advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interpreting Blood Work - Am I ready to start up my next cycle?

GreenEarth

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi everyone,

Just had some bloodwork done yesterday, got the results emailed to me. My primary concern was the creatinine and BUN, since both of them are elevated and that could be an indicator of kidney stress. HOWEVER, I work out often, mainly with training to failure (took a week off before getting bloods) and I eat at least a pound and a half of meat (usually beef) every day, so I understand that both of those will usually show higher levels of creatinine and BUN. The numbers aren't insanely high, just higher than the range they give:

fp6y6e.jpg

Then here are my results for test/estro...estro is higher than I'd like, but still within the "normal" range. Test will only be at 100mg/wk for this cycle and I'm hoping I won't have to run an AI (have one on hand just in case):

2my9t3a.jpg

Comment/suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Missing some things. Based on what you've provided us, I'd say you are good to go. Make sure you use an ample dose of exemestane.

Just saw what you wrote about the anti-e. You should add it even at 100mg of test, because whatever else you are running will have some level of aromatization and you are already on the high side.

Missing some things. Based on what you've provided us, I'd say you are good to go. Make sure you use an ample dose of exemestane.

Just saw what you wrote about the anti-e. You should add it even at 100mg of test, because whatever else you are running will have some level of aromatization and you are already on the high side.

Definitely disagree. His E2 is high because his T is high, those numbers are perfectly normal and in proportion. Over use of AIs is one of the biggest mistakes being made today. And if he did use an AI, there is no reason to assume he would need an "ample" dose.

To the OP. Your creatinine is high even for someone with a LOT of muscle mass. However that is not the main concern. My doctor never worries about my creatinine, what he likes is BUN/Creatinine ratio, this being high is definitely not good.

Why are you massively overeating protein? Are you also massively over training? This would make Myoglobin clogging up your kidneys as likely. Drink more water, get your protein in line, and retest. It may save your kidneys.

Also, looks like something is stimulating LH to me, especially because of the low FSH. Natty test that high above 20 years old is VERY rare, especially after a cycle.

Last edited:
how long have you been off?

how long have you been off?
My last cycle ended in August, and was only 500mg of Test-E weekly for 12 weeks. PCT was almost done by September, so I suppose I've been off of test for about 5 months and off of any stronger hormone-affecting compounds (PCT was clomid) for 4 months.

Definitely disagree. His E2 is high because his T is high, those numbers are perfectly normal and in proportion. Over use of AIs is one of the biggest mistakes being made today. And if he did use an AI, there is no reason to assume he would need an "ample" dose.

To the OP. Your creatinine is high even for someone with a LOT of muscle mass. However that is not the main concern. My doctor never worries about my creatinine, what he likes is BUN/Creatinine ratio, this being high is definitely not good.

Why are you massively overeating protein? Are you also massively over training? This would make Myoglobin clogging up your kidneys as likely. Drink more water, get your protein in line, and retest. It may save your kidneys.

Also, looks like something is stimulating LH to me, especially because of the low FSH. Natty test that high above 20 years old is VERY rare, especially after a cycle.
Thank you for your input. I'm going to address each comment:

1. As I said, I will be keeping a pharm-grade AI on-hand, as I would always do in any cycle that could cause aromitization. I agree about the over-use of AI, especially since it can affect your gains, joints, and sex drive.

2. My protein consumption is typically 250g a day. Within that is 1lb of 93% lean beef, 8oz of chicken breast, and at most 2 scoops of whey. I like to base most of my protein consumption on food rather than powder. Although beef can get a bit pricey lol. Would you say that 250g a day is extreme? I'm 6' 190lbs around 11-12%bf.

3. I am not massively overtraining. 3 times a week (MWF), but I have been using DC for a while, so usually every training day completely exhausts the body parts worked since it is training to failure. Would you suggest switching to a higher-rep workout schematic and seeing if that affects my kidney values?

4. I've been slacking on my water-drinking, I'll get back to at least a gallon a day immediately.

5. LH...hmm. As I said, my last injection of test was about 5 months ago, and I've been off all drugs for about 4 months. For reference, I'm 23 years old, but I believe you're suggesting that even for 23 my test is high. I WAS taking HCG while on my last cycle, which stimulates LH, but once again, I stopped that before PCT, so my last shot was likely 4 1/2 months ago.

Once again, thank you for the input, if you have any other musings or suggestions they would be appreciated.

My last cycle ended in August, and was only 500mg of Test-E weekly for 12 weeks. PCT was almost done by September, so I suppose I've been off of test for about 5 months and off of any stronger hormone-affecting compounds (PCT was clomid) for 4 months.

Stronger?

1. As I said, I will be keeping a pharm-grade AI on-hand, as I would always do in any cycle that could cause aromitization. I agree about the over-use of AI, especially since it can affect your gains, joints, and sex drive.

You probably should use an AI on anything but true HRT test levels (100mg/week) however you should also use the lowest possible amount of AI.

2. My protein consumption is typically 250g a day. Within that is 1lb of 93% lean beef, 8oz of chicken breast, and at most 2 scoops of whey. I like to base most of my protein consumption on food rather than powder. Although beef can get a bit pricey lol. Would you say that 250g a day is extreme? I'm 6' 190lbs around 11-12%bf.

Well its not so much about how much protein you are getting, but rather what your other macros are, but I wouldn't say you are eating enough to have a BUN that high. If you were not very dehydrated at the time of your bloodwork, I would be a bit concerned.

3. I am not massively overtraining. 3 times a week (MWF), but I have been using DC for a while, so usually every training day completely exhausts the body parts worked since it is training to failure. Would you suggest switching to a higher-rep workout schematic and seeing if that affects my kidney values?

Very doubtful you are overtraining badly unless you are doing high volume combined with going to failure on all sets, I would forget about this for now.

5. LH...hmm. As I said, my last injection of test was about 5 months ago, and I've been off all drugs for about 4 months. For reference, I'm 23 years old, but I believe you're suggesting that even for 23 my test is high. I WAS taking HCG while on my last cycle, which stimulates LH, but once again, I stopped that before PCT, so my last shot was likely 4 1/2 months ago.

I think the answer here lies in the "weaker" hormone effecting area. :)

Don't panic, remember that false kidney flags are the number one thing bodybuilders deal with on bloodwork. That being said, sort those values out and retest. Makes sure no more than 30%-40% of your total calories are protein. Make sure you are drinking enough water consistantly (water consumption the day of the test doesn't clear BUN, water consumption for days or weeks before the test is what clears BUN.

The primary function of the kidneys is to clear nitrogenous waste from the body, it does this by turning ammonia into uric acid and then urea. The fact that blood values for urea are high means the kidneys aren't clearing it fast enough, either because you are producing too much, or because your kidneys are compromised to some extent. Nitrogenous waste is a byproduct of gluconeogenisis (protein->carbs).

Last edited:
Thank you Kaladryn...you are far wiser than myself. Will make adjustments, as well as adding in a few basic supps (cranberry extract being one of them) for kidney health. Thank you.

UPDATE
Decided I wanted to test once more before starting use, especially since I missed Cholesterol/Lipids. Also got a second reading for kidney, after changing up a few things (dropped protein intake down some, started drinking water religiously, started supplementing with cranberry again), and I was happy to see that only after a week of doing those things my BUN:Creatinine ratio was within normal ranges, despite the kidney values still being elevated.

2jfg19u.jpg

for some reason i cant see your test results. what are the numbers for your bun and creatinine, and what is the ranges? mine were high on my last bloodwork also

UPDATE
Decided I wanted to test once more before starting use, especially since I missed Cholesterol/Lipids. Also got a second reading for kidney, after changing up a few things (dropped protein intake down some, started drinking water religiously, started supplementing with cranberry again), and I was happy to see that only after a week of doing those things my BUN:Creatinine ratio was within normal ranges, despite the kidney values still being elevated.

2jfg19u.jpg

Lipids look great. I don't know what to tell you about that creatinine and BUN. It is normal for creatinine to be high for bodybuilders, but that is a little too high IMO. I would do a 24hour creatinine clearance test.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear