over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting perspective on the benefits of DECA

I know exactly what you mean. I've gone through the exact same experience with crushing anxiety and depression. Last summer was the worst.

I've spent most of the last 28 years using 400-500mg of testosterone per week, along with other compounds rotated in, with good experiences and very few problems. But to make a complicated long story short, last year at this time I ended up with gyno after using Tren, which got worse after I dropped DHT compounds (Proviron, Masteron), and the gyno got much worse after I tried Trestolone. I dropped everything to just 200mg of Test Cyp per week and tried to fight the gyno with Nolvadex and Raloxifene.

At first, I thought the depression and anxiety I was feeling was because of the SERM's (Nolva and Ralox.) But even after I dropped them and continued on 200mg Test, I felt miserable and anxious and my OCD symptoms went through the roof. For over three months I was horribly depressed and the anxiety was terrible, I was jumping out of my own skin. Finally in August I went back to using 400mg per week of Test, and almost immediately I felt much better, and the gyno did not recur. Went up to 600mg of Test, and I was downright happy, with much less anxiety, and the gyno still didn't come back.

Since then, I have stayed on at least 400mg of Test per week, and while I have other side effects, the depression and anxiety and OCD symptoms have never come back as bad as they did last summer. The only way I felt better was to increase the dose.

I think after a long time at a certain dose, your body and your mind just get used to that level of stimulation, and you don't feel well when you drop the dose. At least for me, that has been the case. Maybe the answer is to keep the dose low, and just get on an anti-depressant and anxiety medication. But when I look at all the negative side effects of the SSRI's and SNRI's and tri-cyclic anti-depressants, I have to think that maybe I am better off just sticking with testosterone.

I wish I had better news for you, but this has been my experience.
Man I'm not going to say its good new because you go through it.but it's great new to know I'm not alone and thought I was going crazy.by thinking it was a problem with test.but I can see it is

odd perspective.

how does one determine effect vs side effect at that point.
In this case, any anabolics effect is to increase muscle mass in muscle waste patients, raise rbc, promote healing ie burn victims. The things ibsaid above are side effects. We like and even look for em but side effects none the less.

I know exactly what you mean. I've gone through the exact same experience with crushing anxiety and depression. Last summer was the worst.

I've spent most of the last 28 years using 400-500mg of testosterone per week, along with other compounds rotated in, with good experiences and very few problems. But to make a complicated long story short, last year at this time I ended up with gyno after using Tren, which got worse after I dropped DHT compounds (Proviron, Masteron), and the gyno got much worse after I tried Trestolone. I dropped everything to just 200mg of Test Cyp per week and tried to fight the gyno with Nolvadex and Raloxifene.

At first, I thought the depression and anxiety I was feeling was because of the SERM's (Nolva and Ralox.) But even after I dropped them and continued on 200mg Test, I felt miserable and anxious and my OCD symptoms went through the roof. For over three months I was horribly depressed and the anxiety was terrible, I was jumping out of my own skin. Finally in August I went back to using 400mg per week of Test, and almost immediately I felt much better, and the gyno did not recur. Went up to 600mg of Test, and I was downright happy, with much less anxiety, and the gyno still didn't come back.

Since then, I have stayed on at least 400mg of Test per week, and while I have other side effects, the depression and anxiety and OCD symptoms have never come back as bad as they did last summer. The only way I felt better was to increase the dose.

I think after a long time at a certain dose, your body and your mind just get used to that level of stimulation, and you don't feel well when you drop the dose. At least for me, that has been the case. Maybe the answer is to keep the dose low, and just get on an anti-depressant and anxiety medication. But when I look at all the negative side effects of the SSRI's and SNRI's and tri-cyclic anti-depressants, I have to think that maybe I am better off just sticking with testosterone.

I wish I had better news for you, but this has been my experience.

Mirtazapine is a good antidepressant that is worth looking into which has almost none of the SRI's (sexual) side effects. (it's even a slight aphrodisicac) Only real side effects are an appetite increase (which can work to your advantage), nightmares and some daytime drowsiness. I've been on 45 mg per day for years now.

But I do have the same experience with Testosterone (or most AAS in general) and mood as you and pimpman have. It's obvious that they affect/boost neurotransmitters.

