over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interpreting creatinine clearance

URODA

Registered
Newbies
Howdy people would anybody please help me read my lab work properly because I am unaware whether the results are to make me worry or happy

I have been having increasing blood creatinine for months now and even in quarantine and not training it got up from 151 to 171. I may be dehydrated because my potassium and sodium intake have likely tanked not that I am on a rather untracked intake. I have chosen to go for the 24 hour urinalysis and my results are:

Protein 0.090g/24h reference range 0.150g/24h
Creatinine 19.36mmol/24h reference range by my lab 7.10 to 13.20mmol/24h

Now here is the thing after changing the value from mmol to mg the results are:
2190mg/24h and the range that I managed to find online would be now 1040 to 2350mg/24h or be in normal range

After entering each number in the creatinine clearance calculator the results are:
311.63ml/min

How do I go about my interpretation of the result above now?

Have to change the number on blood creatinine from 151 to 171 to 1.51 to 1.71 unable to edit now.

This is a tough one. As it seems you are processing a lot of creatinine through your urine at fast rate which is good. But the elevated blood creatinine which is bad. I am not sure what to make of this. Have you booked an appt with a doctor or nephro?

Appreciate your reply bro I have looked into an appointment but wanted to eventually postpone until after the quarantine here to avoid going around too many potentially ill people. I have a track record of my creatinine going back to 2017 and it had been randomly going around 1.5 and 1.6, lowest being mid 2020 meaning that it hadn't been progressing up until that point but never got all the way up to 1.7 but my thoughts on the matter are protein breakdown due to not working out potentially resulting in a higher creatinine reading maybe? I know rhabdo (extreme protein breakdown) may work that way and thought it may apply to milder protein breakdown anyway... I have read multiple reports by training people and medical that would not look into the creatinine number if you are muscular and even found one lab in the USA that would have a reference range for trained athletes going all the way up to 1.6 and higher if you are muscular. I am going to a nephro once things go back to normal but until then wanted to have opinion on would a high creatinine clearance imply high (healthy) GFR

Yea this is certainly an odd case. How big are you? And fuck the lockdown go see a doctor lol.

Additionally it looks like very little protein in your urine which is great. What other tests have you done?

I am 6 tall anywhere between 220 and 230 lb now, haven't weighed myself in a month I do that in the gym only. A month ago my BF would be ~10% and I have extremely thin joints and waist people usually estimate me around 240 even when 220 (to put mass into perspective). I may have gone to a doctor already but wanted to do all tests I know of beforehand because it is extremely hard to find one that is knowledgeable enough to evaluate a trained athlete properly here. I had been tested and diagnosed to potentially have IBS years ago and part of the testing is a liver panel. All my training years I have had AST/ALT in the 90 to 100 range on gear or not. After taking a week break they would be in the 20 to 30 range but it got the point of being impossible to explain to a medical professional and had 2 liver ultrasounds and a hepatitis panel, then both all okay. Anyway point being I have read plenty of stories of people (including here on ProM) taking years and a number of doctor appointments to only turn paranoid due to creatinine for no reason hence why my attempt at getting a better understanding through an online forum either way I am going to go to a nephro if only for the ultrasound if I need. I have multiple blood panel throughout the year, cholesterol, bg, triglyceride, BUN (normal range majority of the time, mildly elevated now another likely pointer to protein breakdown to my understanding), Cystatin C once (1.08 either mildly elevated or normal depending on lab reference range but from reading that would also be dependant on the inflamation level in the body). I think would be everything.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear