advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is competitive bodybuilding a dying sport and if so why?

A lot of young men start lifting weights to become more attractive to girls a good physique does that better than looking like a freak does.
Also after a few years a lot of people realise the pro bodybuilder look is unattainable

Gnb

My wife and I are sponsor spray tanners in the Northwest/Montana region. Most of the competitors double enter in the classic physique and bodybuilding. Rarely do we see super heavyweights or at least ones that are in shape. I still see quality competitors at the middle and light heavyweight categories but the number is way down from the past. The bulk of the men we spray are men's physique. What is surprising to me is I am really seeing a decline in master men's classes for bodybuilding......disappointing.

Every post here makes some very good and valid points and I really do think it's multi-factorial and not just one or 2 reasons. The same thing happened in powerlifting. The equipment kept getting more extreme and the judging was very loose. So many different federations and everyone was a "world champion" that it was hard to follow, watch, compete in, etc. The extreme multi-ply shirts & suits are ridiculous!! We all probably know a couple guys that were 350lb raw benchers at best who could then put on their multi-ply shirt and miraculously bench 550-600....depending on if they hit the groove just right!

The classic physique division is definitely a step on the right direction to get guys interested again and possibly even motivated to compete. It definitely gives the impression that it's a realistically achievable look for the average gym rat. It'll be interesting to see how this division evolves over time. How big & ripped will they let them start getting before they begin to penalize. You can see the evolution happening at the upper levels of men's physique already. That entire division has continued to add size & conditioning over the past 4-5 years. Buendia is basically a classic physique in board shorts. And smooth Danny Hester out just a little bit and put some board shorts on him & he's men's physique at the Olympia level.

I went down a rabbit hole there but I'll finish with this final thought: NEVER underestimate the power of poontang!!! If you're a younger, single dude who's out there chasing the ladies....statistically, you have a much greater probability of getting laid if you have a men's physique or classic physique look than if you have the open class bodybuilder look!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131