over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Internet Security

B

babyface4life

Anyone know of a good one that is not heavy on resourses ? I reformatted the computer last night and installed the trial version of Avast internet security and so far the computer is running a little slow when it should be fast after a reinstall. Maybe a seperate anti- virus and firewall would be better. I know kaspersky was way to heavy on resourses , especially when I had nero .

I would also like to comment about a pop-up from Avast regarding my music and video files I uploaded on the computer looked at as being possible " Hueristic " and to send them to the Avast lab for research. Does it sound like when you upload files back onto a computer from a data disc you can put a virus right back up on the computer?

Last edited:
I would also like to comment about a pop-up from Avast regarding my music and video files I uploaded on the computer looked at as being possible " Hueristic " and to send them to the Avast lab for research. Does it sound like when you upload files back onto a computer from a data disc you can put a virus right back up on the computer? When I ran a full scan nothing was found.

I'm assuming you're using some version of Windows? I'd recommend the following Security precautions:

1. Install operating system (OS) and software updates! Updates fix security problems with your operating system and software programs.
  2. Install anti-virus. I'd personally use AVG Freeware.
  3. Consider running anti-spyware, such as Ad-Aware.
  4. Turn on your computer's firewall. Enable the native firewall on Windows (depending on version), or install a third party firewall like Zone Alarm. Home router might also provide firewall like protection depending on how it's configured.
  5. Use a secure web browser. If you haven't already, I'd install Firefox or Chrome as your browser. If you go with Firefox, install the NoScript plugin.
  6. Use complex passwords and keep them secret (obvious).
  7. Protect your passwords. Store your passwords in a software password safe, like 1password.
  8. Send sensitive emails securely. Use PGP to encrypt email (assuming your recipient also has PGP)
  9. Remember physical security. Don't leave laptops laying around.
  10. Lock your computer screen. This helps prevent others from accessing your computer when you're not around.
  11. Protect what's yours. Don't use shared logins on your computer and consider installing an application like truecrypt to encrypt and protect sensitive documents on your computer.
  12. Safe emailing.Don't open attachments in email that you weren't expecting.
  13. Be cautious when using the Internet.Be careful of the links you click on while surfing ... and be extremely cautious of what you download. AV will help with some of this, as well as the NoScript plugin in Firefox...as well as Chrome.
  14. Backups! Be sure to backup important files.
  15. Anonymous surfing. Use a free proxy to surf anonymously online, like hidemyass com.
Have fun...

Thanks for the advice, I have to find out more about "1 password and how that can help me since that's my main concern when checking my bank account and money in my 401K from work online . I used zone alarm and too heavy on resources which is why I'm trying out avast and my computer still a little slow even after reformatting the hard drive . I have been deleting my cookies everyday and run a program called Auslogics registry cleaner that finds hundreds of problems in the registry . I use internet explorer even though a lot of people think firefox is better especially for preventing viruses .

Anyone know of a good one that is not heavy on resourses ? I reformatted the computer last night and installed the trial version of Avast internet security and so far the computer is running a little slow when it should be fast after a reinstall. Maybe a seperate anti- virus and firewall would be better. I know kaspersky was way to heavy on resourses , especially when I had nero .

Comodo is my favorite, and its totally free...

Comodo Antivirus and Comodo Firewall are a MUST on any PC i run.

Comodo is my favorite, and its totally free...

Comodo Antivirus and Comodo Firewall are a MUST on any PC i run.

I didn't know comodo came out with an anti-virus... I have used the firewall before and as of now I use PC Tools free firewall and the trial version of Avast PRO virus .

Comodo sucks imho, spend the few $ and get Eset NOD32 or even better the Eset security suite. Just get a one year licence and ESET email people near to the renewal and offer it will good discounts.
It will sit in the background taking up hardly any resources until theres a problem then BLAM, the problem will be sorted before any harm is done.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws