over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Introducing IFBB Pro Con Demetriou

Con,

Welcome to professional muscle!!!! Great to have you join us!!! What are your goals as far as competing in the IFBB??? Do you feel that you need to be a guy that brings back the look of the 80s and early 90s??? Size is great, but not at the expense of aesthetics and balance......seems the fellas today go overboard and wind up developing their guts and waists more than getting that finished and polished look......oh.....one more question......when training shoulders......do you perform side laterals one delt at a time or do you work them simultaneously??? I ask because I feel them much better performing one side at a time. Thanks and God bless!

Thanks for the welcome. I obviously need to get bigger and come in the same shape as I did when I placed 5th in the Orlando Europa this year. I don't want to bring back the look of the 80's. I am training my butt of but am not as big as these other guys! I do wish to keep an aestheticlly pleasing look but don't get me wrong I would love to be huge! Every time I see Kai Greene walk in to the gym my jaw just drops. I would love that mass but would like to keep my waist trim. I used to love the taper of Brian Buchanin.
I love doing one arm cable lateral raises and one arm cable front raises.

Some fun facts about Con that he's too humble to tell

1. He always opts for regular coke or pepsi, and always has a full set of abs!

2. He trains 7 days a week, twice a day, a day off for him is training once a day and that's rare.

3. He only diets about 4-6 weeks for a show

4. He eats whatever the fuck he wants (except post workout, he does a protein/fat meal)

5. He does almost no cardio, and does zero ab work when prepping for a contest

6. He doesn't think he's genetically gifted.

7. I consider him my best friend, one of the most humble, down to earth people living in America.

8. He's still a virgin

LOL j/k on #8 :D

How to protect your heart? I try keeping the sodium down, not cut right out but down. Also don't O.D. on all the concentrated supplements. Stick to the recommended dose. More is not always better. Some of these sups are very concentrated and too much for the kidneys to process all at once. Spread them out throughout the day with meals when possible.

Thanks for the reply. I've always viewed bodybuilding as a marathon, not a race. In this sport I think it is somtimes overlooked how to make good gains year-round and do minimal amounts of damage to the body. That's why I am always eager to ask pros about their health tips.

Con,

Do you plan on staying here, in the US...Are looking at living out west ? LA or Las Vegas or someplace like that....?

What are your goals for the upcoming year ? Not only bodybuilding goals but life goals ? have you found work here in the US...

I wish you the best, and I hope all your dreams come true ... (as corny as that sounds...but coming from a bodybuilder myself..Im sure you know what I mean ...LOL) :D

chris250

Con,
Welcome to Pro muscle.

That exercise you talked about thats a hybrid of a bent over row and an upright row sounds familiar. Is it similar to the movement dorian was showing Kai. i cant find the video that was posted in a thread here but i believe it was called a Yates row? Feet shoulder width and the angle is roughly 45 degrees from totally upright?

you're a pro? ive never heard of you. what show did you turn pro at

Last edited:
you're a pro? ive never heard of you. can you give me a back ground of your competitions?

If you read through this thread you will have your answers.

Welcome Con, I "got to know you" from Max's Muscle TV documentary on you, it was very good. Nice to see bodybuilders on a more personal level, mind if I post it?

YouTube - MAX'S MuscleTV - Series 3, Episode 5. Con Demetriou. 1 of 3

YouTube - MAX'S MuscleTV - Series 3, Episode 5. Con Demetriou. 2 of 3

YouTube - MAX'S MuscleTV - Series 3, Episode 5. Con Demetriou. 3 of 3

You're name is Greek isn't it? You and Michael Kefalianos both live in Australia, is there a big Greek population there or is it just coincidence?

Con,
Welcome to Pro muscle.

That exercise you talked about thats a hybrid of a bent over row and an upright row sounds familiar. Is it similar to the movement dorian was showing Kai. i cant find the video that was posted in a thread here but i believe it was called a Yates row? Feet shoulder width and the angle is roughly 45 degrees from totally upright?

Yes that is the one! Damn I thought I inveneted it. Was gonna call it the Con row. Oh well if Mr Yates is doing it it must be good.

Welcome Con, I "got to know you" from Max's Muscle TV documentary on you, it was very good. Nice to see bodybuilders on a more personal level, mind if I post it?

YouTube - MAX'S MuscleTV - Series 3, Episode 5. Con Demetriou. 1 of 3

YouTube - MAX'S MuscleTV - Series 3, Episode 5. Con Demetriou. 2 of 3

YouTube - MAX'S MuscleTV - Series 3, Episode 5. Con Demetriou. 3 of 3

You're name is Greek isn't it? You and Michael Kefalianos both live in Australia, is there a big Greek population there or is it just coincidence?

Yes I think Melbourne is the biggest Greek population outside Greece? Michael lives on the island of Kos in Greece but married a Greek lady in Australia and lives there as well I think.
My name is very Greek. I am half German half Greek Cypriot.

Con,

Do you plan on staying here, in the US...Are looking at living out west ? LA or Las Vegas or someplace like that....?

What are your goals for the upcoming year ? Not only bodybuilding goals but life goals ? have you found work here in the US...

I wish you the best, and I hope all your dreams come true ... (as corny as that sounds...but coming from a bodybuilder myself..Im sure you know what I mean ...LOL) :D

chris250

I love this country and would love to stay here. I live in LA at the moment but I have travelled around US a lot.
If you have any suggestions on how someone like me can make some money to support my bodybuilding I am all ears!
I have been back competing again for the past 4 years or so after a 10 year break. My weight went down to 160lbs. I missed it so much and attempted a few comebacks. Now that I am finally back into it 100% I feel great. I feel young again. Will probably compete up until I am 45 because I feel so fresh after such a long rest. I don't think I will ever quit training even after I retire from competing.
The more successful I am at bodybuilding the more doors and opportunities seem to open but I cannot take most of them because I am so dedicated to giving competing 100%. I was training these wealthy people in India. I am very good at making people lose weight very fastand that is exactly what they want. Well I always got that to go back to but wouldn't want to do it there it is tough living there. Can make a lot of money from this sort of thing but at the moment it is the last thing I would want to do. It does not compliment my bodybuilding because I must be very active when doing this job.
Thanks for your wishes Chris. Really appreciate it mate.

Some fun facts about Con that he's too humble to tell

1. He always opts for regular coke or pepsi, and always has a full set of abs!

2. He trains 7 days a week, twice a day, a day off for him is training once a day and that's rare.

3. He only diets about 4-6 weeks for a show

4. He eats whatever the fuck he wants (except post workout, he does a protein/fat meal)

5. He does almost no cardio, and does zero ab work when prepping for a contest

6. He doesn't think he's genetically gifted.

7. I consider him my best friend, one of the most humble, down to earth people living in America.

8. He's still a virgin

LOL j/k on #8 :D

Scott is a good bloke but is full of shit. Most of the stuff he wrote is not true. Never agree to go to the gym with him. It takes him 3 hours to get ready. He has a haircut every week and it takes one hour and he hardly has any hair!
When we finally get to the gym he doesn't train much he talks and spends the rest of the time sending text messages!

Yep and I ban that idiot.:banghead:

BigChef, Thank you for cleaning house.

Con, welcome to the best board around. Would love for you to bragg about yourself and tell us a little something about yourself.

Con, welcome to the best board around. Would love for you to bragg about yourself and tell us a little something about yourself.

Your welcome Stump. I dont like idiots who disrepectful to another member on this board and try my best to clean up any mess. He is only ban for 3 days and hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

Good to see our very own Aussie Pro on this site - Con!

Con, a question for you mate! What do you consider your weak parts?
Also who was the nicest Pro you ever met? Your fav. bodybuilder?

Thank you for taking time to answer our questions mate.

Scott is a good bloke but is full of shit. Most of the stuff he wrote is not true. Never agree to go to the gym with him. It takes him 3 hours to get ready. He has a haircut every week and it takes one hour and he hardly has any hair!
When we finally get to the gym he doesn't train much he talks and spends the rest of the time sending text messages!

So your saying he's one of THOSE GUYS:mad:

Your welcome Stump. I dont like idiots who disrepectful to another member on this board and try my best to clean up any mess. He is only ban for 3 days and hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

Good to see our very own Aussie Pro on this site - Con!

Con, a question for you mate! What do you consider your weak parts?
Also who was the nicest Pro you ever met? Your fav. bodybuilder?

Thank you for taking time to answer our questions mate.

