF, but I have seen threads in the past that people rave about Lovaza scripts some even paying the $1.00 plus a capsule and at 2-4 grams a day a hard training health conscious bb'er will still need another 6-12 grams of supplemental Omega 3's a day.
I am no Polquin advocate of 30-50 grams a day but do believe especially in aging lifters increased of omega 3's and 6's are needed for optimizing inflammatory cardiac damage over time.

I have taken hundreds of Lovaza caps over the last year and dumped the balance of my last bottle and never got the refills again.
I use Carlson's cod liver and very finest fish oil liquids and get no after taste or acid.

The Carlson has the Omega-3 Ethyl Esters just like to Lovaza as well. I see this purely as the Pharm company seeing themselves missing out on some major action $$$$ and jumping on the wagon. Not that its bad but when they say you cannot get Lovaza in a health food store they mean you cannot get a bottle that says Lovaza on the label, you certainly can get what it contains.

Either way ten bucks for three months is pretty sweet!

I here ya.. I did not think they were special just did not have to pay as much or extra fish oil. I still take another few caps of my other fish oil. I take about 6gm day total fish oil.

You using Carlson's for all your fish oil. I have been trying a few brands to see what I like.

Last edited:
Looked at my last few labs Below are my rages I 'm usually in:

Cholesterol: 136-140

Cholesterol/ HDL Ratio: 5.5-6.0

RBC: 5.75-6.25

Hematocrit: 50-53

RDW: 15.5-17.5

Dragonfire, what was your HDL?

Sorry off topic but just curious

Lovaza is indicated for 500+ triglyceride levels. Lovaza can actually raise LDL.

In some patients, LOVAZA increased LDL-C and ALT levels (without a concurrent increase in AST). TG and LDL-C levels should be monitored periodically during therapy with LOVAZA. Patients with hepatic impairment should have ALT and AST levels monitored periodically.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131