over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

intresting protein read

wow thats some interesting info there. guys read this

I think it holds some merit.

I don't think it is absolutely on par to be used by a 300# guy. Or even a 225 pound guy. The study was done on failrly lightweight individuals.

Layne Norton is actually specializing in protein and amino acid research, is both a successful bodybuilder (natural) and coach himself, so I would definitely listen to what he has to say.

Scaling the data in the table by 1.4-1.5 would give you the protein portion for a 230-250lbs guy, so about 50-60g of protein per meal which sounds perfectly reasonable. Multiple studies are confirming what he says about the refractory response to amino acids, i.e. you don't want continous and stable levels, you want separate pulses. Many systems in the body work exactly the same, just go read DatBtrue's thread on GHRH/GHRP in the GH/IGF-1 forum.

Last edited:
He is well reconized....

Layne Norton is actually specializing in protein and amino acid research, is both a successful bodybuilder (natural) and coach himself, so I would definitely listen to what he has to say.

but the study was conducted on the largest individual being 165 pounds. This also does not bring into play any other forms of "suplements". If this really works for larger individuals than it will save me a bundle on my grocery bill. LOL! :D

Layne definitely knows his stuff and is one to take anything he says to heart. Very interesting read.

Interesting read. Even if his name wasn't on it I would know it came from Layne. He has been saying these things on boards for quite awhile now.

bump! for a good read.

Phosphorylation si very important, if you able to increse or mantain continous phophorylation with added growth factors, you wolud be able to maintain continous hormone activated steroid production also.

I think this is a summary with the interview I posted a while back, good read!

curious as to what Phil thinks of this as he suggests LBA's between meals which would keep AA's up

and what if one was to use regular meals but to have a fast absorbing protein like whey every other meal to give a quick burst of AA's

THOUGHTS

I THINK MY CLIENTS WILL TELL YOU THAT I RECOMMEND TO EAT ONLY WHEN HUNGRY......I THINK LOW BLOOD SUGAR IS TELLING YOU THAT IT IS READY TO START THE "CYCLE" AGAIN......NOT THE CLOCK. THE BODY WOULD BE PRIMED TO PROLONG THE DURATION OF PROTEIN SYNTHESIS. WHEN I PROMOTE MEAL.........LBA......MEAL.....LBA.ETC, THERE MAY BE 2-4 HOURS BETWEEN MEAL AND LBA USE. THIS, COMBINED WITH HIGH ( HIGHER) PROTEIN INTAKE EACH SITTING WOULD BE IDEAL FOR SUCH AN ENVIORNMENT. THIS ALL CAME ABOUT BY TRIAL AND ERROR......OBSERVATION IS THE BEST SCIENCE. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS HOW WE AS HUMANS SHOULD BE EATING AND NOT WATCHING THE CLOCK TO TELL US HOW TO REACT BUT NOTHING NEW BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY IT WORKED FOR ME AND MY CLIENTS..........PEOPLE JUST COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO EAT WHEN HUNGRY WHEN I FIRST PROPOSED IT.....POOR SOULS, HAHAHAHAHAHHHA

I THINK MY CLIENTS WILL TELL YOU THAT I RECOMMEND TO EAT ONLY WHEN HUNGRY......I THINK LOW BLOOD SUGAR IS TELLING YOU THAT IT IS READY TO START THE "CYCLE" AGAIN......NOT THE CLOCK. THE BODY WOULD BE PRIMED TO PROLONG THE DURATION OF PROTEIN SYNTHESIS. WHEN I PROMOTE MEAL.........LBA......MEAL.....LBA.ETC, THERE MAY BE 2-4 HOURS BETWEEN MEAL AND LBA USE. THIS, COMBINED WITH HIGH ( HIGHER) PROTEIN INTAKE EACH SITTING WOULD BE IDEAL FOR SUCH AN ENVIORNMENT. THIS ALL CAME ABOUT BY TRIAL AND ERROR......OBSERVATION IS THE BEST SCIENCE. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS HOW WE AS HUMANS SHOULD BE EATING AND NOT WATCHING THE CLOCK TO TELL US HOW TO REACT BUT NOTHING NEW BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY IT WORKED FOR ME AND MY CLIENTS..........PEOPLE JUST COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO EAT WHEN HUNGRY WHEN I FIRST PROPOSED IT.....POOR SOULS, HAHAHAHAHAHHHA

as i read the article Phil's protocol immediately came to mind as he dictates not stuffing down food when one is not hungry, the time frame spoken of in the article is much more in sinc with the normal hunger signals from the body.