Hi Big Chef,

Thanks for the welcome. Don't worry about banning people on my thread I can take it. I was expecting much worse to tell you the truth!
My weak bodypart is probably calves and triceps. My legs were lagging behind because of a back injury so I couldn't train them properly for a few years. I am fully recovered and have been smashing them lately so I am real happy they have came up because walking on stage with small legs is not a good look. Also I am no pussy and having those slender legs made me look like I am a pussy in the gym!
So I have fixed the legs and my calves have been coming up. I have stopped doing full range of motion and train them for the pump instead of worrying about the weight. I do throw in the heavy stuff too though.
My triceps look good in the side tricep pose but dissappear when I do front double biceps. I have been hitting them hard too but not happy with the progress.
The nicest pros have been Hide, Kai, Tony Freeman, Luke Wood, Chris Cormier, Tricky Jackson, Jose Ramon...
Kai is probably my favorite bodybuilder.

Thanks Stump,

Not much to say I am just a bodybuilding bum who is passionate about the sport. Love the training and comp prep but not that into competing but it pushes me to keep pushing the limits. I have always wanted to travel but not as a tourist and bodybuilding has given me this.
Love USA and am having a great time over here.
I was living in Thailand for 3 years then India for 5 months training these rich Indians. Now focusing 100% on competing.
Still trying to work out how to make money from it all. Guess I just gotta keep on competing and get bigger and leaner to place higher.

Hi Big Chef,

Thanks for the welcome. Don't worry about banning people on my thread I can take it. I was expecting much worse to tell you the truth!
My weak bodypart is probably calves and triceps. My legs were lagging behind because of a back injury so I couldn't train them properly for a few years. I am fully recovered and have been smashing them lately so I am real happy they have came up because walking on stage with small legs is not a good look. Also I am no pussy and having those slender legs made me look like I am a pussy in the gym!
So I have fixed the legs and my calves have been coming up. I have stopped doing full range of motion and train them for the pump instead of worrying about the weight. I do throw in the heavy stuff too though.
My triceps look good in the side tricep pose but dissappear when I do front double biceps. I have been hitting them hard too but not happy with the progress.
The nicest pros have been Hide, Kai, Tony Freeman, Luke Wood, Chris Cormier, Tricky Jackson, Jose Ramon...
Kai is probably my favorite bodybuilder.

the heath is a member on another board and he posted it there, and i think you must read this...this is a hypothetical interview(the heath had with kai)

The Heath Interviews Kai Greene (for entertainment purposes)
Q. Hello Kai, I know you're deep in Olympia prep, thanks for taking the time. How are you today?

A. How, am, I, today? Hmmmm. It's an interesting time to consider the concept of today versus tomorrow, being the flow of time and the occupation of space are both ethereal and capricious. I try to consider what I'll affect tomorrow, ya know, by building it today. So, thank you for asking.

Q. What did you have for breakfast?

A. Wow, what did I have for breakfast? Ya know, like, whatever you had for breakfast is different from me. Whatever each man chooses to eat is his own decision and responsibility. Soooo, to fulfill my destiny, I've chosen to assimilate whatever building blocks will install within me the potential to believe, perceive and achieve; hence, the man I am within is being renewed based upon the interlude of vivaciousness.

Q. So did you have egg whites?

A. Hahahaa, did I have egg whites... you are persistent, aren't you? Ya know I can't, can't really describe the intake of variegated and blended foods without recounting last night's dinner. For therein lay the key to my prior to sleep routine in tandem with the circadian multiplicity of which I am both enslaved and devoted, ya know? Consideration of the meals, well, to whom much is given much will be asked, and nutrition should align with the ultimate transcendance of goal achievement. Therefore, I consume for the purpose of actuating the reality of my vision.

Q. For the Olympia Kai, what is victory to you?

A. Victory, the same thing that constitutes victory in your mind. Impromptu, right off the cuff, no preparation needed, no diplomacy, no wonderful slick tongue, just straight up, you know what it means. That's what it means to me. [Note: this was his actual answer to that question on PBW 8.30.2010]

Q. Thank you for the insights, in closing, the fans want to know, do you have a favorite color?

A. Yes, red.

Q. Thanks again Kai, we look forward to seeing you onstage at the Olympia.

A. Ah yes, you know it's interesting to contemplate the greatness within and without, by virtue of the esoteric pursuit wherein the transmutation of vision and physicality is also the imputing of energy to the universe..

Q. Kai, sorry to interrupt, but I've got to go...

A. ...and the elemental harmony of the universe will give back tenfold, should one choose the road less traveled and attempt to comprehend and delineate the...

Q. Again, thanks so much, I have to catch a flight and am leaving now. It's been great! Good bye!!

A. photosynthesis, pretentious, ptolemaic, ya know, the hypotenuse of life goes on and on....

i hope this was`nt the case with you Con;)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws