over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting in regards to protein.

You are a cop who uses a lot of steroids and works out 3 hours a day?

No lol.... I'm afraid of getting busted even though it's impossible I guess. Just not a public pic kind of guy on a site I talk about aas...

Real cops will not bust you for gear use. It's proven scientifically, and biologically.....maybe even mathematically.

Protein qualty

Chart:

Attachments

• protein quality.jpg
    protein quality.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 405
I may have missed it, but I see no plant protein in this chart - which is kind of what the article was about...hehehe- The article purports to dispel the "source" of protein as a myth also. Ive read so much on protein I feel like I...well..I don't know what I feel like. Mostly retarded.

call me Crazy but I quit eating meat! And stop making protein Sakes And no dairy products. I want to see how my body would feel just with whole based plant diet, Im only a few weeks in to it I must say I Feel Amazing,Str is Crazy and my energy level are nuts

call me Crazy but I quit eating meat! And stop making protein Sakes And no dairy products. I want to see how my body would feel just with whole based plant diet, Im only a few weeks in to it I must say I Feel Amazing,Str is Crazy and my energy level are nuts

This is interesting to me. Do you mind sharing what your diet looks like? What health benefits have you noticed?

I heard you were discussing my article over here. After reading some of the comments, I realized a way to make the Protein Calculator more accurate for bodybuilders. Previously, the calculator figured your ideal weight from your height, and then based the protein levels on that weight. But of course, bodybuilders have extra muscle mass and so they weigh more than non-body-builders of the same height without being overweight. So now you have the option to enter your body fat % into the calculator, and if you're a woman with a body fat % of 22.5 or less, or a man with a body fat % of 15.5% or less, the calculator will use your inputted weight as your ideal weight and base the protein levels from that.

So for bodybuilders, the number of grams of protein has gone up a little. For example, for a 190-lb. male bodybuilder, the old protein levels were 85 to 121 grams (using the standard 1.2-1.7 g/kg of ideal body weight), or 9-13% of calories assuming a "Very Active" diet. The new way, using the full 190-lbs. as the ideal weight, gives protein levels of 104 to 147 grams, or 11-15% of calories. This is still achievable on a vegetarian diet, as common vegetables have more protein than that, even after adjusting for reduced bioavailability.

I heard you were discussing my article over here. After reading some of the comments, I realized a way to make the Protein Calculator more accurate for bodybuilders. Previously, the calculator figured your ideal weight from your height, and then based the protein levels on that weight. But of course, bodybuilders have extra muscle mass and so they weigh more than non-body-builders of the same height without being overweight. So now you have the option to enter your body fat % into the calculator, and if you're a woman with a body fat % of 22.5 or less, or a man with a body fat % of 15.5% or less, the calculator will use your inputted weight as your ideal weight and base the protein levels from that.

So for bodybuilders, the number of grams of protein has gone up a little. For example, for a 190-lb. male bodybuilder, the old protein levels were 85 to 121 grams (using the standard 1.2-1.7 g/kg of ideal body weight), or 9-13% of calories assuming a "Very Active" diet. The new way, using the full 190-lbs. as the ideal weight, gives protein levels of 104 to 147 grams, or 11-15% of calories. This is still achievable on a vegetarian diet, as common vegetables have more protein than that, even after adjusting for reduced bioavailability.

Thank you for the article, I am not ready to go vegan but I am always interested in learning. What would a typical day of eating look like for a bodybuilder who was vegan?

If that is the real guy then it's quite awesome he took the time to verify that.!

What would a typical day of eating look like for a bodybuilder who was vegan?

Well, the point of my article was that you don't have to eat anything special to get the RDA for protein, or even the level recommended for athletes by the American Dietetic Association, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine. You just eat food.

Of course if you're eating a lot of non-protein processed foods (like oil and energy drinks) then your protein consumption will be low.r

If by your question you meant, "What do vegans eat?", then first realize that vegan diets are quite varied. It's like trying to answer the question, "What do humans eat?" But as just some examples, you can see this list of vegan foods and this vegan meal plan on Oprah.com.

And of course, you can ask actual vegan bodybuilders what they eat, at VeganBodyBuilding.com.

People need to understand that diets change from according to life style.

A football player will NOT eat the same thing/amount as a swimmer, or as a bodybuilder, or as a heart attack patient.

Nutrition requirement chance in life style.

For bodybuilding 1-2g/lb of body and there is no need to ever go above 2g/lb of body.

For bodybuilding 1-2g/lb of body and there is no need to ever go above 2g/lb of body.

Google/Pubmed, the official recommendation, even for strength-training athletes, is much lower than that: 1.2 to 1.7 grams per KILOGRAM of body weight, not per pound. That's 0.55 to 0.77 grams per pound. This is referenced in my article. I'm not aware of any peer-reviewed research that has found a benefit for bodybuilders at protein intakes above that level.

Last edited:
tim ferris, who wrote the 4 hour body, added 34 pounds of muscle in one month. he showed body comp and measurements before and after, and there's guys he trained who had similar results. they ate one gram per pound of lean bodyweight. that's all. so how'd they get those results with alot less protein than most people suggest and do it natural as well? cuz they were relatively new trainees? if so, they still did it on way less than their bodyweight in grams.

tim-ferriss-4-hour-body[1].jpg

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner