over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intermittent fasting and PRE wo?

aflo

Registered
Those that follow IF do u guys use pre workout supplement like Hyde, mesomorph ???

If Im fasting and working out in the morning I drink water and Black coffee only. If my work out is in the afternoon then I will fast up until taking my Pre wo which breaks the fast. Thats how I do it anyway.

using a PWO would break your fast ,

maybe try using BCAAs or black coffe for energy.

Rhonda Patrick said in her interview with Rogan that even black coffee breaks a fast so if you're being strict, nothing but water. I've been going nothing but water and it's definitely tough, by the end of the workout I'm dragging. I'm hoping my body adjusts in time. Just depends how strict you want to be, lots of people have great results using coffee or even a pwo.

Wow! I've been dabbling withIF and had great results but I have been using pre workout energy drinks just to push through my am workout! Hmm maybe I could just use black coffee from now on?

I do IF off and on.

I only have water, agmatine, and a caffeine pill before fasted training. BCAAs can be used but seems like the research was split on if that would technically break the fast (last time I checked anyway, which was 3 years ago or so).

For F__ks sake!! Just drink your pre workout if you want to then workout on an empty stomach!! STOP OVER THINKING EVERY LITTLE THING!

I do IF off and on.

I only have water, agmatine, and a caffeine pill before fasted training. BCAAs can be used but seems like the research was split on if that would technically break the fast (last time I checked anyway, which was 3 years ago or so).

Thats essentially just like drinking a preworkout drink.

Rhonda Patrick said in her interview with Rogan that even black coffee breaks a fast so if you're being strict, nothing but water. I've been going nothing but water and it's definitely tough, by the end of the workout I'm dragging. I'm hoping my body adjusts in time. Just depends how strict you want to be, lots of people have great results using coffee or even a pwo.

If some one is training especially without taking in any fuel they should get more tired as the workout goes on that is when dedication kicks in.

If some one is training especially without taking in any fuel they should get more tired as the workout goes on that is when dedication kicks in.

well that makes me feel better... I always hear these guys talking on here and other forums and they act like with fasted training they feel some sort of euphoria/clarity and increased energy, they power thru with no issues while i am just gutting it out to finish.

well that makes me feel better... I always hear these guys talking on here and other forums and they act like with fasted training they feel some sort of euphoria/clarity and increased energy, they power thru with no issues while i am just gutting it out to finish.
My longest workout will go maybe 1.5 hours.....but I have plenty left in the tank as my last meal is around 8:00pm, and I lift at 4:00 am.

I really don't do IF anymore, but that was still the way my window was setup.

I think it's great for dieting as you can save all those calories for later to have bigger meals for more saiety....but eventually settled upon the fact that with myself, it all fell back to calories in vs. calories out no matter when I ate. As long as I hit my macros at the end of the day, I consistently got leaner whether I was eating 2 times a day...or 6 times.

With bulking my body likes any extra calories I add in around my workout.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

My longest workout will go maybe 1.5 hours.....but I have plenty left in the tank as my last meal is around 8:00pm, and I lift at 4:00 am.

I really don't do IF anymore, but that was still the way my window was setup.

I think it's great for dieting as you can save all those calories for later to have bigger meals for more saiety....but eventually settled upon the fact that with myself, it all fell back to calories in vs. calories out no matter when I ate. As long as I hit my macros at the end of the day, I consistently got leaner whether I was eating 2 times a day...or 6 times.

With bulking my body likes any extra calories I add in around my workout.

That may be part of my problem, the timing, my last meal goes about 9 pm and I workout at noon so my fast is going around 16 hours near the end of my workout, then I eat around 2 when I'm done working out and get to some food. I may have to change around the window so I'm working out earlier in the fast if my body doesn't adjust but I like the idea of eating post workout, when my body utilizes those carbs best. Something to play with tho.

I am leaning out, that's the goal at the moment, the calorie deficit isn't helping the energy level any either im sure. I've been good about hitting my macros without IF in the past but I do find that for whatever reason my body is responding much better in regards to shedding bodyfat with IF vs non IF despite using similar macros so for the time being I'll keep this going. I don't know how practical this would be with bulking but RP says it does seem to aid muscle building so it may be worth the experiment.

That may be part of my problem, the timing, my last meal goes about 9 pm and I workout at noon so my fast is going around 16 hours near the end of my workout, then I eat around 2 when I'm done working out and get to some food. I may have to change around the window so I'm working out earlier in the fast if my body doesn't adjust but I like the idea of eating post workout, when my body utilizes those carbs best. Something to play with tho.

I am leaning out, that's the goal at the moment, the calorie deficit isn't helping the energy level any either im sure. I've been good about hitting my macros without IF in the past but I do find that for whatever reason my body is responding much better in regards to shedding bodyfat with IF vs non IF despite using similar macros so for the time being I'll keep this going. I don't know how practical this would be with bulking but RP says it does seem to aid muscle building so it may be worth the experiment.
I would try that just as you said. If you can get it tuned to the point where your last meal will fuel your next fasted workout, I think you would notice a nice difference. It usually does pretty good if your workouts are an hour or less. Once you get into some of these marathon workouts you read about....pretty much all bets are off as you are going to have to eat something Preworkout or chance running into that "wall".

Anubus what you were doing is EXACTLY what I did, last meal would be around 8-9pm then train at noon the next day, I was fat adapted so I felt great plenty of fuel to push through the workout, so that may have been the difference in why I felt great and you felt shitty, the only thing that I had to worry about wad making sure I had enough sodium in me or i would feel crappy.

Anything taken while fasting that has some type of calorie in it. U have broken your fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rice maltodextrin and EAA...from beginning to end.
So fat this has been amazing for me.

use to fast but that just caused pain and weakness

Fasting might not be for you but at least you gave it a shot. I like eating that way and eat all my calories after my workout In about two hours and it works well for me. Also I do construction/demo all day and feel fine fasted others may not. If you can't get it to work out I wouldn't torture yourself.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear