over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intermittent Fasting?=+muscle+ fat loss

amen4847

Newbies
I want to know what you guys think of this intermittent fasting. you basically fast for a 24 hour period once a week ( dinner to dinner they recommend) others do it different as well. Ive read that it raises your normal GH out put by 6xs, can make insulin sensitivity higher, lower your BP and lower your LDL cholesterol levels as well as other benefits How many of you guys do it and what are your opinions on it? Should you do it for bulking or cutting as well? What about during your pre contest dieting? The main concern for most of us is will we lose muscle during this day? Heres an article from the American journal of clinical nutrition **broken link removed**

I do 16 hours fasted 8 feeding; seems to be working great. Much easier to eat 3 big meals than 6-8 small meals.

also I believe the more muscle thing is more relative compared to the regular sedentary population. While it still has its place, the story is different for elite athletes.

I know a few people who follow the Paleo style of eating and they do this type of fasting... Most do 16 fasting 8 hours eating (3 large meals)

I've been doing 16hrs off 8hrs on for several months now. The results I've been experiencing have been great.

While I'll be the first to admit the diet may not be the most conducive fit to most people as dieting is essentially a life style choice. It just works for me, I've had a reduction in both weight and body fat. In addition to that I've not had any loss in my strength so to speak.

If you go to Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health there is some pretty sound science backing this form of dieting up. I would suggest reading into it more and I'm sure you'll be pretty impressed with what you find.

I'm sure there are other members of the board who can speak to both it's advantages and disadvantages so I'll yield to them on that note. But from a personal stand point I was recommended to it by another person who has been doing it for over a year now and I can't be any happier.

-Huge

As per what the original poster was talking about of skipping a whole 24 hour period that is quite close to what Brad Pilon talks about in his book Eat Stop Eat. It is a very interesting book and he as well has some good science to back it up listing all of his sources and studies.

As UltraHuge says, I'll leave it up to some of the more experienced and knowledgeable members to get into this further but I figured the book should be noted.

I havent been to the forums in awhile and what a great thread to stumble across.. :)

I know many do fasting periods and its proven to be excellent for insulin sensitivity and also longevity as well as a host of health benefits.

I have actually considered it.. Off course there are many ways u can do this fast based on your lifestyle and your goals. My folks go once a week without meat and eat fresh fruits, nuts, vegetables..

I fast, but not consistently like with IF.

It's crazy how energetic I feel going into the 15 hour mark.

Water only of course-makes me laugh when I hear "juice fast" or similar things.

I doubt the efficacy of it for gaining mass..but definitely great for your health.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131