over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting pattern after Leg Day

witefall

Registered
I'm being trained by one of the trainiers on this board. Been following the training, diet, and supplements he's written out, with only one or two cheat meals a week when I take family out to dinner and I don't go overboard even then. Haven't had to have too much discussion with him after the initial few b/c everything is moving along nicely and he was laid everything out for me in good detail.

I was looking back over my log book for the past few months. I keep a very detailed log daily of not just meals and training, but how I felt that day, how busy work was, anything unusual each day, and I track my vitals and other things I won't get into.

Well, last night I did a complete read thru of the last 3 months looking for trends or anything that jumped out at me. Spot on, EVERY time, the day AFTER I trained quads/hams, I find that my weight increases about 1.5 to 2.5 lbs. Every day after leg day it is like clockwork, and of course my legs are swollen the next day a bit.

I do consume a bit more water on leg day, but it's determined only by thirst and not a planned out things. But I'm usually not as hungry the rest of the day after training legs so don't eat as much, go figure.

Then two days after leg day my weight is about .5 lbs higher than it was the morning of that leg day, before training, and doesn't drop back to that initial weight. Meaning, I'm guaranteed an immediate increase in weight the day after legs and then .5 lbs of it stays.

I don't see this on other muscle groups to the point where it's a spot on consistent thing.

Questions/thoughts. I'm thinking the initial weight gain is water in my legs from the infllammatory response to the squats. So I hold a lot of water after leg training. That would make sense to me IF that is what is going on.

But the consistent .5 lbs that stays? Is that really lean muscle gain? Is that really possible? It can't be .5 lbs of leg muscle only, I don't think?, because my weekly weight gain is at about 1 lbs per week.

Anyone else notice a consistent initial weight gain the day after training legs? And anyone else notice about .5 lbs of the weight stays? This could be like "ABC" to everyone here. IDK. Just noticed this and thought I'd share and ask.

To my trainer

I didn't want to mention your name without you saying it was fine first. Don't know why really, but I'm big on respecting peoples privacy like that. Probably not a big deal, just didn't want to without you being ok with it. Please comment if you want to. :)

I do notice that when my squat weight increases everything else increases also. My weight goes up for the week my food intake is up and my amount of weights I can use on other excercises I do goes up as well on non leg days.

My gains seem to be from alot of the food intake and that when you do legs you work just about your whole body in some way also. Thats interesting though as I havent kept a log like that in years.

The protien here sucks azz so I am stuck tyring to ingest lots of eggs in the morning and at lunch and whatever meat I can pile on my plate. Keep us posted. MM

I noticed my weight goes up too after leg day, I figured it was just lactic acid build up.

I noticed my weight goes up too after leg day, I figured it was just lactic acid build up.

i thought that it was just inflammation and the legs holding water...could be wrong though

do you take measurements? you can see which parts are growing more than others that way.

I notice my weight returns back to normal after my soreness goes away.

do you take measurements? you can see which parts are growing more than others that way.

I don't take measurements. I'm doing compound free weight exercises so I don't think I'd have any excessive growth in a muscle group as it relates to the rest of the body.

I don't think I have accumulated any where near the amount of muscle mass I need yet to do measurements and have them mean anything to me yet. 5'8" 226lbs this morning, 32" waist jeans but getting a big snug.

I think I may take some measurements at Xmas time just for fun to compare them to the week before my show next year. Get an idea of how much water/fat I was carrying vs show time. Thanks.

I notice my weight returns back to normal after my soreness goes away.

Thanks for input.

I wish more people would respond. I'd really like to know if it's common to ONLY legs or if others have the same response to any other muscle groups.

Trying to figure out if it's relative to the intensity with which one trains a muscle group or more so the actual mass or histology of that muscle group.
I just don't see it in my log with any other muscle groups.

I do notice that when my squat weight increases everything else increases also. My weight goes up for the week my food intake is up and my amount of weights I can use on other excercises I do goes up as well on non leg days.

My gains seem to be from alot of the food intake and that when you do legs you work just about your whole body in some way also. Thats interesting though as I havent kept a log like that in years.

The protien here sucks azz so I am stuck tyring to ingest lots of eggs in the morning and at lunch and whatever meat I can pile on my plate. Keep us posted. MM

Thanks a lot for your input. How often are you increasing weight on bar with squats? Are you only seeing increases in strength with the other exercises "after" you've increased strength in squats? Or do you have increases in strength with other exercises at times when squat may be level for a week or two before going up again? Just trying to connect some dots :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131