over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interview with Mountaindog1

Yea - I know quite a bit about it..very unpredictable and no magic formulas. Doctors can't figure it out. I have guys I work with that have Crohn's also...

I am headed to bed right now, but I'll post some things up tomorrow I have done with people in that boat...

JM

Thanks look forward to seeing your post

One word that always come to mind when I see mountaindog...

Complete class... ok I changed it to 2 :D

I have never personally met John, but he seems to be a very honest guy. He goes out of his way to answer PM's.

Hey john I have ulcerative colitis and have one hell of a time gaining weight I do take asacol to keep it under control but I was wondering for a few words of advice on gaining weight with colitis I know you didnt have it but it sounds like you understand what it is

OK, some thoughts on colitus....

whether it be colitus or crohns, I always look at what the root cause probably is, and that's intestinal permeability. That is just a fancy way of saying that bad things are able to pass through weakened cell membranes..you have toxic stuff entering your blood stream because the intestinal lining is damaged. This causes havoc. I have always believed the best way to fight this is by restoring gut integrity.

So you help the good bacteria by taking some good pre and probiotics. You eat more fermented and "live" foods that are loaded with enzymes to help with digestion. You take supplements to fight free radicals because they are running wild and tearing up your intestinal lining..such as NAC, ALA, CoQ10, glutamine, and vit c.

You must also control stress..stress trigger responses that also do damage. Stress is a killer. Learn to relax and not take yourself and life so seriously.

Food wise, they say meat is a no no, but I have my guys with crohns eating grass fed beef and it digests awesome. One guy recently had a checkup and was told he was symptom free for the first time in 20 years. he eats loads of grass fed beef. You do have to be really careful though with what you eat...and anything that causes discomfort stay away from. Raw nuts are good (they still have the lipase in them to help digest the fat), but don't overdo it. Veggies are great..but don't overdue. Be really careful about the kind of protein powder you use.

Hope this helps some,

best regards,
JM

OK, some thoughts on colitus....

whether it be colitus or crohns, I always look at what the root cause probably is, and that's intestinal permeability. That is just a fancy way of saying that bad things are able to pass through weakened cell membranes..you have toxic stuff entering your blood stream because the intestinal lining is damaged. This causes havoc. I have always believed the best way to fight this is by restoring gut integrity.

So you help the good bacteria by taking some good pre and probiotics. You eat more fermented and "live" foods that are loaded with enzymes to help with digestion. You take supplements to fight free radicals because they are running wild and tearing up your intestinal lining..such as NAC, ALA, CoQ10, glutamine, and vit c.

You must also control stress..stress trigger responses that also do damage. Stress is a killer. Learn to relax and not take yourself and life so seriously.

Food wise, they say meat is a no no, but I have my guys with crohns eating grass fed beef and it digests awesome. One guy recently had a checkup and was told he was symptom free for the first time in 20 years. he eats loads of grass fed beef. You do have to be really careful though with what you eat...and anything that causes discomfort stay away from. Raw nuts are good (they still have the lipase in them to help digest the fat), but don't overdo it. Veggies are great..but don't overdue. Be really careful about the kind of protein powder you use.

Hope this helps some,

best regards,
JM

Thanks for the reply I am 32 and had colitis since is was 15 so its been awhile, I have finally learned what foods to stay away from, I will see how the first of year goes and maybe sign up on one of your programs thanks

I'm a chiro and I'm always passing on the mountaindog diet principles to my patients. In fact my, mum knows, my dad knows, my gf knows, everyone I come into contact with knows!!!!

Thank you massively to Mr Meadows for opening up my eyes and improving my quality of life and hopefully those that I tell.

Priceless!!!!

John Meadows

I read his post on his site anout what he had to go through. After reading that and watching some of his training videos I have a ton of respect for him. Old school hardcore He posted on another site what he actually ate @ the NA which blew my mind Gave a new meaning to SHITLOADING LMAO any way great guy

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws