over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting HRT Visit today...

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
After a delay, I finally had my HRT visit today. Doc asked questions, told him openly about past steriod, test, growth use. He ordered blood work. But he also gave me a prescription for 100mg a week of testand scheduled me to come back in five weeks. I did tell him what my level was last September. Interesting part was giving the test b4 seeing results of bloodwork.

Good news, I always wanted to try HRT from a doc. Good for you. I have read your posts about your past health problems and your age. We are very similar in a lot of ways.

Pekkerwood,
How did you go about picking a Dr? Any certain kind of Doc?
Id Like to find someone in my area or atleast in the same state.
Does your health insurance cover it?
Do you pick the test up at the Pharmacy?

Pekkerwood, sounds like it went great. I am suprized he gave you a script without test results first. I did the same on my first visit, I was totally upfront about my past usage and couldn't seem get get back to feeling normal after I stopped. After my bloodwork he started me on HRT right away.

rAJJIN, I don't know about Pekkerwood, but there was a urologist that trained at my gym at the time, and since I knew him, I went there. Since I am over 50 and on HRT, he wants to keep close tabs on the prostate and psa levels. My last psa reading was .8 and it should be between 0-4.... so, so far, so good. My insurance covers everything and I get my script at a local compounding pharmacy.

Last edited:
Pekkerwood,

I picked the urologist because he has helped my two workout partners who are both over fifty with HRT. Both are still overtly obvious "Bodybuilders" one of whom has won two state heavyweight titles so I knew he was not biased against bodybuilders. BTW I am in ATL.

He was not in my insurance network which is bad. My insurance covers 100% with no copay and no prescription copay in network and 70% out of network. I have no idea if they are going to pay. I guess it depends on what my tests show though I am not sure. The price today was $250. I have not gone to the pharmacy yet but my friend said it was over $100 for the 10ml enanthate. Not sure if my insurance will cover it but I will give updates.

I basically told him pretty much the samething Brick is saying, just don't feel the same or up to par without it. No hassles, no judgements.

Pekkerwood

He gave you the script because he knows you have depressed levels already... Fine tuning the replacement dose is what he is going to do now.

He gave you the script because he knows you have depressed levels already... Fine tuning the replacement dose is what he is going to do now.

Anyone know a good HRT doc in Houston?

Mike

Also, I received another cup that I took with me for a "specimen" for judging baseline for fertility. Any idea what he wants in the cup? Am I supposed to fill it? That could be quite a task with no Clomid.

Also, I received another cup that I took with me for a "specimen" for judging baseline for fertility. Any idea what he wants in the cup? Am I supposed to fill it? That could be quite a task with no Clomid.

gee.... how big is the cup? As big as a Starbucks grande? :p

I appreciate you guys and the Info. Im not over 50 yet But am over 30 and been using aas for more then 10 years. Id be happy with 100-200mg per week of test and some HCG and Nolva. I have real good health insurance I pay Out the ass for so Id sure like to be able to use it and it would be a nice feeling to not have to worry about placing orders or traveling to mexico anymore. :star-;ars

i would take 50mg of proviron to help me out

I got HRT at 27. I found my doc by mistake. My HMO picked her automatically for me when I was a new hire. I was off for 6 months and got bloodwork for everything including Testosterone and Growth hormone levels. I wanted to know where I was as far as recovering my HPTA. I tested 220ng/dl when normal was (230-1000ish). She looked over my bloodwork and said I have low test levels and asked how I was feeling. I told her I was lathargic, couldnt get a good erection, etc. so she asked if I wanted HRT. She gives me 200mg week cyp. Also she asked if I needed estrogen control when I went back. It was that easy. I didnt even have to look for a doc. Turns out she is into HRT and is well known for it. I have seen a few other weight lifters in there picking up syringes, etc. How could she deny me anyway? I displayed a medical need. Also she prescribed me Provigil which I am loving.

Went to my regular gp the other week. We usually discuss various aspects of what I do for this sport. I told him it is a shame the medical community is so far behind in these areas. His reply was interesting to say the least. He tells me he just came back form a national (australia) conference of physicians and that the number one topic at this conference was HRT for men and anti-ageing. He said do not be at all surprised if in recent years the medical community and gov't come out of the closet here and start acknowledging real benefits of hrt for men. Growth was on the topic list also and he believes it will only be a matter of time before they down regulate the restrictions for prescribing guidlines with regard to growth hormone therapy. I am lucky I have a really cool doctor. I actually give him advice from time to time!!! How's that for doctor patient rlationship???;) :D

After a delay, I finally had my HRT visit today. Doc asked questions, told him openly about past steriod, test, growth use. He ordered blood work. But he also gave me a prescription for 100mg a week of testand scheduled me to come back in five weeks. I did tell him what my level was last September. Interesting part was giving the test b4 seeing results of bloodwork.

Glad to hear you have a open minded doctor that realizes the benefits for men with TRT

Geez. I have an old-fashioned doctor that won't even prescribe a sleeping pill.

Anyone know a good HRT doc in Houston?

Mike

Good question......Houston PD had the hookup back in the day until a group of them from the Clear Lake substation got found out and outed by the media. The doc was subsequently charged and lost his license.

If you find out let me know as well.

Pekkerwood,

I'm on a test troche by my endocrinologist's, which desolves in your mouth. They have a 20% absorbation rate. I take 100mg ED split into 50mg about 8hrs about. So I'm getting 140mg EW. I pay $3 a month with insurance.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear