over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interview with Mike Quinn

c) Im from Massachusetts....Mike Quinn was also....I have hung out a lil and been out to eat with him after a seminar he did in Mass. Im just going to say the following....I left kind of dissapointed in who he was as an individual back then because right during the lunch an individual came up and asked him if he wanted to do some blow and he nodded his head.....(definitely isnt my scene) right in front of myself and the group....and there were some other tidbits that were somewhat dissapointing....as it relays to some of his complaints about pro's in the above article vs who he was and what he was saying at that time. Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was a bad day or he wasnt himself due to the drugs (coke) and say maybe he is now a better individual. Bodybuilder wise he was thick as all hell upperbody wise.

Dante, do you really think it's necessary to bring out something so terribly ugly about this guy? I kinda feel bad for the guy. He sounds like hes trying to make a go of it again. Like you said, I hope he is a better person now.
He was an icon of the "old iron sport days". Man it literally hurt reading about him being a peice of garbage.:( Not saying it's not true. Just saying "YIKES"

You having your period concreteguy?

He even used "kind of disappointed" and "somewhat disappointing", hardly a vicious attack :love:

No, I checked my panties

He even used "kind of disappointed" and "somewhat disappointing", hardly a vicious attack :love:

I'll just swallow the rest of my anti e's and go back to crying

Mike certainly had his demons, but I think he was a good guy and tried to get better, to the best of his ability. A lot of people don't know it as they think of Harvard and MIT, but MA has some tough areas and it's easy to get caught up in bad things and hard to get out. We lost Paul DeMayo to those very same demons Mike struggled with.

As a bodybuilder though, I really liked his look and his attitude about training. As he told me once, "intensity breeds intensity". I kept those words in mind for months after I trained with him.

I like some of the stuff he says and some of it I think is idiotic. :D

As far as the "I was insane but I wasn't stupid" regarding drugs, Mike, in his own words got jaundice doing so much shit during his comeback at the NOC (placed 3rd). And IMO someone doing drugs like coke isn't likely to think steroids will harm them and be ultra conservative.

He is right about bodybuilding being purely narcissistic behavior, which is why, even with all the admissions of their faults and bad decisions they still have to lie a little regarding the bodybuilding drugs - since they feel it would diminish their bodybuilding "achievements" if they disclosed all.

And Darrem Charles competing clean as a pro for several years? :D

Last edited:
well.. mike is being a bit inconsistent about gear use.. years ago he did a interview i think in musclemag where he said he used 600 mgs of test and 400 deca and some dbol tabs as his typical cycle.. so now he is saying that deca was his base? oh well..lol

Mike certainly had his demons, but I think he was a good guy and tried to get better, to the best of his ability. A lot of people don't know it as they think of Harvard and MIT, but MA has some tough areas and it's easy to get caught up in bad things and hard to get out. We lost Paul DeMayo to those very same demons Mike struggled with.

As a bodybuilder though, I really liked his look and his attitude about training. As he told me once, "intensity breeds intensity". I kept those words in mind for months after I trained with him.

But do you honestly feel he would make a personal trainer ? He mentioned a lot of people think He's crazy when honestly I think a lot of people who followed his past would think he would come across as rude and impatient , and to be a personal trainer you have to know how to treat people with respect and he does not sound like that kind of individual .

Dante, do you really think it's necessary to bring out something so terribly ugly about this guy? I kinda feel bad for the guy. He sounds like hes trying to make a go of it again. Like you said, I hope he is a better person now.
He was an icon of the "old iron sport days". Man it literally hurt reading about him being a peice of garbage.:( Not saying it's not true. Just saying "YIKES"

Besides the coke thing (what was dissapointing is during the seminar he talked about all the family addictions, drug problems he and his family had gone thru and how he had beaten the drugs....and then one hour later....)..............I thought I was pretty vague about everything else. I dont think I ripped him to shreds.

Question for Hawkmoon.....what ever happened to Demayo's younger brother who was built similiar to Paul and competed? I always found it peculiar how younger brother bodybuilders would come out of the same mold of shape/physique yet slightly smaller....same case with Jeff King and then his brother Todd King who had awesome legs and roundabout Jeff's shape albeit smaller. Also Hawkmoon, do you remember a guy named Chuck Re? Author Prince?

Besides the coke thing (what was dissapointing is during the seminar he talked about all the family addictions, drug problems he and his family had gone thru and how he had beaten the drugs....and then one hour later....)..............I thought I was pretty vague about everything else. I dont think I ripped him to shreds.

No you didn't rip him to shreds. Just goes to show how rose coated I had him. I had no fucking idea he was the last guy in town I would want to know. Ya know, ya see these guys in the mags and there all fucking heroes. Then you hear something like this from an undeniable straight shooter(you) and................well I wonder how many more pure peices of garbage are in the mags being "heroes".

Question for Hawkmoon.....what ever happened to Demayo's younger brother who was built similiar to Paul and competed? I always found it peculiar how younger brother bodybuilders would come out of the same mold of shape/physique yet slightly smaller....same case with Jeff King and then his brother Todd King who had awesome legs and roundabout Jeff's shape albeit smaller. Also Hawkmoon, do you remember a guy named Chuck Re? Author Prince?

Don quit the scene after doing the 1989 New Englands, where I competed against him. Paul was a guest judge at that show and thought I had his brother beat. Helluva complement. Dropping out of bodybuilding was a smart choice I think. I never talked to him much after the show, bumped into him now and then in Everett Gold's....but I heard he was going to school for business or law...long time ago - I forget. I think he lives in Stow now???

Chuck - yes used to bump into him at Aristide's Universe gym a lot. Arthur Prince (the Prince and King (Jeff) of bodybuilding, remember those days???) was a cool guy. I think he was most proud of his Mustang with the HUGE woofer back those days ;-)
Good guy Arthur...wonder where he is these days???

Last edited:
thats a pretty old interview.

I dont want to bash Quinn cause he was a great bodybuilder and fun to watch, but he is nuts to say some of the stuff he talks about. Coleman being clean turning pro?
He never took test?
He benched 220lb the 1st time he ever got under a bench?
I hate all this bs " oh I never tookmuch stuff" "I was so strong the day I started"
It seems as guys get older they start to do the fish story. "Back in my day the fish i caught was 80lbs". In ten years that same story will be "Back in my day the fish i caught was 200lb"

Oh well, he was still a gifted BB

its pretty common knowledge ronnie coleman was natural when he got his pro card, that is not some sort of revalation

I also believe Ronnie Coleman was natural when he got his pro card. Ive come to know too much information 4 ways around the block to believe otherwise now.

a) he goes to the nationals and places 5th in his class and they offer anyone in the heavyweights the chance to go to the team universe if they are willing to pass all the drug tests....#1 thru #4 say no way (why risk getting caught and made to look like crap publically) but ronnie is more than glad to do it (and passes)...why? Because he was clean.

b) Ronnie gets his pro card at 218-222 if i remember right. He much later (after he gets on the gas) competes at 303 pounds at the Hungarian Grand Prix onstage. So for those of you who say "hell no he wasnt natural when he got his pro card......." ...... he weighed 80 pounds more onstage many years later!!!! What....was he running fake stuff at the Team Universe to weigh 80 pounds less? Anybody in this forum ever use steroids and then somehow magically later on gain 80 pounds out of nowhere by continuing to use steroids? Doesnt happen. Eighty pounds happens when you are clean and then get on juice/gh for many years with extreme genetics. I have no problem at all believing that if Layne Norton can weigh 204 pounds ripped at 5'11 natural that a black guy with some of the best genetics on this planet can weigh 220 natural ripped at 5'11".....and probably would have gotten close to 230 ripped many years later if he continued being natural. We are talking about genetics that come along once in a lifetime here.....not Frankie average down at 24 hour Fitness. (I also feel this is the reason Kai Greene used to weigh 206 to 211 his first couple pro shows and magically now competes at 255 to 270.) When you gain 50-80 pounds in the pro ranks (which virtually nobody does even remotely)....its kind of not too hard to figure out the deal. On the other hand Cutler gets his pro card at 248-252 and here we are what...14-15 years later and he is going in shows at 255-270.....thats the whole (getting on vs been on the entire time equation right there)

I used to workout at the original Metroflex back in '97-99 and I had a good conversation with Brian (the owner) about Ronnie's claim that he was "natural" (even the mags during that time all said he was natural). He told me that Ronnie was natural, got his pro-card as a natural bber, and it wasn't until he won the Canadain Pro-cup show(or some similar name) in '96 (I believe) that he started "using" (not sure if he prepped for that show natural or not). It was right after that win that he got his Met-Rx contract. Amazing that he was able to win the Mr O within a couple of years after first using gear!!! Can you imagine how many Mr O titles he would have won had he been "using" all along?!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity