over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is competing worth it?

You have to be in the right spot in your life to even think about competing and giving it your all, I took off 15 years because 1 wanted to focus on my new family (wife and two kids) 2 I wanted to focus on work, 3 just didn’t want to play the chemical game of bbing, now im older and have more time and have done well and in a spot in my life I can do more for myself, it all makes sense and I did it all the right way. You have weigh the pros and cons man, if the cons outweigh the pros it’s just not the right time to compete, doesn’t mean you’re done for good just means at this time in your life it needs to take a back seat.

may I ask your goals in bbing? You say you did 6 shows? Did you advance to national level and how did you fare, this will give me a better idea of what we’re chasing here man.

you took the words out of my mouth.. bodybuilding is a life style and is very enjoyable, defiantly a fun sport. competing on the other hand is very selfish and self absorbing. To get to that level, it has to become all about you; you have to go through hell and back to achieve that crisp conditioning and everyone suffers AND that what takes the fun out of it..
on the other hand if you’re all
In and going through no matter what then

ENOJOY THE SUCK

ENJOY THE PROCESS

in some weird way I enjoy the sacrifice and beating I’m taking from day in day out cardio and eating cod haha, for sure sucks but embrace it, it will be over before you knowniy

very good insights from everyone.
Thinking about it now with a full stomach and a clear vision..

I love bodybuilding; I love competing because I’m a competitive person and want to be the best at everything I do but is it worth the mental fuckery? can I balance life and bodybuilding together? will it consume me and become a selfish asshole?
I had to think clearly and decide it isn’t worth it. this is my life style; but I should be doing this for more than selfish reason chasing a trophy.

scrolling through IG, It’s clear what a narcissistic sport we are in. I’m guilty of this..
Nah man it’s only narcissistic if we allow it, I’m enjoying the process and although it sucks and I can get hangry I remind myself not to turn into the hulk and keep it in control, speak to yourself in your mind and over come it all man, honestly it’s min Dover matter my brother.

on the other hand if you’re all
In and going through no matter what then

ENOJOY THE SUCK

ENJOY THE PROCESS

in some weird way I enjoy the sacrifice and beating I’m taking from day in day out cardio and eating cod haha, for sure sucks but embrace it, it will be over before you knowniy

It teaches you a lot of shit in the end, no matter how you place. You can see how you really feel about it, then. If it's worth it to you. I just turned 35, I've learned that shit isn't about money anymore, it's about passion.

I have seen many friends compete, miserable, selfish, ruin relationships and happiness. My opinion is for what? A plastic trophy? Some pictures? Of course I understand it’s a hobby and if it makes you happy continue like bboy said. But everyone I have seen compete had no business trying. Most bodybuilders are weirdos lol, can’t walk by a mirror without looking at themselves or flexing there abs everywhere they go, worst than girls. I had a friend that use to Do push-ups before he had friends come visit him, getting a pump to impress your male friends? Talk about being insecure, bodybuilders are weirdos lol(most) lol

It's not worth it if you're questioning it's worth, guys who love doing it don't even ponder on this

For most guys with families, and careers, it's not worth it. Diet, get shredded; you can do that without any competition deadline. Having a piece of cake with your kid or wife in the middle of a diet when doing it casually won't be a bad thing, and will make you appreciate the important things in life.

If you want to compete because you enjoy competition, and want to see how you stack up, and/or your ability to hit it on the on the line, go for it!

I have seen many friends compete, miserable, selfish, ruin relationships and happiness. My opinion is for what? A plastic trophy? Some pictures? Of course I understand it’s a hobby and if it makes you happy continue like bboy said. But everyone I have seen compete had no business trying. Most bodybuilders are weirdos lol, can’t walk by a mirror without looking at themselves or flexing there abs everywhere they go, worst than girls. I had a friend that use to Do push-ups before he had friends come visit him, getting a pump to impress your male friends? Talk about being insecure, bodybuilders are weirdos lol(most) lol

I knew a guy who would wear a lifting belt to the movies, because he "just got done working out and didn't have time to take it off", his tight medium shirt and exaggerated walk didn't give it away to folks I suppose lol

It's not worth it if you're questioning it's worth, guys who love doing it don't even ponder on this

For most guys with families, and careers, it's not worth it. Diet, get shredded; you can do that without any competition deadline. Having a piece of cake with your kid or wife in the middle of a diet when doing it casually won't be a bad thing, and will make you appreciate the important things in life.

If you want to compete because you enjoy competition, and want to see how you stack up, and/or your ability to hit it on the on the line, go for it!
Agree if he’s already questioning it at week 6-7 then better re evaluate and come back when mind is clear

For me there Was hunger to see what show is all about. I did few shows with good results but....
1amount of money for: drugs, tan, fees, hotel, petrol, diet, etc are dumb as f...
After all only promotes earn so no wonder why they advertised it in social media making you think I need to do it.
Bodybuilding show is just another marketing product created to make you believe you need to do it in order for Them making money.
2 it makes you different and unique..... Sure..... These days most of the noobs after 1 year are convinced by their coaches that they should compete to makes coaches money for pushing drugs to people who putting board shorts thinking they are next superstars... This is how unique is this sport is these days oh yes I forgot instagram hashtags :#nextsuperstariscoming #12inchesgunsbaby
3 Relationships workplace career and sex life : tren low calories moodswing isolation mindgames... Just think about it.
4 Fairness. At least in sports like football swimming there is a way to clearly divide person or team who won and who lost and still even there there are bribes set up games. Now let's take into account that bodybuilding is just other people opinion do you look good enough. For irony a lot of these judges looks like they need to get in shape so why on earth I should take into account their opinion. Beside this whole aspect 'tell me do I look good eniygh"is having scent of insecurity that you can't ignore. Other thing is that even if you should win it does not matter at all cause the winner was known before even you were thinking about starting your prep.
5 Risk of death. List of people who died is very very long. You think that you will be OK? They tought exactly the same. At the end who is going into the show to loose....

I love the replies in this thread.
Very great points even if I disagree with it

ive been competing over ten years now. Seven competitions. peaked for one and it was canceled so eight full preps, many times losing 15-20 lbs body fat I didn't compete

I m so relieved Classic Physique came along when it did. Less anabolics, and time on.

Its important to enjoy life. This lifestyle disciplines me, helps bring self confidence out of myself. Of course this is a passion; however, I have a purpose which is to make good income from it, whether I get it or not, I can say I tried. Thats not to say ill up doses, and use gh, although I may, health comes first, blood panels come first and if I decide to stop competing thats my choice as I march to the beat of my own drum. Even if I never get where Id like to I got a lot further than I thought I would when I first started. There is always another passion to get into I can get a purpose out of.

40 years ago there wa a lot less money in many sports. People did sports for the love of their sport. There are rewards outside of cash and prizes. One big difference between other sports and Being is the much more extreme PED use. That's the crux between the risk versus reward.

One big difference between other sports and Being is the much more extreme PED use. That's the crux between the risk versus reward.

Exactly and also exactly why I think it isn't worth it if you're not making money out of it. (the risk vs reward balance is off then imo) But beastmode has a physique that he can easily cash in with if he wanted to, even without competing. I see far less pleasing physiques with thousands of followers and supplement company contracts on a daily basis.

Exactly and also exactly why I think it isn't worth it if you're not making money out of it. (the risk vs reward balance is off then imo) But beastmode has a physique that he can easily cash in with if he wanted to, even without competing. I see far less pleasing physiques with thousands of followers and supplement company contracts on a daily basis.

as far as money this is not a good sport, unless your a top guy. Obviously some guys are smart and will do better financially than others but over all not good

I think if you're making (good) money out of it then yes, it's worth it. If you're not, then no.

If that were the case, then the sport of bodybuilding would disappear. No one starts out making any money. Well, these days you can have a social media following and there are ways associated with that where money can be made but old time bodybuilding and even up to now getting into this sport was never motivated by money. If one thought that, they would quickly find out that's not how it works. You do it because you enjoy it and for the challenge.

OK here we go.

1. It's a hobby just like hunting or fishing, people I work with spend thousands upon thousands on a bass boat just to go fishing, I think it's kind of silly but it's their hobby and THEY ENJOY IT, IF YOU DON'T ENJOY IT THEN FUCKING STOP IMMEDIATELY.
2 it's one of the hardest sports, it's 24/7 non stop, the discipline required for this sport is simply mind boggling, if you are able to apply this immense discipline to other aspects of your life, you can accomplish some amazing things.
3. By default this sport and this lifestyle makes your healthier (if you don't abuse). Most normal people walking the street don't get blood work or monitor their blood pressure like my bodybuilding friends do, they don't care about nutrient dense food, and smart nutrition. This sport does not have to be detrimental to your health, it's up to YOU, and step one is being honest with yourself about your long term potential in bodybuilding, no amount of muscle you force upon your frame is going to make up for a lackluster shape and muscle insertions.
4. Last and not least being a mature adult will help you tremendously in your bodybuilding endeavors, being on low calories and lots of Cardio is no excuse for you to be an asshole to the people in your life and around you, this is called being a mature adult and taking ownership of your emotions and actions. Getting down to death camp body fat levels ultimately boils down to calories in VS calories out so you not being able to go to family functions or going out to dinner with your loved ones is just a bro bodybuilder copout. You can easily eat almost anywhere and almost 100% adhere to your calories or macros. Bodybuilders are babies and want everyone around them to think they are special little butterfly's that can't do this or can't do that. If you don't eat a meal in exactly 3 hours do you know what's going to happen? FUCKING NOTHING. Grow up and act like an adult if you want to pursue bodybuilding!

OK long rant for me, I'm usually a short and sweet type of post guy..LOL SORRY!

If that were the case, then the sport of bodybuilding would disappear. No one starts out making any money. Well, these days you can have a social media following and there are ways associated with that where money can be made but old time bodybuilding and even up to now getting into this sport was never motivated by money. If one thought that, they would quickly find out that's not how it works. You do it because you enjoy it and for the challenge.

There are 2 wrong motivations to be a competitive bodybuilder: money and women.

It is true that the industry propaganda created by Weider showed us the best athletes surrounded by luxury cars and fitness girls, but if you want to get money and girls, there are much more practical ways.

If it is adding to your life then continue. If it is taking away more then it gives then you may want to drop it. I personally never cared for a judges opinion. But they also were looking for a different physique then mine when I was competing. So maybe that is where some of that comes from. I was approached by a company a couple times about sponsor ship but didn't see it really going anywhere since I had a very good job. Then I continued on to do what I wanted spent my summers well into the single digit BF range and was happy about how I looked. You can try to take it where ever you want.

First competition was definitely worth it for the experience, the rest were never as fun. Then I started a family and could not imagine competing now with everything else I have going on.
The funniest thing I found was being made to pay to enter a show then getting a crap trophy and the promoter makes a lot of money from tickets sales exhibits and all the rest.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131