over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting digestion discovery

Great info…. Good luck brother
Thanks man. Things are actually going pretty good for about the last two weeks. I’ve been acid reflux free and am
Becoming at least somewhat hungry before meals. And the excessive burping seems to be backing off. Have an appointment to see the gi though as I’ve been having difficulty swallowing and will likely need my esophagus stretched

Hey man if it's working for you in the sense that it's sustainable, by all means proceed. Glad to hear it's working! Big fan of Patrick.

To your question, I do high protein (for me: 1.5-2.0g) and low protein (0.8 - 1.0). Don't notice differences in the objective data, dexa, skin folds, weight, etc.

If anything, I feel and look bigger on lower protein because the higher carbs.

Cutting - high protein just because of satiety; massing - lower protein seems to work for me.

Interesting theory, I may test it for a few weeks to see how I react to it.

Essentially if I am currently eating 300 grams protein, 200 grams carb and 50 grams fat

I should transition to 200 grams of protein, 300 grams of carbs and 50 grams fat. Correct?

This is essentially what guys like Chris Aceto have said forever, this is also how Yates and many other bodybuilders eat. Eating 400g of protein when you aren't even a monster doesn't make sense. It seems to me like most people eat protein for the size they want to be, not the size they are. Or they think because they are fairly lean at 230lbs they are "huge" when in fact they would be 200lbs dieted down on stage and not even a heavyweight bodybuilder.

As soon as you kick the protein up too high, you CAN'T eat enough carbs without getting fat, and you are breaking down most of that protein into glucose, creating all sorts of nitrogenous waste and making your body miserable.

Glad you found something that is working well for you.

Interesting theory, I may test it for a few weeks to see how I react to it.

Essentially if I am currently eating 300 grams protein, 200 grams carb and 50 grams fat

I should transition to 200 grams of protein, 300 grams of carbs and 50 grams fat. Correct?
That’s what I did, yes

This is essentially what guys like Chris Aceto have said forever, this is also how Yates and many other bodybuilders eat. Eating 400g of protein when you aren't even a monster doesn't make sense. It seems to me like most people eat protein for the size they want to be, not the size they are. Or they think because they are fairly lean at 230lbs they are "huge" when in fact they would be 200lbs dieted down on stage and not even a heavyweight bodybuilder.

As soon as you kick the protein up too high, you CAN'T eat enough carbs without getting fat, and you are breaking down most of that protein into glucose, creating all sorts of nitrogenous waste and making your body miserable.

Glad you found something that is working well for you.
I’ve always eaten to be the size I want to be since way back when dante was saying it on IM. I always have always done his 2 grams per lb of protein per lb as well. This worked for me to reach my app time largest and didn’t use to be such an issue. But as I’ve gotten older and my ibs has gotten worse it’s just not sustainable anymore.
One thing I will say is the scale isn’t moving up as quickly with the lower protein, but I am leaning out even though overall calories are the same and I am trying to gain. Strength gains are definitely up and I’ve hit a couple pr’s lately that I haven’t used since I was 35 lbs heavier than I am now. So I’m happy about that

If your appetite sucks and you're not hungry, obviously having more carbs and less protein will help. It is not rocket science.

Unfortunately for me, no matter how much protein I have, I always have an appetite.

This. Its always easier to cram down carbs then protein. We can all down 1k calories in carbs quickly, eating 1k in protein in a meal would be tough. Mostly about food volume. if I eat 2k calories and its all protein I will weigh heaver in the AM than if I eat half of that in carbs due to speed of digestion.

I’ve always eaten to be the size I want to be since way back when dante was saying it on IM. I always have always done his 2 grams per lb of protein per lb as well. This worked for me to reach my app time largest and didn’t use to be such an issue. But as I’ve gotten older and my ibs has gotten worse it’s just not sustainable anymore.
One thing I will say is the scale isn’t moving up as quickly with the lower protein, but I am leaning out even though overall calories are the same and I am trying to gain. Strength gains are definitely up and I’ve hit a couple pr’s lately that I haven’t used since I was 35 lbs heavier than I am now. So I’m happy about that
I think calories and even macros matter, but I don't think total protein needs to be crazy high. I never had a problem growing or putting the size I wanted and I've never used high amounts of protein. Increasing protein when at a plateau has never had a positive effect on me. I think 1.3g/lb and maybe up to 1.5g/lb is MORE than enough.

All increasing protein higher than this does is decrease the amount of carbs and fat you can eat. This is the point Chris Aceto really hammered home, eating more protein than you need lowers the amount of carbs you can eat and carbs are anabolic also in their own way.

I think calories and even macros matter, but I don't think total protein needs to be crazy high. I never had a problem growing or putting the size I wanted and I've never used high amounts of protein. Increasing protein when at a plateau has never had a positive effect on me. I think 1.3g/lb and maybe up to 1.5g/lb is MORE than enough.

All increasing protein higher than this does is decrease the amount of carbs and fat you can eat. This is the point Chris Aceto really hammered home, eating more protein than you need lowers the amount of carbs you can eat and carbs are anabolic also in their own way.
This is what I’m finding with my current digestive state. I’m feeling pretty good and actually looking forward to my next meal which is unusual for me

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear