over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Irregular heartbeat after angioplasty

testtrenvar

Newbies
Hi, if anyone saw my recent thread I recently had angioplasty done. No heart attack beforehand so there was no damage to the heart. Recently tried lifting light weights in the gym with no issues. I was doing "bedroom activities" with my girlfriend and suddenly my heart starts beating crazy and irregularly, even my girlfriend could feel it and got worried (she knows I just had an angioplasty). We had to stop until my heart got back to normal. It's funny because I would have thought that the weight lifting would be more strenuous to my heart than sex. Don't really want to die just yet, although dying during sex is actually a pretty good way to go. Anyone else experienced this?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
when my heart issues where still acute i had this.
I am not sure if it is only the fact that it is strenuous why it happens. I could assume that during sex your body pushs out a lot of endorphines etc that affect the heart.
the first 4-5 weeks after my hospital release sex was more or less impossible, i got immense shortness of breath due to fast/irregular beat

Hi, if anyone saw my recent thread I recently had angioplasty done. No heart attack beforehand so there was no damage to the heart. Recently tried lifting light weights in the gym with no issues. I was doing "bedroom activities" with my girlfriend and suddenly my heart starts beating crazy and irregularly, even my girlfriend could feel it and got worried (she knows I just had an angioplasty). We had to stop until my heart got back to normal. It's funny because I would have thought that the weight lifting would be more strenuous to my heart than sex. Don't really want to die just yet, although dying during sex is actually a pretty good way to go. Anyone else experienced this?

Regards
How fast was it going, and for how long? It sounds almost like you might have had a run of ventricular tachycardia. Thats something I am sadly very acquainted with. I would keep a close eye on that, and next time it happens you should take your pulse and write it down. If it is indeed V tach, that is a serious matter and you should see a doctor. Right now you dont know for sure what happened, so dont freak out.
Having sex can release a lot of hormones that raise the HR, and it can trigger an arrythmia. Ive gone into V tach several times out of stress and just getting pissed off.

How fast was it going, and for how long? It sounds almost like you might have had a run of ventricular tachycardia. Thats something I am sadly very acquainted with. I would keep a close eye on that, and next time it happens you should take your pulse and write it down. If it is indeed V tach, that is a serious matter and you should see a doctor. Right now you dont know for sure what happened, so dont freak out.
Having sex can release a lot of hormones that raise the HR, and it can trigger an arrythmia. Ive gone into V tach several times out of stress and just getting pissed off.
Yes I think it's because of emotional stress. Yesterday I had a fight with my girlfriend and my heart started beating out of control again. Sucks that I can't really do anything intense anymore. @maldorf have you ever had to explain people why you're big and muscular but have heart issues? I was the youngest patient in the hospital and the nurses were all commenting about what I'm doing there

You should try to avoid stress. It's one of the very first reasons for heart problems long term. And in your case will very likely cause more damage if you dont get that under control. A beta blocker can help as well.

Yes I think it's because of emotional stress. Yesterday I had a fight with my girlfriend and my heart started beating out of control again. Sucks that I can't really do anything intense anymore. @maldorf have you ever had to explain people why you're big and muscular but have heart issues? I was the youngest patient in the hospital and the nurses were all commenting about what I'm doing there
Yeah. Even now, after I have shrunk down, people look at me funny when I tell them I have heart failure.

If I were you, I'd see a cardiologist now. If you're going into V tach it can be deadly. We don't know what's happening now, but you need to be sure it's not.

Maybe they will have you do a stress test on the treadmill. There are several different ways to do that. A holter monitor would be great too. They need to record your heart when it's doing the tachycardia. It's certainly tachycardia, but is it normal sinus rhythm or is it V tach?

V tach can easily get so fast that it goes into V fib. V fib will just about always lead to cardiac arrest. With no defibrillator like I have, you're defenseless.

Chances are it's probably not V tach, but I wouldn't be taking the chance if I were you. See a good cardiologist and tell them what's going on.

You should try to avoid stress. It's one of the very first reasons for heart problems long term. And in your case will very likely cause more damage if you dont get that under control. A beta blocker can help as well.
Yeah, I'd think he's already on one. If not, I'd see very soon about getting on one. Bisoprolol is great for keeping down hr and not lowering BP much.

My thread on my heart attack. Good read for you I think.

I was the youngest patient in the hospital and the nurses were all commenting about what I'm doing there

But in your one thread about your procedure you said that it was done in at a private pay cardiologist office after your stress test when the nurse had a concerned look on her face.

Now you say it was done at the hospital?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

V-tach really? You had to go for the most uncommon and lethal one lol?
There are many different types of arrythmia's the most common I've seen in 15yrs of emergency medicine is A-fib and SVT, both of which are usually transient.
If you are concerned tell your doctor about the incident and they will likely order a stress test or a 24hr Halter monitor. Neither are really a big deal test wise(non-invasive)

V-tach really? You had to go for the most uncommon and lethal one lol?
There are many different types of arrythmia's the most common I've seen in 15yrs of emergency medicine is A-fib and SVT, both of which are usually transient.
If you are concerned tell your doctor about the incident and they will likely order a stress test or a 24hr Halter monitor. Neither are really a big deal test wise(non-invasive)
I just simply mentioned that it is a possibility, but probably not what it is. If you were him, would you just ignore it and not seek medical advice?

Like you say, its probably just SVT or A fib since it resolved on its own. We dont know how long it lasted though. It could be V tach. We dont know.

I
I just simply mentioned that it is a possibility, but probably not what it is. If you were him, would you just ignore it and not seek medical advice?

Like you say, its probably just SVT or A fib since it resolved on its own. We dont know how long it lasted though. It could be V tach. We dont know.
I've never experienced anything like that before but did have to cardiovert my EMT partner once when he went into rapid A-fib after a workout we did together and it was not responsive to cardizem.
I'd tell my cardiologist and let him decide what the next course of action is. Its hard when these things happen since most people don't wear a monitor around 24/7.

I

I've never experienced anything like that before but did have to cardiovert my EMT partner once when he went into rapid A-fib after a workout we did together and it was not responsive to cardizem.
I'd tell my cardiologist and let him decide what the next course of action is. Its hard when these things happen since most people don't wear a monitor around 24/7.
Yeah. Maybe the cardiologist will order a holter monitor.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws