advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is a healthy liver underrated in optimizing body composition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking more along the lines of someone using moderate dosages, therefore they can only get so much from AAS

Say Joe wont go above 400mg. He will grow based on his dosage and food intake. But if he choses drugs that are easier on his liver and adds In liver support, would he look better on 400mg than had he chose harsher drugs (to the liver) and not used support?
You're talking yourself in circles.
Please tell me the "easiest on your liver" AAS and then the "hardest on your liver" AAS.
Feel like your adding a layer for no reason.

I understand what youre trying to do....to find the safest options for your AAS use.
But trying to put one more layer on it with, "which one is the MOST safe for your liver"....when we know their are liver aids AND we know that the liver is the only organ that can regenerate itself. I would choose another internal organ to play this game with.
YOU need to look at your health as a collective wholeee thing. Not particular organs, not specifically the liver. YOU, your body.

Also, we know that to some extent there is just individual responses to drugs by BBers. So guys get kidney problems others dont.
And because of that, its better to look at the body holistically.

We have to be honest and say this - if you are afraid for your health, do not take steroids, and even do not take but try to put pressure on the body trying to lift heavy weights and shoving tons of kcal into yourself trying to become big - to become big is not healthy, not old-fashioned in and of itself - some people should finally understand it and accept it

Just listened to a podcast with Dr. Ken Berry and he stated the same thing. He also made a point that I’d never thought of. These values that were using to find these “healthy” ranges for alt, ast, cholesterol, etc. are created by averaging out bloodwork on a large scale. Well, who is more likely to get bloodwork done? Healthy people, or sick people? So we’re basing these things off the test results if sick people. We now know dietary saturated fat doesn’t affect blood levels, but that sugars and industrial seed oils are actually the main contributor to increased blood cholesterol. But now, we also know too that high cholesterol isn’t an indicator of poor health, what we should be looking at more is particle size, etc.
When i ask Dr.s about healthy ranges for blood tests i have had they will respond that my levels in question are normal. All my reading show that a lab looks at all the tests they do and throw out the top and bottom 2.5% and call the 95% in the middle normal. And depending on the type of test the results can be wrong 5-50% of the time. Although there are some tests that are consistently accurate. I would not want to leave it up to Dr.'s to determine what a healthy level of anything is, as they do not really get any education in health while going to school. Only curing disease and managing pain.

My AST/ALT are always elevated but my Dr doesn't believe training "may" play a part. I recently had my second liver ultrasound, the first was a few years earlier, and there were no issues reported to any organs. I drink my water, do my cardio, and supplement additional protection. Good reading all of this too.

My AST/ALT are always elevated but my Dr doesn't believe training "may" play a part. I recently had my second liver ultrasound, the first was a few years earlier, and there were no issues reported to any organs. I drink my water, do my cardio, and supplement additional protection. Good reading all of this too.
The truth is that the "knowledge" of many doctors, especially the older ones, is really limited ... and when an athlete comes to them, they have no idea what to do with him, but it's not their fault because they do not teach about people such as bodybuilders in medical studies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member