Wow me too,
I'm old LOL, so I've been trying really hard to be at HRT levels, but I can't stand it! I feel so much better at 375-500mg of test ew. I keep thinking of it as a little vacation where I get to feel good for a short while. Plus way better sex drive. At HRT levels I get really lazy. Rather sit home then do the normal mating rituals LOL. Think I'm just going to stay at 500 for a while, see what happens. Age old question, live longer, or live happier? Just my .02

Mirtazapine is a good antidepressant that is worth looking into which has almost none of the SRI's (sexual) side effects. (it's even a slight aphrodisicac) Only real side effects are an appetite increase (which can work to your advantage), nightmares and some daytime drowsiness. I've been on 45 mg per day for years now.

But I do have the same experience with Testosterone (or most AAS in general) and mood as you and pimpman have. It's obvious that they affect/boost neurotransmitters.
It's the worst feeling in the world when you going through it

Wow me too,
I'm old LOL, so I've been trying really hard to be at HRT levels, but I can't stand it! I feel so much better at 375-500mg of test ew. I keep thinking of it as a little vacation where I get to feel good for a short while. Plus way better sex drive. At HRT levels I get really lazy. Rather sit home then do the normal mating rituals LOL. Think I'm just going to stay at 500 for a while, see what happens. Age old question, live longer, or live happier? Just my .02
I'm old too but I rather live happier. What the point in living longer if you are extremely depressed that not even medication helps

Thanks for the tip. I've read some good things about Mirtazapine, and about Bupropion, and Buspirone for anti-anxiety, especially in the other thread we had a while back on libido. I'm hopeful that some combination of these things may be helpful in treating some of the problems associated with long-term use of anabolics and their effects on neurotransmitters, depression, and anxiety.

It's good to know there are other guys in the same boat, and many of us are fighting the same battles. As said, what's the point of living longer if you can't live happier? I'm the one who has to die when it's my time; until then, let me live how I want to.

It's the worst feeling in the world when you going through it

I know, although I've never had it as bas as you have but it sounds terrible indeed. Might be worth looking into the Mirtazapine. If it doesn't work, at least you tried it.

Thanks for the tip. I've read some good things about Mirtazapine, and about Bupropion, and Buspirone for anti-anxiety, especially in the other thread we had a while back on libido. I'm hopeful that some combination of these things may be helpful in treating some of the problems associated with long-term use of anabolics and their effects on neurotransmitters, depression, and anxiety.

It's good to know there are other guys in the same boat, and many of us are fighting the same battles. As said, what's the point of living longer if you can't live happier? I'm the one who has to die when it's my time; until then, let me live how I want to.

Bupropion can be a great med for depression but it's terrible for anxiety-disorders, be warned :)

Bupropion can be a great med for depression but it's terrible for anxiety-disorders, be warned :)

That's the only bad thing I've heard, people saying it's too much like a stimulant and bad for their anxiety.

As a lifelong bodybuilder, I have a love affair with two things: steroids and stimulants. I used to love taking stimulants like caffeine, ephedrine, yohimbine, modafinil, Adderall, etc because I love the feeling of being up. They definitely alleviate the depression.

But the older I get, and the worse my anxiety gets, the more I have had to cut all the stimulants out, because they cause my anxiety and OCD to get much worse. So it is always a balancing act, trying to be "up" enough to get things done and get a good workout in, while not being too "up" that it aggravates my anxiety and OCD.

That's the only bad thing I've heard, people saying it's too much like a stimulant and bad for their anxiety.

As a lifelong bodybuilder, I have a love affair with two things: steroids and stimulants. I used to love taking stimulants like caffeine, ephedrine, yohimbine, modafinil, Adderall, etc because I love the feeling of being up. They definitely alleviate the depression.

But the older I get, and the worse my anxiety gets, the more I have had to cut all the stimulants out, because they cause my anxiety and OCD to get much worse. So it is always a balancing act, trying to be "up" enough to get things done and get a good workout in, while not being too "up" that it aggravates my anxiety and OCD.

I've found the ADHD-Stimulants to be neutral in regards to anxiety/OCD and they are also great for depression. (but only used off-label for depression so it will be hard getting them prescribed for that purpose alone.)

Bupropion is something else, I don't know why it is the case but it definitely made my anxiety skyrocket and I've heard others say the same thing. It can make you want to crawl out of your own skin so to speak. The only positive Bupropion had for me was that it makes your orgasms much more intense.

I've found the ADHD-Stimulants to be neutral in regards to anxiety/OCD and they are also great for depression. (but only used off-label for depression so it will be hard getting them prescribed for that purpose alone.)

Bupropion is something else, I don't know why it is the case but it definitely made my anxiety skyrocket and I've heard others say the same thing. It can make you want to crawl out of your own skin so to speak. The only positive Bupropion had for me was that it makes your orgasms much more intense.
Shit feeling like this orgasm is the last thing on my mind.lol

I know, although I've never had it as bas as you have but it sounds terrible indeed. Might be worth looking into the Mirtazapine. If it doesn't work, at least you tried it.
Definitely looking into it.thanks for the info. I upped my test dose and seems to be working. I still taking my xanax though

Definitely looking into it.thanks for the info. I upped my test dose and seems to be working. I still taking my xanax though

I can vouch for the fact that upping the test dose works in alleviating the depression and anxiety, although of course taking more test has it's own set of side effects. But those side effects are controllable to a certain degree. As long as you can find a way that works for you to keep your estrogen at a level that works for you, and your hematocrit/hemoglobin and lipids all at a good level, I think that testosterone is fairly benign, as far as treatments go. At least the side effects of test, we know about, because we've taken test for years. How a particular anti-depressant/anti-anxiety med might effect us if we've never taken it before...that remains to be seen.

And of course the benzodiazepines like xanax and valium have their own set of risks and side effects, especially with long-term use. But each individual has to find what works best for them. I take 10mg of Valium at night just to get to sleep myself. It's something I wish I never got started with, but now having used it for years, I know it would be very difficult to stop. Benzodiazepine withdrawal is a very serious thing, and should only be done under a doctor's care.

I can vouch for the fact that upping the test dose works in alleviating the depression and anxiety, although of course taking more test has it's own set of side effects. But those side effects are controllable to a certain degree. As long as you can find a way that works for you to keep your estrogen at a level that works for you, and your hematocrit/hemoglobin and lipids all at a good level, I think that testosterone is fairly benign, as far as treatments go. At least the side effects of test, we know about, because we've taken test for years. How a particular anti-depressant/anti-anxiety med might effect us if we've never taken it before...that remains to be seen.

And of course the benzodiazepines like xanax and valium have their own set of risks and side effects, especially with long-term use. But each individual has to find what works best for them. I take 10mg of Valium at night just to get to sleep myself. It's something I wish I never got started with, but now having used it for years, I know it would be very difficult to stop. Benzodiazepine withdrawal is a very serious thing, and should only be done under a doctor's care.
I agree with everything you said about the meds. Luckily for me when my test is in the 500mg a week I get no anxiety.and I'm fine. I don't take it. Once in a while to get some sleep I might take a piece of it. But it's not for anxiety reasons. Now everytime I get off the bulk straight to trt.boy I get f**k up like this.its got to be the drop in test.lisen to this story

I started messing with aas like when I was 19. And at this time I had no idea what anxiety was none.so every time I get off I didn't know about pct nor it existed. I get super weird feeling like now. I throw up all day every day,no food at all zero appetite. Felt like suicidal type.would get SUPER skinny. And in like 2 weeks it go away I would start feeling normal again. Would start going to gym mess with gear get off boom same shit again.this went on for years. I thought I was going crazy honestly. Then years later I learned about anxiety and panic attacks. So I said oh shit when I get off I get anxiety that's why I get sick like that.

So when it would happen I pull out the xanax and made a big difference BIG.

And at that time the internet is not what it is today so finding info wasn't that easy.

Now that I'm old almost 49 and know everything about anxiety, depression, and meds for them and side effects. I realize it's none of that.it is but it's done because of the sudden drop in testosterone.

So that being said.everyone has their day written down. Some people have to take meds everyday in order to keep things leveled and working so you keep living. Could be for blood pressure for heart or sugar whatever.

So if I have to keep taking test a little high and manoeuvre a few things here and there.oh well let's live

I agree with everything you said about the meds. Luckily for me when my test is in the 500mg a week I get no anxiety.and I'm fine. I don't take it. Once in a while to get some sleep I might take a piece of it. But it's not for anxiety reasons. Now everytime I get off the bulk straight to trt.boy I get f**k up like this.its got to be the drop in test.lisen to this story

I started messing with aas like when I was 19. And at this time I had no idea what anxiety was none.so every time I get off I didn't know about pct nor it existed. I get super weird feeling like now. I throw up all day every day,no food at all zero appetite. Felt like suicidal type.would get SUPER skinny. And in like 2 weeks it go away I would start feeling normal again. Would start going to gym mess with gear get off boom same shit again.this went on for years. I thought I was going crazy honestly. Then years later I learned about anxiety and panic attacks. So I said oh shit when I get off I get anxiety that's why I get sick like that.

So when it would happen I pull out the xanax and made a big difference BIG.

And at that time the internet is not what it is today so finding info wasn't that easy.

Now that I'm old almost 49 and know everything about anxiety, depression, and meds for them and side effects. I realize it's none of that.it is but it's done because of the sudden drop in testosterone.

So that being said.everyone has their day written down. Some people have to take meds everyday in order to keep things leveled and working so you keep living. Could be for blood pressure for heart or sugar whatever.

So if I have to keep taking test a little high and manoeuvre a few things here and there.oh well let's live

I am older than you at 52. But me and you are very similar. I have spent most of my life on a base of test at 400-500mg per week, plus other steroids added in from time to time on top of that.

If I drop to 200mg test per week for my TRT, I have crushing anxiety and depression. When I have to get bloodwork done for TRT, and I drop to 200mg for a few weeks, I am miserable. Then I get the bloodwork done, go back to a higher dose, and very quickly I'm much better.

At 400mg test per week, I have no depression and little anxiety. I use Valium for going to sleep, but I don't need it in my daily life.

At 600mg test per week, I am damn happy and outgoing. I have other problems with libido and erectile dysfunction when my test is that high, but I'm definitely not depressed at all, and have no real anxiety.

For better or worse, test really is my anti-depressant. As I get older, that may not work for me as well, so I know I need to look into other options. But for right now, I am much happier, less anxious, and not depressed at all when I am on high test.

We should actually start a new thread on "Test and Depression and Anxiety" just so we're not cluttering up the Deca thread LOL.

I originally clicked on the thread because I want to see if I can replace some of the Test I'm using with Deca, and see if the results are better or worse. I haven't used Deca since 2007, but it always used to give me good results. Now that I'm 13 years older, I want to see if it will still give me good results, as long as it doesn't give me "Deca Dick" and make my erectile dysfunction worse. I guess the only way to find out is to try.

The only thing I do know, is that for me to feel good, I have to keep the test high. I can't do the 200mg per week without being miserable.

Dang these last two pages have been great reading. Thanks for sharing,i too feel like shit on trt doses. Anxiety, depression gone at about 400 test. Thought it was just me lol.

I am older than you at 52. But me and you are very similar. I have spent most of my life on a base of test at 400-500mg per week, plus other steroids added in from time to time on top of that.

If I drop to 200mg test per week for my TRT, I have crushing anxiety and depression. When I have to get bloodwork done for TRT, and I drop to 200mg for a few weeks, I am miserable. Then I get the bloodwork done, go back to a higher dose, and very quickly I'm much better.

At 400mg test per week, I have no depression and little anxiety. I use Valium for going to sleep, but I don't need it in my daily life.

At 600mg test per week, I am damn happy and outgoing. I have other problems with libido and erectile dysfunction when my test is that high, but I'm definitely not depressed at all, and have no real anxiety.

For better or worse, test really is my anti-depressant. As I get older, that may not work for me as well, so I know I need to look into other options. But for right now, I am much happier, less anxious, and not depressed at all when I am on high test.

We should actually start a new thread on "Test and Depression and Anxiety" just so we're not cluttering up the Deca thread LOL.

I originally clicked on the thread because I want to see if I can replace some of the Test I'm using with Deca, and see if the results are better or worse. I haven't used Deca since 2007, but it always used to give me good results. Now that I'm 13 years older, I want to see if it will still give me good results, as long as it doesn't give me "Deca Dick" and make my erectile dysfunction worse. I guess the only way to find out is to try.

The only thing I do know, is that for me to feel good, I have to keep the test high. I can't do the 200mg per week without being miserable.
Lol you and I are pretty alike. I was also thinking man we fluting this guys thread with this.but as far as medicine we are almost identical. And yes me too I add other compounds once in a while.but only usually deca about 400mg lately its been npp and love it .the constant shots gets old for me.maybe because I'm old and done it so much when younger lol that now I'm like. that constant shots if for the younger guys :)

Not much else I can add but deca. Because tren forget that my age plus the anxiety no way. Eq worse,primo not for me been there done that. I dont like morals because I always feel like shit.so never touch them.and when I say once in ah let's add dbol I don't make it more than 2 week and I'm nope lol. Var,proviron and all those kill my good cholesterol. Like it grounds it so nope.

So basically test little deca and once in a while I'll add mast

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity