over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting discussion with a couple nurses

if you find yourself in the hospital question every iv bag, pill and injection before they put it into you. the staff will hate you but that's too damn bad. if you are unable to communicate make sure a family member will watch out for you. the number of med errors( some fatal) in the u.s. alone is astronomical!!!!

Some really good advice. I'm going to tell this to some of my family members.

I have heard of way too many mistakes, and it worries me when certain family members of mine have to go in.

This is a good thread overall

I always aspirate, but there have been a couple times that when I would withdraw a large amount of blood would come out, my heart would race, I'd immediately start to sweat, get dizzy, and start coughing / vomitting.... I really thought I was going to die. Now I do the same spot on each bodypart and use ultrasound to prevent scar tissue.

Interesting on the ultrasound. I was thinking of getting deep tissue massage, but no one in my town seems to offer it.

I'll have to look into that ultrasound. I have a bit of scar tissue built up in my bicep after it was partially torn of the tendon.

Is this something you do yourself at home with a personal machine? Or do you go in to a ultrasound therapist? (if there is such an occupation name)

Holy Cow Mal! So sorry that happened man. Here's what makes that worse...
1) Some drugs, like lasix and versed, have a VERY similar label (same color, etc) so mistakes happen from this, BUT, heparin and dopamine DO NOT

2) There is SUPPOSED to be a "double check system" in place any time someone hangs an IV med which is OFTEN not done.

Yeah, well he claimed they looked the same. Maybe it differs my pharm or manufacturer?

They also have the system where they have to scan the bags into the computer before they use them. I guess he had scanned several bags earlier and left extras on the counter in my room. He came in and grabbed that bag thinking it was the heparin. I guess he was trying to save time and make it less of a hastle for himself.

if you find yourself in the hospital question every iv bag, pill and injection before they put it into you. the staff will hate you but that's too damn bad. if you are unable to communicate make sure a family member will watch out for you. the number of med errors( some fatal) in the u.s. alone is astronomical!!!!

That will be me the next time im in ICU, I can tell you that!

A little confused , help please

When its said to aspiratate , you mean pull back the plunger all the way to let air get into the needle for a few seconds , then inject , does this sound correct because it's what I've always done ? With b- 12 injects I pull back all the way , then stick the needle half way into the vial and turn it upside down and b-12 comes out quick , unlike test which I use the same protocol for . Also , does it sound like 23 gauge -1- inch would work with Deca ?

Last edited:
When its said to aspiratate , you mean pull back the plunger all the way to let air get into the needle for a few seconds , then inject , does this sound correct because it's what I've always done ? With b- 12 injects I pull back all the way , then stick the needle half way into the vial and turn it upside down and b-12 comes out quick , unlike test which I use the same protocol for . Also , does it sound like 23 gauge -1- inch would work with Deca ?

Aspirate means pull back the plunger a bit,after you have the needle in your injection site, to see if you hit a blood vessel. You dont want to inject ass into your venus or arterial system. Its not about drawing fron the bottle

Aspirate means pull back the plunger a bit,after you have the needle in your injection site, to see if you hit a blood vessel. You dont want to inject ass into your venus or arterial system. Its not about drawing fron the bottle

Hahaha, you injecting ass these days Michael? Do you inject ass into your ass?

I think I sounded too upset with my post :eek: sorry guys, thanks for the positive feedback though :)

Rex: There is little congruence in nursing b/c it is run by angry, miserable cunts who for the most part would prefer to stab each other in the back and eat their young rather than work together to advance the practice.
I never get over the attitude of some nurses... I find it so interesting. There is also the "ambiance" of where they work that they think they have to be a "certain way" (ER, ICU's, etc.) I always find it kind of funny when I bring a trauma patient from the field to the ER... even if the kid just has a broken leg everyone seems to act like they're on a TV show hahahahaha

As far as wiping with alcohol... I still think it's a very viable practice... I posted a thread a while back with a "black-light" highlight of injection ports and how much bacteria was present varying from 0 second wiping to 15 second wiping. While the port isn't sterile from this, it does remove the bacteria... I'm thinking more along the lines of those with
1) A central line
2) compromised immune system
3) poor nutritional status (which can lead to #2)

D/T these reasons our ID department implemented the "15-second rule" for central line injection ports to prevent Blood Stream Infections (BSI)... so far we've had no BSI's for 9 months (proper site cleaning and occlusive dressing being important too of course).

Always enjoy your stuff :)

Oh- went back and found the link...
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f.../56671-how-clean-injection-site-pictures.html

Thanks bro.

I should have qualified I'm talking about IM & SQ injects. Primarily the studies on outpatients (diabetics, vaccinations) which show it is a useless practice. So for these people's purposes here, its well proven they are wasting their time and money with alcohol swabs. For the instances you mentioned (particularly ports, which no one here has), I would agree its a useful practice.

"Best infection control practices for intradermal, subcutaneous,
and intramuscular needle injections
Yvan Hutin,1 Anja Hauri,2 Linda Chiarello,3 Mary Catlin,4 Barbara Stilwell,2 Tesfamicael Ghebrehiwet,5
Julia Garner,2 & the Members of the Injection Safety Best Practices Development Group"

"Skin preparation of patient before injection. Although
skin that is visibly soiled or dirty must be washed, swabbing the
clean skin of a patient before giving an injection is unnecessary.
Studies suggest that there is no increased risk of infection when
injections were given in the absence of skin preparation
(Table 3) (36, 38, 41–44). Bacteria from the skin flora might be
introduced through skin piercing (41). However, most of these
bacteria are non-pathogenic and the number introduced is
lower than the minimal infectious dose for pus formation (45).
Skin-preparation protocols traditionally used, including wiping
with 70% alcohol, may be insufficient to eliminate the skin
flora because of a limited contact time (43, 46)."

Rex.

Last edited:
Yes! My house is in the process of being sold, and i am moving down to south carolina. I am also going to be applying to schools to get my rn degree. I have a lot of sciences already and hopefully this will give me an edge with the application process. I have been a funeral director/mortician for 14 years now. My brother is a registered nurse, and i should have listened to him before going into the mortuary sciences, but this is what it is.

Upstate SC? If so, I know an easy RN program to get into.

P.S. You're perfectly qualified for the position. If you screw up bad enough, at least YOU'LL know what to do with the remains. Where they gonna find THAT kind of talent???

Lol. I'm sorry for that one, I couldn't resist myself.

Last edited:
We have a winner....

.... too many people see this as just a "job" and do not put their "heart/soul/etc" into it...

^^^^THIS^^^^^^

I know ONE person in the medical field that is truly passionate about caregiving.

If it came down to my life on the line, I'd want it in her hands because of it.

Not to mention that she is absolutely HOT AS F_CKIN FIRE in (and out of ;)) a set of scrubs.

:D

Last edited:
Upstate SC? If so, I know an easy RN program to get into.

P.S. You're perfectly qualified for the position. If you screw up bad enough, at least YOU'LL know what to do with the remains. Where they gonna find THAT kind of talent???

Lol. I'm sorry for that one, I couldn't resist myself.

Hey Terry..I am moving to summerville area..by Charleston. Where is the school you know of?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws