over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is competing worth it?

Regarding negatives it is also good stand ONE time of stage regarding genetics. More competitions not neccesary but this one time is good to know how it really is. At the end you should know in practise the roots of this sport. As I don't support constant doing it for plastic trophy this one time if you call your self a bodybuilder should be done.

to each their own, I enjoy the process always have, sure it sucks and your mind plays tricks but I like challenges, I like to push my limits I get some sort of high from it, if you’re competing 15 years straight and to often you’ve got it all wrong imo, space it out pick and choose, nobody here is making big money from this so don’t wear yourself out enjoy a show here and there and bust your ass, keep your mind in check and strong, look I have a family with kids who can get loud and crazy haha but I’m aware of my condition and keep reminding myself be cool be calm and I breathe and over come frustration mentally before I even open my mouth to say a word, it’s like pouring water on a fire first. It’s all a challenge to me and one that I can handle, wife is on board and supportive which of course helps but it ultimately comes down to me and my mental strength.

I would hardly call it "fun"... i took 2019 off...the 1st year ive taken off since i started competing.....and can't seem to get my mojo back...i just keep asking myself..."what for"? LOL..... just gonna take it day by day.... see what happens...
It’s fun for me man, but to each their own of course.

The beauty of bodybuilding is that you can't justify it, it doesn't pretend to be anything useful. But most human activities fall into this category. Don't look for utilitarianism in all things, just enjoy.

Actually, I disagree.

Periods of self-imposed deprivation are spiritually and psychologically restorative. They exist in virtually every major religion, with it being a central tenet of Buddhism. And it's for good reason... our ancestors evolved in a time of scarcity and constant danger. All of this excess and security is weirdly psychologically crippling; it makes us invent adversity in very strange and novel ways because as humans, and indeed as mammals, some adversity is required for us to maintain a healthy psychological profile. Why is mental illness so prevalent in first world industrialized nations, yet seems to fall proportionately as we look toward less developed nations? This self imposed struggle of eating much less and grinding against the weights brings out something very primitive in the human animal. It's something that NEEDS to be expressed for us to function normally and for us to have meaning in our lives. These periods of deprivation and struggle help us to gain perspective and mindfulness when it's all over; the first feast after Ramadan is like the first cheat meal after the diet. Going through that can renew one's zeal and zest for life; it can make us take a step back, realize what it's like to go without, and to find pleasure in the simple and mundane things we'd grown too accustomed to and start to take for granted. And this overall makes us happier and more well adjusted people. And for that reason, yes, there is very much a utilitarian purpose.

Funnily, this increased neurosis and psychological dysfunction when too insulated from danger and too much excess of space, resources, and food manifests in animals as primitive as mice. Divorced from the primal animalistic struggle, they too fall into depression, withdrawn isolation, anhedonia, and existential meaninglessness. See the mouse utopia experiments...

That all being said, I suppose you could do all that and not step on the actual stage. But the prospect of flexing in a manthong in front of a few hundred people will most certainly help with compliance during those times when the diet feels uncomfortable; just like having your religious community collectively participate in lent/ramadan/whatever probably helps with compliance in the same way.

If you enjoy a regimental life style...
There are lots of benefits to be had- many that you can implement
in your daily life and excel at thing you want to achieve.
Discipline is the most VALUABLE quality an person can possess to achieve goals you set.
Thats a learned quality, the difference between plancigs on the amateur level is :Discipline.

IT'S JUST A HOBBY! If your hobby starts affecting your friends and family in a negative manner then pick another hobby. Simple as that!
Amen. It's my speech also

If you enjoy a regimental life style...
There are lots of benefits to be had- many that you can implement
in your daily life and excel at thing you want to achieve.
Discipline is the most VALUABLE quality an person can possess to achieve goals you set.
Thats a learned quality, the difference between plancigs on the amateur level is :Discipline.

The regiment keeps me grounded. I find that the more disciplined I am with my diet and training, the more disciplined I am with everything else. A busy, even slightly stressful daily routine is just how I function best. In fact, the hardest thing I ever have to do is just take the time to relax, sometimes.

The regiment keeps me grounded. I find that the more disciplined I am with my diet and training, the more disciplined I am with everything else. A busy, even slightly stressful daily routine is just how I function best. In fact, the hardest thing I ever have to do is just take the time to relax, sometimes.
Agreed, how we do anything, is how we do everything.

Actually, I disagree.

Periods of self-imposed deprivation are spiritually and psychologically restorative. They exist in virtually every major religion, with it being a central tenet of Buddhism. And it's for good reason... our ancestors evolved in a time of scarcity and constant danger. All of this excess and security is weirdly psychologically crippling; it makes us invent adversity in very strange and novel ways because as humans, and indeed as mammals, some adversity is required for us to maintain a healthy psychological profile. Why is mental illness so prevalent in first world industrialized nations, yet seems to fall proportionately as we look toward less developed nations? This self imposed struggle of eating much less and grinding against the weights brings out something very primitive in the human animal. It's something that NEEDS to be expressed for us to function normally and for us to have meaning in our lives. These periods of deprivation and struggle help us to gain perspective and mindfulness when it's all over; the first feast after Ramadan is like the first cheat meal after the diet. Going through that can renew one's zeal and zest for life; it can make us take a step back, realize what it's like to go without, and to find pleasure in the simple and mundane things we'd grown too accustomed to and start to take for granted. And this overall makes us happier and more well adjusted people. And for that reason, yes, there is very much a utilitarian purpose.

Funnily, this increased neurosis and psychological dysfunction when too insulated from danger and too much excess of space, resources, and food manifests in animals as primitive as mice. Divorced from the primal animalistic struggle, they too fall into depression, withdrawn isolation, anhedonia, and existential meaninglessness. See the mouse utopia experiments...

That all being said, I suppose you could do all that and not step on the actual stage. But the prospect of flexing in a manthong in front of a few hundred people will most certainly help with compliance during those times when the diet feels uncomfortable; just like having your religious community collectively participate in lent/ramadan/whatever probably helps with compliance in the same way.

Nobody gets into bodybuilding to have a "spiritual growth", it can simply be a side effect. Many competitors are simply vain.

Of course, bodybuilding (or any other similar sport or art such as ballet) brings many values such as discipline and perseverance. But you don't need to compete for it. And competing is a very high cost, so it cannot be justified from a rational point of view, athletes compete for passion.

The problems of developed nations are not due to having food or material goods, but because of a total disconnection with the natural world, extreme competitiveness, corruption, social values and problems that make life look like a slab. In poor countries they simply struggle to survive, but they do not understand or know the socio-economic paradigm in which they are immersed. That does not mean that it is better to live in Rwanda than in Japan.

if it's worth it or not is an individual thing. I'm sure will some will say no and others will love it.

The popularized practice of sport is something modern, in the past, only the upper classes could think and afford this kind of hobbies.

But as societies become more industrialized and mechanized, sick and sedentary, we see that all kinds of sports and lifestyles related to fasting or healthy eating. This seems a physical and psychological defense response to a dangerous and sickly environment, although, paradoxically, free of natural hazards.

When we say that bodybuilding is the best way of life it is because lift weights, low-intensity aerobic, eat clean, go hungry... it is related to what our body had to do during evolution. And this is always good at the psychological level.

if this is just a "hobby" then i would suggest finding a hobby that doesnt involve loading your body with unhealthy chemicals and shortening your life.
but hey thats just me.
golf is a hobby. wood work is a hobby. bodybuilding is mostly drug and image addiction most likely.....
-F2S

if this is just a "hobby" then i would suggest finding a hobby that doesnt involve loading your body with unhealthy chemicals and shortening your life.
but hey thats just me.
golf is a hobby. wood work is a hobby. bodybuilding is mostly drug and image addiction most likely.....
-F2S

I think "noodling" is a stupid hobby but I RESPECT THEIR PASSION.

Only way to actually see if the shoe fits is to try that bitch on haha. Not for everyone but I do believe some aspects of the life style can make you a better person if you approach everything methodically.

I walk the cliff like a mountain goat between bodybuilding / BJJ / being a functioning athlete. Jack of all trades, master of none. But hey, i can shoot, move and comms. lol

I think B-Boy said it best. Competing is simply a hobby. Training and eating well are great endeavors - the daily disciplines of these things can absolutely aid in other areas. That being said I am very glad I completed years ago. I did it for about 6 years and learned a ton about my body. I can say that this many years later - the wins and pictures / trophies are worth absolutely nothing to anyone but me (and maybe family I guess). I’ve said I would do again more than a few times but I just don’t want to half ass it and I refuse to make my wife and those that work for my office suffer. They all depend on me to be 100% focused and they are my motivation now.
It’s good to challenge yourself - in fact you are a failure if you do not - but your “challenges” aren’t worth shit if they infringe on others.
You’ve don’t it and you know that you can - so don’t even consider those things when you decide. Just decide if at this time in your life a BB competition is the wisest use of your time.

2 it's one of the hardest sports, it's 24/7 non stop, the discipline required for this sport is simply mind boggling, if you are able to apply this immense discipline to other aspects of your life, you can accomplish some amazing things.
You're kidding yourself if you think bodybuilding is one of the hardest sports. People competing at the high end of every single sport are pushing themselves 24/7. And if they're not, they're coasting, and they'll be replaced quickly.

I do agree with the second part of your point though. But that applies to discipline from ANY sport and is not unique to bodybuilding imo

You're kidding yourself if you think bodybuilding is one of the hardest sports. People competing at the high end of every single sport are pushing themselves 24/7. And if they're not, they're coasting, and they'll be replaced quickly.

I do agree with the second part of your point though. But that applies to discipline from ANY sport and is not unique to bodybuilding imo

I would agree BB is not the toughest sport out there but it does have the curiously bizzare model of working towards your peak event while subjecting both your body and mind to severe restrictions and deprivation.

I don't think any other sport is as fundementally backwards as competitive bodybuilding.

I personally enjoy pushing myself to see what I can achieve I don't think any other competitive sport requires one to near kill themselves to (at least appear to) be their best.

There is a reason only a select few (count them on one hand) come in completely peeled to the bone, it takes a level of suffering that only a few rare people can handle. Yes other sports training is on a level that far far far exceeds what ANY bodybuilder is even capable of or could even dream of being able to do or withstand, the hardest training bodybuilder EVER is a fucking joke compared to your AVERAGE level MMA or Olympic trainers workout.....BUT I challenge any high level athlete to get down to sub 4% body fat underwater weighing AND maintain almost all of their muscle (since everyone is on drugs) like John meadows did. Can they endure that kind of suffering and starvation? This!!!!!! Is what makes bodybuilding hard, so hard that 98% of 2020 bodybuilder's can't achieve it. This is what I mean by difficult sport and it's the ONLY thing difficult about it I will happily admit that.

If only it were to go hungry ... but with that hunger and insonmio, you still have to do cardio sessions and lift weights. And you cannot do that most human beings do to alleviate suffering in the live: junk food, alcohol or drugs.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws