over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Iron levels

MissyM

Registered
Anyone experience a severe drop in iron levels when on? I'm getting this and I don't really understand why.

Mine was 33 the other day. I was shocked, I couldn't donate blood. Ill be gvoing back in a week or two to see if its any better. If not ill be making a dr appt.

I'min the same boat. I have anemia to begin with. Sometimes i feel like i could sleep standing up. My doc gave me liquid iron, tastes like shit but it seems to help. I could'nt get my tonsils taken out due to low iron levels.

i always thought that taking steroids increased your iron ?????

My iron has been on the lower end the past year or so which is odd b/c it was always too high in the past. Whats also weird is iron was in range this time but in the low end yet rbc's were slightly out of range and my hematocrit and hemoglobin were both good and in range. I always used a multi without iron but im gonna switch to one with iron now. Not a ton, like 18mg iron daily.

Originally I was thinking it might be low due to your body making more RBC's and using up the serum iron, so I went on to find more info before I posted..

Iron plays a principal role in erythropoiesis. It is necessary for proliferation and maturation of red blood cells and for hemoglobin (Hgb) synthesis. Of the body's normal 4 g of iron (less in women), about 65% is present in Hgb and about 3% in myoglobin. A small amount is also found in cellular enzymes that catalyze the oxidation and reduction of iron. The remainder of iron is stored in the liver, bone marrow, and spleen as ferritin or hemosiderin. Any iron present in the serum is in transit among the alimentary tract, the bone marrow, and available iron storage forms. Iron travels in the bloodstream bound to transport proteins. Transferrin is the major iron-transport protein, carrying 60% to 70% of the body's iron. For this reason, total iron-binding capacity (TIBC) and transferrin are sometimes referred to interchangeably, even though other proteins carry iron and contribute to the TIBC. Unbound iron is highly toxic, but there is generally an excess of transferrin available to prevent the buildup of unbound iron in the circulation. The percentage of iron saturation is calculated by dividing the serum iron value by the TIBC value and multiplying by 100.

•Drugs that may decrease TIBC levels include asparaginase, chloramphenicol, corticotropin, cortisone, and testosterone.

Mine would go over range when on sometimes.

Iron serum - 219ug/dl range 40-155

Another time at 171

Never goes under 90 and usually around 130's when on.

Mine (iron level) was at 14:confused: Dr. put me on iron supplements and said I was close to having to have a blood transfusion bc my hemoglobin was at 8.0. It's since went up, but I've also since went off cycle. I think next time I cycle I will do the iron supplements.

Mine (iron level) was at 14:confused: Dr. put me on iron supplements and said I was close to having to have a blood transfusion bc my hemoglobin was at 8.0. It's since went up, but I've also since went off cycle. I think next time I cycle I will do the iron supplements.

I wish I had your blood! My hemoglobin is constantly up around 19. Im having to get a series of 2-3 phleobotomies every 3 months to get mine down to 16!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131