over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intermittent fasting

hevi-head

Registered
Newbies
Are many of you guys doing it now? I did a search and the threads that popped up were fairly old. I think im gonna give it a shot just for a change up and the fact that I’m just not getting the same results as I age as I was just a couple years ago (53 now).
I’ve been doing PSMF the past week as im going to Ft Myers Beach for a bit and trying to lean out as much as possible and have been moving my first meal later and later. I’ve always ate immediately in the morning or right after fasted cardio and I really have felt pretty decent all the way up to lunch time so im pretty sure I could wait until pre workouts for my first meal.
Some guys really seem to love it and it seems like a good fit for me as well being able to eat more in one sitting. I tend to struggle with hunger post workout and until bedtime.
That last little bit I want to lose is getting tougher and tougher. This pic was last night.
698C9666-785F-4B0D-AE71-3F58F1703892.jpeg

There's nothing magic about it, I think the biggest benefit for most is just making people cognizant of how much they really eat during the day. For those who may already know nutrition, it has the benefit of well...doing the same shit. It simplifies things, for sure, and can do a great job controlling hunger, even if it's not keto. Especially works for grazers. Plus, I fuckin love to eat! So when I eat, I eat! I still track, and if nothing, make adjustments. It can definitely work and I'm utilizing it now to drop some body fat, but it still boils down to better hunger and calorie control...not that you need to be reminded, but some do...

This year I went back to skipping breakfast the last 2-3 weeks of dieting and I'm still still continuing it in my rebound. I'd done it in years passed and it seemed to help me get a little leaner and sure enough it got me to my all-time leanest this year. Morning routine was wake up, GH / T3 / clen / water, cardio, then coffee until lunch.

iF is great tool to stay lean, bulking? Can be problematic, maintaining or cutting? Best thing since sliced bread.

My bulking days are over. I definitely eat more in the wintertime but come spring when I diet I’m pretty close to the same. Maybe a couple of solid pounds if I’m lucky.

There's nothing magic about it, I think the biggest benefit for most is just making people cognizant of how much they really eat during the day. For those who may already know nutrition, it has the benefit of well...doing the same shit. It simplifies things, for sure, and can do a great job controlling hunger, even if it's not keto. Especially works for grazers. Plus, I fuckin love to eat! So when I eat, I eat! I still track, and if nothing, make adjustments. It can definitely work and I'm utilizing it now to drop some body fat, but it still boils down to better hunger and calorie control...not that you need to be reminded, but some do...
Yep that’s me. I can eat six small meals a day and still be starving. Like you when I eat I want to EAT lol.

I fast for 5 days once a season. After day two it is easy, my hunger goes away. I could go longer easy but I don’t see the point.

I pretty much do just to see if I can. Never really bought into the ‘health benefit thing.

If i remember right people were being physically active during the fasted state to get the full benefit. And many seem to be avoiding that when doing their own version. As i am getting older i have been dropping out meals as time goes by, to try to stay lean. It is not as easy as it was when i was a kid in my 30's or 40's. I am down to 4 a day, as opposed to the 6+ i ate for over 30 years. But eat a little more protein every meal. Giving the gut a break seems to aid in digesting food as opposed to just always being processing food all day long.

I used to intermittently fast and really enjoyed it at the time. With my current work I have not done it for some time. There are health benefits for sure. Even mental health benefits like mentioned above. I do believe there is something to longer fasts as well for healing the body. Like alfresco stated it becomes easy after the first two days and then its just boring as you cannot eat and I really enjoy eating.

Been doing it most days for many years. It just fits my schedule. I’m very routine oriented and IF is perfect for me. However when I first started doing it I had the major advantage of appetite suppression from kratom to help me not eat all day and just work. Now my stomach is trained and it’s easier without appetite suppression but it’s great for overall health IMO.

but perhaps my favorite part is that the 1-2 meals I eat each day are absolutely loaded. I get to crush it at mealtime.

I always laugh at the new age referral of intermittent fasting… Guess that just lets me know I’m getting old. I always referred to it as just skipping a meal. Plain and simple.

When I hear fasting I think abt certain religions, and how they don’t eat all day until night time. Or just simply not eating for a day or two.

Guess I gotta get with the times!

Cage

I fast for 5 days once a season. After day two it is easy, my hunger goes away. I could go longer easy but I don’t see the point.

I pretty much do just to see if I can. Never really bought into the ‘health benefit thing.
I've read some about it and the autophagy that occurs while you fast. Supposedly, the inferior cells get eaten or absorbed or killed (sorry but I don't have a great understanding of the mechanism that occurs . . . IF one really does). I've not seen much on this, so perhaps it's bunk. I do a very poor version of IF and fast from 10P to 10A but I have two cups of coffee in the morning with ~35 cals of creamer so I'm probably doing it wrong :D

like others said, has its benefits but nothing magical.

imo a grown ass man, wants to eat 4,5k plus calories a day. some people have a bird appetite or take meds which ruin their desire to eat, but I bet most of us like to eat, its pleasurable.

so say you only want to eat 2.5k, 3, 3.5k, rather than be miserable eating small meals that are a tease, shorten the feeding window you can at least feel well fed at the end of the day.

I usually eat my first meal at 4pm pre workout, then again post, then squeeze in 2 more before bed. coffee and keep busy at work during the day.

I've read some about it and the autophagy that occurs while you fast. Supposedly, the inferior cells get eaten or absorbed or killed (sorry but I don't have a great understanding of the mechanism that occurs . . . IF one really does). I've not seen much on this, so perhaps it's bunk. I do a very poor version of IF and fast from 10P to 10A but I have two cups of coffee in the morning with ~35 cals of creamer so I'm probably doing it wrong :D
Cool.

Guess I am much like you daily.

I eat dinner at about 5pm and don’t eat again ‘till breakfast (if you can call it that) usually around 10 - 11am the next day. And I can train most people into the ground 🙂 when I get to the gym at 7am.

Today was an exception. Just got home from dinner at a vegan restaurant (my wife is vegan) and now I am eating a slice of chocolate cream pie while I type this. Life is good.

I always laugh at the new age referral of intermittent fasting… Guess that just lets me know I’m getting old. I always referred to it as just skipping a meal. Plain and simple.

When I hear fasting I think abt certain religions, and how they don’t eat all day until night time. Or just simply not eating for a day or two.

Guess I gotta get with the times!

Cage
Hmmm yeah I don’t think not eating from 8:00 PM to 3:00 PM the next day would be considered “skipping a meal” lol.
Especially when eating every 3 hours is pretty common even “pushed” in the bodybuilding world.

I do a 22-2/23-1 intermittent fasting routine. I’m fasted 22-23 hours a day and break my fast immediately post workout with a bowl of oats and protein and then a grilled chicken salad … I then hop back into my fast. So during that fasted window i do 1.5-2 hours of slow steady state cardio as well as a ~1.5 hour weight session. I usually aim for 120g protein, 250g carbs, 75g fats.

I have a rare kidney disease and can’t safely handle more protein than that, unfortunately. The fasting with this diet seems to be the best way to both keep my kidneys happy (they seem to like the reprieve between my short daily meal window), as well as keep my physique at a level I am content (5’11 223lbs 8-9%BF).

I love food and never get full so this diet sucks ass but when I eat more my kidneys get fucked and my quality of life worsens … so it is worth the trade off

like others said, has its benefits but nothing magical.

imo a grown ass man, wants to eat 4,5k plus calories a day. some people have a bird appetite or take meds which ruin their desire to eat, but I bet most of us like to eat, its pleasurable.

so say you only want to eat 2.5k, 3, 3.5k, rather than be miserable eating small meals that are a tease, shorten the feeding window you can at least feel well fed at the end of the day.

I usually eat my first meal at 4pm pre workout, then again post, then squeeze in 2 more before bed. coffee and keep busy at work during the day.
I don’t know about magical but some say it’s the best thing they’ve ever done food/diet wise.

I don’t know about magical but some say it’s the best thing they’ve ever done food/diet wise.
Imo people who benefit the most are those who enjoy eating. Large meals 1k plus calories. 3000 calories in 6 meals is 500 per, that's a little snack lol. Divide that in 3 meals atleast you feel like you ate something each feeding

This year I went back to skipping breakfast the last 2-3 weeks of dieting and I'm still still continuing it in my rebound. I'd done it in years passed and it seemed to help me get a little leaner and sure enough it got me to my all-time leanest this year. Morning routine was wake up, GH / T3 / clen / water, cardio, then coffee until lunch.
This has worked for me as well. Wake up about 3:30 then GH, T3, Clen, water and coffee all the way till about 11ish then small clean meals the rest of the day. Leaned out in about 6-8 weeks from 16% BF to 8% BF and then held it at 9-10% for most of the summer. Was on Tren, Test, Mast at the time. I know the Tren played a big role in this as well.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131