over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IPOD + rebooting PC

BULKING_N

Registered
Has anyone had problems with their IPOD suddenly rebooting their pc upon connecting to the USB port or causing the screen to go blank ( Screen of Death).. This was happening a few times and I did look up the apple trouble shooting on google and reinstalled the ITUNES software etc , then it worked FINE for a while.. I was able to connect the IPOD nano and all worked well..

it seems the pc isnt recognising the IPOD. As soon as I connect the USB port to it, the monitor goes blank and the pc reboots. Has happened for 1000 times so far! :mad:

Then the whole dam problem restarted again! UGH :eek:

If anyone is familiar with this and how it can be resolved, please share! Added, if anyone can point to an online forum that discuss this in detail or even the right contact for APPLE customer support via email ( if applicable) , this be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

N.

hey, this is a pretty common problem, well at least to me. Some models of computers or monitors that have built in usb can't register the ipod. For example, I've went to replace a DELL monitor that had built in usb support and the only thing that was the problem is the ipod being connected. New or old monitor it did not matter so don't think there's something wrong with your computer. As far as an update goes I do not know if there is one I haven't had the need to look. My only suggestion is to use another computer. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

hey, this is a pretty common problem, well at least to me. Some models of computers or monitors that have built in usb can't register the ipod. For example, I've went to replace a DELL monitor that had built in usb support and the only thing that was the problem is the ipod being connected. New or old monitor it did not matter so don't think there's something wrong with your computer. As far as an update goes I do not know if there is one I haven't had the need to look. My only suggestion is to use another computer. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

Yes, this is true with a number of peropherals, such as scanners. The main reason is because you are utilizing the base USB hub, then actually apending another USB hub within the monitor itself. I've found that a direct connection to the PC itself for these peripherals is usually the most stable way to connect them.

For the problem with the iPod, make sure you have all driver updates done on you PC if it is giving you problems. Especially chipset. Go to the manufacturer's website and download the newest chipset driver for you to install.

If this does not work, go out to Windows Update and make sure you are up to date with your OS. Note: if you have a high end graphics or audio card, do not install Microsoft's driver. Go out to the vender, such as nVidia and download the newest drivers from their site. Microsoft WHQL drivers for high end graphics and audio pretty much suck compared to the vender's newest drivers.

Thanks Kaiser! I did contact DELL tech services on the phone and they were totally confused too...

It just seems like the IPOD is causing some voltage surge and making the pc go into reboot... This only started after I had my pc reformatted and reinstalled the new ITUNES software... Prior, I only was connecting the IPOD to recharge the battery..There was no Itunes installed so no synching.. I reinstalled the ITUNES and still the same problem..

Windows Update gets done automatically on my pc too...

All other devices connecting to the USB ports works perfectly fine.. Its just the IPOD does this... Even when I try other USB ports, same thing arrises

I'm sure you know this anyways, but it's hit or miss with the DELL tech's on the phone. Most of the guys read directly off their computer on what's wrong. Some are really smart others ehhhh. I agree with Kaiser, all those steps would have been a possible fix. Have you tried updating the bios, maybe there's a newer release.

Thanks Kaiser! I did contact DELL tech services on the phone and they were totally confused too...

It just seems like the IPOD is causing some voltage surge and making the pc go into reboot... This only started after I had my pc reformatted and reinstalled the new ITUNES software... Prior, I only was connecting the IPOD to recharge the battery..There was no Itunes installed so no synching.. I reinstalled the ITUNES and still the same problem..

Windows Update gets done automatically on my pc too...

All other devices connecting to the USB ports works perfectly fine.. Its just the IPOD does this... Even when I try other USB ports, same thing arrises

The stuff that gets done automatically, is not everything. Go out to the site and choose Custom. You will not get drivers and other fixes unless they are a major security issue or if they cause unstable base operation in the Automatic mode.

Sorry guys.. I meant it was APPLE tech help services I called.. They did guide me through a few things but my phone bill was already hitting $20 USD since IM calling from overseas.... I may call them back and then let them call me for its costly...

I will try a custom update and see if any drivers need to be updated

I have also gone into DEVICES into my control panel and shut off IPOD or whatever its called and then connected the IPOD but that didint work either

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear