over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Introducing IFBB Pro Con Demetriou

Welcome good to have your knowledge and experience on board. Must have a lot of dedication and heart and do whatever it takes to get to where your at. Thats what it is about no matter what you want to achieve. Good luck hope you become a regular poster best people and board on the net. MM

Welcome to the board bro.

I'm going to take some time and watch your videos

a pic from last time he competed at the Ironman show

Attachments

• img_71661232863760.jpg
    img_71661232863760.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,722
from last year show...

Attachments

• img_98261237009492.jpg
    img_98261237009492.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,956
Hi guys,

Just writing to let you all know that I am over here in LA training hard for the Flex Pro Show that is being held here on the 26th of February. I have been travelling all over this country and it has been a great experience. The people over here really like things big and also love Aussies so I really feel welcome. There have been tough times as well but because I love bodybuilding so much and love this country so much I have been stubborn and make things happen. Times were so tough in the beginning that I even had to sleep under a tree on Venice beach because I was broke! There were loads of homeless bums there too so I was not lonely! All is going well now and I have made many friends and always have a place to stay in many cities if times ever get tough.
If anyone wants me to answer any questions or wants to bounce any ideas off me please feel free to ask. I would love to share my experience and knowledge to my fellow bodybuilders. I am real proud that a fellow Aussie has developed this site so successfully and is well known over here.

Welcome to PM. You will fit in nicely here. I'm sure you have alot of good info from your expereinces.

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. I am not good at these chatrooms they are new for me. So if I am doing it wrong let me know.

I hope I did not cause any trouble with that guy that got kicked off. I totally understand why he posted that comment. I am a little ashamed at some of the photos I have done in the past and guess I totally deserve a comment like that. I am straight but understand if I have given the wrong impression to some people. Like I said I am stubborn and very passionate about this lifestyle I am living as a competetive bodybuilder and would do worse things to keep the journey going as long as I don't hurt no one. Gotta make money somehow!

Anyway enough of that B.S. I trained shoulders today. I walked into the gym and felt like crap. It would have been hard for me to start the workout out with the heavy stuff so I trained a small muscle group first. I started off with biceps on the preacher machine and after a few sets on that I started to wake up and come to life.

Once I finished my bicep workout I was totally awake and fired up. I started my shoulder workout with front free weight barbell press. I do not come all the way down and do not go all the way up. I find that this puts more stress on the front and side delts and less on the triceps. After about 5 solid working sets on that I dropped the weight and did 3 sets behind the neck with a full stretch and full range of movement.

By this time my delts were very pumped and I was very motivated. Usually I will do dumbell lateral raises after this but today I just did not feel like it. Instead I did machine lateral raises supersetted with machine shoulder press but facing the opposite way. I did not have much rest between sets and the delts got an amazing pump. I had plenty rest when I did the heavy free weight presses.

After that I did my special rear delt shrugs. They are a cross between an upright row and a bent over row. I really feel it in my rear delts and traps. I went up to 3 plates on this exercise. Then I finished up on the rear delt machine doing 20 rep sets.

My workouts change depending on how I feel. Today I did loads of presses but most delt workouts are a balance of side laterals, presses, rear delt machine and shrugs. I used to train very heavy doing a lot of one arm stuff. I got great results but started getting blocky around the waist so I cut back on it.

I am originally from Sydney. I lived in Thailand for 3 years then India for 5 months. I have been in USA for the past 1year and love it here. Australia is a great country but I had been there for too long and love travelling. I travel from state to state now and it is like visiting different countries. Each state has something different to offer and the people are also different from city to city. They can all speak English which makes it easy... I guess I better learn spanish if I wanna communicate with everyone here!

Oh I am getting ready by myself for this Flex Show. The best I ever looked was when i placed 5th in the Orlando Europa. Dennis James was looking after me for that one. He was great. I highly recommend him to anyone. Did it all over the net and phone.
I hope this has been helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was him at the gym a couple months ago.. He's already put on about 15lbs since then!

Attachments

• Con back.JPG
    Con back.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 1,411
Here's a great back shot of Con at the 2010 E

Attachments

• img_49171281816788.jpg
    img_49171281816788.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,949
Welcome to Professional Muscle, glad to have you here. This is turning into an Aussie invasion around here;):D

I added a little spacing to your post to make it easier to read, hope you don't mind.

Do you find it hard to diet for a show with all that traveling, or do you try to stick to one place for the stretch run?

Great to have you here Bro! I have a question, as a pro bodybuilder what is the best way to protect your kidneys and heart?

Thanks, PJ

Welcome bro. This is the best board on the net!!!! Hope you stay a while and keep sharing with us.

where in sydney did u live con? i live in castle hill.

Great to have you here Bro! I have a question, as a pro bodybuilder what is the best way to protect your kidneys and heart?

Thanks, PJ

How to protect your heart? I try keeping the sodium down, not cut right out but down. Also don't O.D. on all the concentrated supplements. Stick to the recommended dose. More is not always better. Some of these sups are very concentrated and too much for the kidneys to process all at once. Spread them out throughout the day with meals when possible.

where in sydney did u live con? i live in castle hill.

I used to live in Castle Hill for a while. I grew up in Greystanes near Parra and Orchard Hills near Penrith. Lived in Bondi and also the city when I owned my gym on Sussex st.

Welcome to Professional Muscle, glad to have you here. This is turning into an Aussie invasion around here;):D

I added a little spacing to your post to make it easier to read, hope you don't mind.

Do you find it hard to diet for a show with all that traveling, or do you try to stick to one place for the stretch run?

Yes it is very difficult prepping for a show while travelling. I do try and settle in one place before a show for the final stretch. Sometimes I don't have that luxury though.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws