advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is anyone else getting tired of all the negativity?? or is it just me..?

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
lately.. every time i come to the board (which because of my work schedule has been less than normal) i come across threads and posts that basically bash bodybuilding and bodybuilders in general.. now, everyone is entitled to their opinions.. that is why we are here.. but, we are some of you here? if one hates the sport and has no respect for the guys who are in it then why come here.. if one hates the idea of using gear and feels it is bad for bodybuilding, that is fine.. but, there are other boards that share your sentiment where you surely would feel more welcome.. if you hate "having to take" gear then STOP TAKING THE GEAR!!!!!!.. to bash gear and people who like to use while you yourself are taking gear is as hypocritical as it gets.. just stop taking it.. if you worry about your health and the possible health risks later in life.. that is fine.. it is to be commended.. but, STOP TAKING GEAR IF IT IS SUCH A CONCERN.. stop bashing those that do when you do so also..
TO MANY, BODYBUILDING IS A PASSION.. LIKE FOOTBALL IS TO OTHERS.. THEY LIKE PUSHING THEIR BODIES TO THE EXTREME.. some others take the moderate approach and just enjoy lifting and bodybuilding and take small amounts of gear to help their progress.. both love their chosen sport.. and if you come here to talk bodybuilding than i assume it is a love of yours too.. if it is THAN SHOW IT!!.. do you really think all this negativity helps our sport? it gives much more fuel for the haters of our sport and the whole anti steroid issue alot more ammunition.. do you not think they come here?? you would be surprised..
this post was sparked in essence because for quite some time i have seen members bash the sport on this and other boards.. it always made me wonder why they bothered with these boards and bodybuilding at all.. they hate everything about it.. then they post their cycle lol... for god sake stop then.. go play other sports.. a few weeks ago i gave the site info to a buddy of mine who is a lifter. he keeps up on all things related to the sport and lifts when he can find the time.. he called about a hour ago after coming to the site and basically said what i am writing.. he then stated... and i quote... " maybe the goverment is right bro.. maybe they need stiffer penalties for steroids and maybe all bodybuilding should go natural.. it sounds like a nasty sport ".. wtf... he was debating on going on gear about a month ago.. i told him to go to the site and ask questions and that i felt he needed to be more educated about making this decision.. he always wanted to find time to compete.. now, he wants nothing to do with competing in a sport that has "losers" (his friggin quote not mine) as athletes and people on "deaths door"... another quote.. i tried to explain that bodybuilding, like other sports, has had it share of issues and even causalties by some going to the extreme.. he now just believes it is not worth it... all he had in mind was one competition.. so i ask some of you.. as a mod.. as a person...WHY ARE YOU HERE.. ?

whoop whoop!

That why your the man Lats.
your post have been on the money and How I feel exactly.
Ive tried to avoid the other threads myself :)

I AM HERE FOR STORY TIME WITH LATS!

WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN SORELY LACKING IN POSTING! WHAT THE HELL? DO YOU HAVE A JOB AND A FAMILY OR SOMETHING??? :)

i agree if your not into bbing then stop hanging around the bbing sites and posting negative stuff and bashing the sport.

I agree, GEAR=GOOD...

BODYBUILDING=GOOD
THIS BOARD=GOOD

;)

well i can see your point Lats but not everybody who is a BB loves and cherishes the sport as u or the next guy might.

I dont love taking drugs i can tell you that ,, i wrote earlier in a post that im more so addicted to the feeling i get from a good workout and pushing myself past my own expectations, , i really dont care about anything else in BB , trophys magazines exposure mean nada to me ,,, im addicted and thats just how it is for now , so im gonna have fun with BB but im also gonna watch what goes into my body and take proper precautions along with setting a age limit to competing ,,, im sorry but i think taking large amounts of aas as a 40 yr old to be bigger then my sons friends daddy is a stupid thing in itself. now thats just how i feel and i do respect others and there reasoning as well.

i understand that vander but, that is kinda the meaning of my post.. you love the workout.. which is great.. but, if the trophy, exposure, and competing means little to nothing.. why not just train natural?? if you do not "love or cherish" the sport, there truly is no need to do the drugs.. just workout and be happy.. compete in natural shows... i truly respect what you do and i am sure seeing yourself in the mags is a kick for you but, many of your posts seem negative in regards to bodybuilding in general.. i am very curious as to why you pursue it if it is not what you truly love.. you love the workout... not competing ... you do not need drugs to workout.. you give yourself a age limit on the drugs and competing.. but, why not just stop now instead of putting yourself through something you do not "love and cherish".. i would not want to go through the b.s. otherwise.. just curious..

LATS said:
i understand that vander but, that is kinda the meaning of my post.. you love the workout.. which is great.. but, if the trophy, exposure, and competing means little to nothing.. why not just train natural?? if you do not "love or cherish" the sport, there truly is no need to do the drugs.. just workout and be happy.. compete in natural shows... i truly respect what you do and i am sure seeing yourself in the mags is a kick for you but, many of your posts seem negative in regards to bodybuilding in general.. i am very curious as to why you pursue it if it is not what you truly love.. you love the workout... not competing ... you do not need drugs to workout.. you give yourself a age limit on the drugs and competing.. but, why not just stop now instead of putting yourself through something you do not "love and cherish".. i would not want to go through the b.s. otherwise.. just curious..

Lats my man did you not read what i said ,,, IM ADDICTED .

thats how it is for now in a few years ill be done with it so im just gonna let it ride and what ever happens happens .

Im sorry if I have...

come across negative also, but I do like to state how I feel on both sides of the fence I am not trying to bash BBing, because I have also given numerous reasons why I do so and why I enjoy it to the extent I do, and why I put myself through the grueling 15+ weeks of dieting. Like everything in life their is two sides the positive and the negative. Good and bad. I guess of lately their has been more threads on the ngative side of BBing, but like I stated b4 I have outlined numerous reasons and numerous positive reasons why I enjoy the activity of BBing, and what it has brought to my life. If someone wants to start a positive BBing thread I'll jump on that one too.
gooey

V,
what is it your addicted to? the "drugs"?

Ill say this, I like my chances MUCH better then 99% of the general public..
Male or female. Look at all these SMOKERS, cokers, Dopers, pill poppers,
hell even the majority of "prescription drugs" come with sides and warning labels. Then you have alcoholics, Fat lazy Grease eating wops, Mothers on xanax or some other "drugs" a doc has put them on (often for life)
to controll there nerves.

maybe we shouldnt get in sunlight or tanning beds either? CANCER
Maybe we shouldnt have ever had unprotected or pre marital sex either..
NOw theres a real killer? AIDS
The list goes on forever... what about not wearing a seatbelt? speeding down the highway? getting hit by lighting?

I think AAS often get the blame regardless if it was the cause IMHO...
Unfortinatley here its sad that its our own spreading this and the awfull DANGERS when normally its the general public or ESPN :)

Tell me Vander... In all seriousness what bad effects have these Horrable
drugs Given you?

Negativity

Showing concern might be construed as being negative, it is hard to tell on a forum such as this. Vander, you have every right to feel the way you do, and LATS has every right to feel the way he does. Lets not stop people from posting their feelings, concerns on here just because it might come accross as negative. It is not "killing"the sport. This is not a sport, it is an individual quest. There is no brotherhood in BBing. A few of us are friends, but there is no TEAM EFFORT here. I sure wish AAS were legal and healthy, but studies have shown otherwise in large amounts. What is a large amount? I think it is different for everyone. Some people on this site are in serious denial. As soon as someone posts RIP about another, the first post is usually "I am sure they will blame steroids on this one". Well you know what, use your powers of deduction and try to see the big picture coming together. Going to a doctor is fine also, but it wont tell you the long term effects, it just might save your life a little sooner than later. Showing concern/venting/etc. may seem negative, but everyone goes through these stages. This is a major part of our sport, unfortunately. Does it have to be a part of the sport for everyone? No. Please dont encourage someone to go to an all natural site just because they might come across as hating the sport. I am sure the part they hate is the part we all wish would just come naturally and are just frustrated. Maybe what you are suggesting, LATS, is that they post more in the counseling forum?

LATS

I get what your saying....and totally agree!

I do love this sport and gotta admit throughout the past few years, the negativity on the net is very discouraging. What actually bothers me is the negativity that most Pro's show in the magazines lately. But as always, opinions are like A-holes, and thats mine.

Personally

gooey said:
come across negative also, but I do like to state how I feel on both sides of the fence I am not trying to bash BBing, because I have also given numerous reasons why I do so and why I enjoy it to the extent I do, and why I put myself through the grueling 15+ weeks of dieting. Like everything in life their is two sides the positive and the negative. Good and bad. I guess of lately their has been more threads on the ngative side of BBing, but like I stated b4 I have outlined numerous reasons and numerous positive reasons why I enjoy the activity of BBing, and what it has brought to my life. If someone wants to start a positive BBing thread I'll jump on that one too.
gooey

you have NEVER come across as negative to me.

IMHO AAS does alter natural hormone levels - how we think and feel! Probably many of these resultant feelings are issues that should be moved into the Counciling Forum and will be moved in the future. Don't feel belittled if they are moved - it's just more appropriate to address the issues in that forum.

I strongly believe that to be good in "anything" one has to really be focused (if not to the extent of obsessive/fanatical) to really excell. This is why most people do not really excell at various thiings - be it making money, sports, relationships, even bodybuilding :eek:

I do believe that one CAN achieve balance while still being focused, which was Lat's point. Learning how to FOCUS helps people to excell in other aspects of life as well, because if you are not able to follow-through at "something," you will not be able to follow-through in ANYTHING - just my opinion.

if you won't allow other opinions on the net that differs from the love of bodybuilding and usage of juice, then how can you goto the general public and voice your true feelings about bodybuilding? Isn't the concensus of the general public that the usage of juice is bad and pro bodybuilding is a freak show? SHould they just tell you to voice your opinion elsewhere because you are differing from the majority view there?

I think it's good to have both sides here, there, everywhere, so that more people become educated about steroids and bodybuilding from every conceivable angle.. We are delusional to think that everything we are doing to our body has no consequences.. If someone who started with the view I do but later found out otherwise when he come out on the other side, I'd surely like to hear about it. It might not influence my thinking one way or another, but it is still nice to ponder about it a bit because there are always two sides to a story.

I agree with you Lats, that is basically why I never post anymore.

Get real

:rolleyes: guys... there is a HUGE difference between being negative and being honest...the truth upsets alot of people since they hang around "YES" people. I am not a yes person nor will i ever be one..if you can't handle the truth then don't ask for it and if you don't want to hear the truth walk away or find a new hobby...

We all kid yourselves when we got into this sport by saying i just want 10-20 more lbs then i'll quit i just want to be bigger...i am VERY sure that most of you on here are far past that original goal and still looking for size,thicknes, strength and that ripped look...

Be honest with yourself before you critque what others are saying...they just may be right!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear