over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intra workout carbs and post workout cardio

cgp10

Registered
I'm sure it been discussed. I just can't find a thread.

If you are taking carbs in during workout does that effect the results of post work out cardio?

If you had to do cardio post workout would you skip the intra workout carbs?

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion no, but you are taking in carbs during your work out to build muscle and help replenish nutrients. If your diet is correct, you don't need cardio to burn fat anyway. Its good for heart health, but you don't really need it to burn fat if your working out hard with a good diet. i know guys who are sub 10% body fat that do zero cardio. So the more muscle you have the more your body will naturally burn fat. But back on topic, your muscles are using your carbs to help shuttle protein and nutrients as well as replenish your glycogen so i personally don't believe it as anything to do with post workout cardio.

Do 15 to 20min HIT so you raise metabolism...Which will have a longer effect than steady state cardio.

For fat loss(and choosing to do intra workout nutrition) do cardio away from workouts. This also could help maintain more muscle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

As was already said here, I barely do cardio until show prep. Even then i still consume Vitargo during my workout. I prefer cardio before lifting due to my experience when doing cardio aftery workout which burned more muscle then it did fat.

Thanks for the responses! I have started doing longer, more intense and more frequent weight training sessions. In the vain of what kscoboy says....I may see where just doing that and no cardio takes me.
If I don't like what I'm seeing I'd probably then add in some HIT.

Like anything else...I guess it will be trial and error.

Thanks again.

Hard intense training should get your heart rate up and over what cardio does.

Do 15 to 20min HIT so you raise metabolism...Which will have a longer effect than steady state cardio.

For fat loss(and choosing to do intra workout nutrition) do cardio away from workouts. This also could help maintain more muscle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Best advise here. HIIT is proven to burn fat even if carbs are present....and your metabolism is raised for hours afterward.

Best advise here. HIIT is proven to burn fat even if carbs are present....and your metabolism is raised for hours afterward.

Im not arguing with you on this, but HIIT has also been shown to burn muscle when performed after a hard weight training session. It also taxes your CNS more than slower type cardio which prevents recovery and causes over training. HIIT uses glycogen which has already been depleted during your workout. I do agree that HIIT is a great fat burner but unfortunately it CAN also break down your muscle tissue that you are working so hard to build.

I prefer AM fasted steady state cardio. 20 minutes, jacked up incline (the treadmills at my gym go up to 30% incline which is basically holding on for dear life or you fall off) at a "power walk" pace.

I burn about 400 calories in 20 minutes and the high incline has my calves looking pumped as fuck afterwards.

HIIT would be a terrible idea post-workout.

Agreed. Morning cardio then refuel all day for lifting later in the day. It sucks going to the gym twice in a day sometimes but the results are great. besides when your body is geared towards an aerobic workout then you switch it anerobic i feel it confuses the body too much.

one or the other.

I prefer AM fasted steady state cardio. 20 minutes, jacked up incline (the treadmills at my gym go up to 30% incline which is basically holding on for dear life or you fall off) at a "power walk" pace.

I burn about 400 calories in 20 minutes and the high incline has my calves looking pumped as fuck afterwards.

HIIT would be a terrible idea post-workout.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws