over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interview with Mountaindog1

Mountain dog, why did you have to get your large intestine removed? There are a number of causes for colitis that I know of. It wasn't the mountain dog diet, was it? Brock Lesnar comes to mind.

JM views changed my whole family diet. it still a bit of a struggle with the kids but I can tell the difference in everyone health.

thank you mountaindog.

I dont know John personally but it obvious that he is a REAL people's person. CONGRATS John!!!

looking goooooood

Mountain dog, why did you have to get your large intestine removed? There are a number of causes for colitis that I know of. It wasn't the mountain dog diet, was it? Brock Lesnar comes to mind.

yea that was it, that is why I teach my principles so we can all be colon-less..

Good questions guys (well almost all of them).

I had a vascular disease in my large intestine. It is called idiopathic myointimal hyperplasia of the messenteric veins. The Mayo clinic had something like 9 cases on file of it.

I DID NOT have colitus. I knew I didn't. I kept arguing with my gastro that I did not. Long story short, it was proven by biopsy I did not and that I had the vascular disease I mentioned above. It was specific to the sigmoid part of my colon, but since they could not detect what I had with the myriad of tests they did (one diagnosis was that I was simply constipated), it took my laying on the floor in the hospital bleeding to death before they took action...

I did have an ileostomy for 4 months, and continued to train with it, albeit MUCH more carefully, and actually was in really good shape.

I got it reversed and now my small intestine connects directly to my rectum.

So what is it like now...well I have a very short transit time when I eat, so I need to know where bathrooms are all the time. I can eat what I want..unlike those who suffer from colitus...

the biggest challenge is I get dehydrated very easily if I dont pay attention to water. Your large intestine absorbs water from your stool, and salt, to hydrate you. My small intestine is doing some of this now...but not 100%.

I do feel great now, but it has been a long journey!

oh and one more thing. Coming minutes from death, caused me to reexamine my dietary principles which eventually led to the creation of the mountain dog diet... This is when I started trying to take my nutritional knowledge up a notch. Almost dying will do that to you I suppose..lol..

John is a great person and he's changed my views on nutrition forever.. He is passionate about what he does and works very hard to become successful and help anyone in need..

John
When they removed your colon they did not make a j pouch or anything similiar from your small intestine?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

JM/MountainDog himself is a credit to himself and everyone that loves the sport of bb. He's an all around great guy. I would do anything for the man, and I tell him that all the time. It's a honor to know him, and I can't wait for him to jump back on stage next year!!!

JM/MountainDog, you've taught me so much about myself, about life and about bodybuilding.

As always I'm indebited to you always.

Thanks for reminding me there are good people out there!

MD is the "MAN"

He changed my outlook on nutrition a couple years ago and haven't looked back... bigger, leaner and healthier than ever.

John, I'm still pounding down the liver buddy and my girl still hate's me for it :p

Hope all is well my friend!

John
When they removed your colon they did not make a j pouch or anything similiar from your small intestine?

I did not get a J pouch..I thought for sure I would get one..but the doc said he didn't do one...

he did say he threw these things in free of charge (he was actually quite funny)

- I will never get appendicitus (appendix is part of large intestine..gone)
- I will never get constipated again...actually i was really excited about this..lol

John thanks for all your replies. You really are an inspiration...

Good questions guys (well almost all of them).

I had a vascular disease in my large intestine. It is called idiopathic myointimal hyperplasia of the messenteric veins. The Mayo clinic had something like 9 cases on file of it.

I DID NOT have colitus. I knew I didn't. I kept arguing with my gastro that I did not. Long story short, it was proven by biopsy I did not and that I had the vascular disease I mentioned above. It was specific to the sigmoid part of my colon, but since they could not detect what I had with the myriad of tests they did (one diagnosis was that I was simply constipated), it took my laying on the floor in the hospital bleeding to death before they took action...

I did have an ileostomy for 4 months, and continued to train with it, albeit MUCH more carefully, and actually was in really good shape.

I got it reversed and now my small intestine connects directly to my rectum.

So what is it like now...well I have a very short transit time when I eat, so I need to know where bathrooms are all the time. I can eat what I want..unlike those who suffer from colitus...

the biggest challenge is I get dehydrated very easily if I dont pay attention to water. Your large intestine absorbs water from your stool, and salt, to hydrate you. My small intestine is doing some of this now...but not 100%.

I do feel great now, but it has been a long journey!

Hey john I have ulcerative colitis and have one hell of a time gaining weight I do take asacol to keep it under control but I was wondering for a few words of advice on gaining weight with colitis I know you didnt have it but it sounds like you understand what it is

family man, successful business owner, accomplished bodybuilder and mentor.....I hope to be that well rounded one day!

I've been curious about what John's cycles look like. He's seem so concerned with overall health, I would just be surprised to see him taking what most others are taking on his level. I know it takes hard work, dedication, blah blah blah but you know what I mean. I always get the impression he's done a lot with very little....

thank you for being here John

Hey john I have ulcerative colitis and have one hell of a time gaining weight I do take asacol to keep it under control but I was wondering for a few words of advice on gaining weight with colitis I know you didnt have it but it sounds like you understand what it is

Yea - I know quite a bit about it..very unpredictable and no magic formulas. Doctors can't figure it out. I have guys I work with that have Crohn's also...

I am headed to bed right now, but I'll post some things up tomorrow I have done with people in that boat...

JM

family man, successful business owner, accomplished bodybuilder and mentor.....I hope to be that well rounded one day!

I've been curious about what John's cycles look like. He's seem so concerned with overall health, I would just be surprised to see him taking what most others are taking on his level. I know it takes hard work, dedication, blah blah blah but you know what I mean. I always get the impression he's done a lot with very little....

thank you for being here John

haha - no since talking about it cause nobody would believe it - that's all I'm gonna say about that..

haha - no since talking about it cause nobody would believe it - that's all I'm gonna say about that..

Actually as meticulous as you are about diet and your vast knowledge of otc supplements on how , why and when to use them, I would believe it.You are a cerebral bodybuilder, but thats not the popular or easiest way so it would fall on deaf ears or be dismissed.:(

Last edited:
you come across few people in this game that you truly think "he is a good guy and deserves good things".. i have been in this internet "mod game" for over a dozen years.. seen many come and go.. and john is one of the guys that i look forward to seeing post.. he inspired me to take my workouts a bit more serious (even at my old age lol) and to rethink the diet a bit more.. plus he is truly a honest guy and more knowledgeable than he gives himself credit for.. honored to have him here.. next year he will get a pro card along with b-boy ...........yeah i said it!!!!:cool:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131