over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intensity... right B-Boy!!!

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I remember reading a post by Brad saying that his nose started gushing blood after a set, I believe it was squats. Well, today I'm lifting with the wifey doing legs. She's on one leg press and I'm on the one next to it. I'm pushing myself and feel great, I finish a set and she says, "babe, wtf your head is bleeding!". Apparently I had strained so much that a cyst on the back of my head burst, I had blood all over my shirt! No puss, just blood :eek: How that happened boggles my mind, but at least it's drained now :D

And guys, I've seen a doc about it, it's almost gone so I am being proactive about this. I know it's frickin gross, but shit happens

Well

I remember reading a post by Brad saying that his nose started gushing blood after a set, I believe it was squats. Well, today I'm lifting with the wifey doing legs. She's on one leg press and I'm on the one next to it. I'm pushing myself and feel great, I finish a set and she says, "babe, wtf your head is bleeding!". Apparently I had strained so much that a cyst on the back of my head burst, I had blood all over my shirt! No puss, just blood :eek: How that happened boggles my mind, but at least it's drained now :D

And guys, I've seen a doc about it, it's almost gone so I am being proactive about this. I know it's frickin gross, but shit happens

Leg press is downright dangerous.........it raises your blood pressure 20 points just gripping the handles.....your heart is below your legs.......

Leg press is downright dangerous.........it raises your blood pressure 20 points just gripping the handles.....your heart is below your legs.......

So I take it you don't like leg press. Do you recommend sticking to old fashion squats instead?

Funny you say this. I remember years ago using the Nautilus multi leg ext leg press combo. I did the leg ext followed by leg press. I remember getting an instant headache doing this machine. Not sure if it had anything to do with what you mention, but I knew that this wsn't a good thing. I backed off from using it to total failure and all was fine.

I don't do leg presses either cause I feel as though it raises my blood pressure too high!

I squat, and use other machines but no leg presses.

are we talking the press where you load the sled and push it with your feet, or the press where you load the sled and its sitting on your shoulders? id assume the prior?

yeah heavy presses give me an headache almost right away...I dont really go super heavy on it anymore...but slow and steady...after doing squats

LOL! mine happened doing hammerstrength pulldowns with resistance on the negative portion of the excersise, I strained so hard that my right nostril started gushing blood all over the machine, I could actually feel it before it happended cause i could feel the build up of pressure in my head as i was straining against the resistance. I have really tried to calm things down just a tad here lately, as i don't need anymore injuries, I fucked my shoulder up doing decline presses last monday with 365, i was going to try and get 15 reps and i think i made it to 13 when my shoulder popped and hurt like hell. I was actually able to train chest today with little to no pain at all, but i was very cautious on everything i did.
I would take it easy on the leg press's if i were you, cause nothing will raise your blood pressure like a heavy set of leg press's, i often get very bad headaches when i go super heavy anymore and strain like hell, thank GOD mountaindog has had me doing a lot more volume and reps on leg press's and not so brutally heavy. so BE CAREFUL!

If you can get up immediately after doing a working set of leg presses you are not doing something right.

I almost black out if I try getting up to quick.

That explains why blood sprayed out of my nose last time I did leg press.

yeah heavy presses give me an headache almost right away...I dont really go super heavy on it anymore...but slow and steady...after doing squats

That's exactly what I do too. Or, to control my urge to go heavy, I do single leg presses with the seat all the way back and focus on squeezing the muscle on the way up. When I do them heavy, I only feel dizzy and nauseas, but thank goodness I have not had a nose bleed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131