Thanks Phil, I was curious about what u thought not only because of ur Meal...LBA...Meal...LBA proposal but also in I believe the "eat when hungry" thread u said if u had it ur way u would have ur clinets consume like 10 meals a day...u would make them hungry with exercise and whatnot and while that may still fit in with ur idea to eat only when hungry it doesn't seem to allow for the refractory period to take place

Just curious on ur thoughts

Thanks

True but......

Thanks Phil, I was curious about what u thought not only because of ur Meal...LBA...Meal...LBA proposal but also in I believe the "eat when hungry" thread u said if u had it ur way u would have ur clinets consume like 10 meals a day...u would make them hungry with exercise and whatnot and while that may still fit in with ur idea to eat only when hungry it doesn't seem to allow for the refractory period to take place

Just curious on ur thoughts

Thanks

You must look at what drives the refractory period.......I think you would be mistaken if you think it is the hour and minute hands.

You must look at what drives the refractory period.......I think you would be mistaken if you think it is the hour and minute hands.

It is the metabolisim that drives the refractory period. Ding ding ding! Big red truck. LOL!

Exactly!

It is the metabolisim that drives the refractory period. Ding ding ding! Big red truck. LOL!

And the 85 year old, 105 pound women used in this study better wait 20-24 hours to eat......great study subjects!! This totally applies to what we want to do..........:)

LOL!

And the 85 year old, 105 pound women used in this study better wait 20-24 hours to eat......great study subjects!! This totally applies to what we want to do..........:)

Thats a point i was trying to make over at im. If i could eat everry 5 hours only 5 oz of chicken breast and grow, my grocery bill would be alot cheaper. :D

Exactly!!

You want a study that uses real subject? You want a study relevant to our needs? Then study yourself, use yourself as the test subject. Try not eating for a while until your body says feed me. Then when you do eat make sure you consume enough protein and carbs and fats with that meal until you are only just satisfied, not stuffed. Go and do your normal days routine paying attentio to how you feel. When you feel hungry then eat a gain using the same nutrition as the first meal. Repeat this throughout the day, resist the urge to say "Oh it has been 2.47 hours since my last meal I have to eat now". If you are not hungry then DO NOT eat! DO NOT STUFF YOURSELF WITH FOOD! Eat only what you need and do not really worry too much about how much protein at each sitting. AS long as your daily intake of protein (say 400gms) is spread throughout all your meals then you will get the required amount you want. DO this for three weeks and see where you are at.

What you have is a study specifically made for you!! Not 85 year old ladies and not subjects who do not train and weigh 150lbs out of the shower!!!

Exactly

Exactly!!

You want a study that uses real subject? You want a study relevant to our needs? Then study yourself, use yourself as the test subject. Try not eating for a while until your body says feed me. Then when you do eat make sure you consume enough protein and carbs and fats with that meal until you are only just satisfied, not stuffed. Go and do your normal days routine paying attentio to how you feel. When you feel hungry then eat a gain using the same nutrition as the first meal. Repeat this throughout the day, resist the urge to say "Oh it has been 2.47 hours since my last meal I have to eat now". If you are not hungry then DO NOT eat! DO NOT STUFF YOURSELF WITH FOOD! Eat only what you need and do not really worry too much about how much protein at each sitting. AS long as your daily intake of protein (say 400gms) is spread throughout all your meals then you will get the required amount you want. DO this for three weeks and see where you are at.

What you have is a study specifically made for you!! Not 85 year old ladies and not subjects who do not train and weigh 150lbs out of the shower!!!

I agree but I do not think you can put a number on grams of protein....quality plays a major role as Layne was stating.....LBAs allow me a lot less for some reason............Pepto pro also.........this is from my own experiences and this is advantageous because it allows more calories from carbs......which makes me very happy

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws