over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is diet over rated? You be the judge

So I spoke with a friend of mine last night who is good friends with a top level guy, guy will probably get his pro card within the next 2 years. anyways, this is the guys typical daily diet, no bullshit. BTW, this guy is about 240 lbs right now at 7% bodyfat. He says he'll slowly clean his diet up as the next show gets closer.

breakfast- 2 frozen blueberry waffles, protien shake

mid morning- protien shake, peanut butter, frozen pizza

afternoon- some type of meat w/ rice or oatmeal

pre training- waixy maize

post workout- waxy maize w/ glutamine and creatine, protien shake

dinner- whatever his wife cooks (often manwich or spaghetti)

before bed- protien shake

guy is fucking huge, and ripped. I know he's running GH and most likely DNP from time to time. But thats an average days diet for the dude, dead serious

So I spoke with a friend of mine last night who is good friends with a top level guy, guy will probably get his pro card within the next 2 years. anyways, this is the guys typical daily diet, no bullshit. BTW, this guy is about 240 lbs right now at 7% bodyfat. He says he'll slowly clean his diet up as the next show gets closer.

guy is fucking huge, and ripped. I know he's running GH and most likely DNP from time to time. But thats an average days diet for the dude, dead serious
I know people don't want to hear this and I don't really want another genetics war, but thats what your looking at here. But imagine how big he could be if he took his diet seriously??? reminds me of ronnie coleman pre chad nicholls and the freak post chad nicholls.

I know people don't want to hear this and I don't really want another genetics war, but thats what your looking at here. But imagine how big he could be if he took his diet seriously??? reminds me of ronnie coleman pre chad nicholls and the freak post chad nicholls.

Age is a big factor too, when eating like that. Try that at 50.;)

+1

One the flip side I know guys that are incredibly meticulous with their diets supplements meal plans nitrogen balance 24/7 eating and all that chart all that shit and training too and barely gain any muscle from year to year.

Actually thats really not that bad especially offseason, he could be getting anywhere from 400 to 500 grams of protein a day from that diet easy.

I also have to go with Brad here. This guy could be so much better if he took the time to go hardcore on nhis eating, but he obviously has the genetics to get away with this.

Diet is so important in this game. It cannot be stressed enough. If you don't believe this then go ahead and try what he is doing and train hard, see where it gets you!

I might add that I really do not see a bunch of calories in that diet either.

I also have to go with Brad here. This guy could be so much better if he took the time to go hardcore on nhis eating, but he obviously has the genetics to get away with this.

Diet is so important in this game. It cannot be stressed enough. If you don't believe this then go ahead and try what he is doing and train hard, see where it gets you!

I might add that I really do not see a bunch of calories in that diet either.

I guess it all depends on how many scoops make up the protein drink, how many ounces of meat hes eating, and how many ounces of rice or oats hes eating. Taking that into consideration it could be 2500 to 3000 or 4000 to 5000 cals. I'm just speculating!

Ronnie C has a protein drink after his workout but puts I beleive it was 6 scoops of syntha 6 in the blender! lol

Last edited:
Makes me think of when I went to see the Arnold classic back in 92' . They were asking Vince Taylor questions onstage after he won. When asked what he ate in the off-season he replied "Well.....Domino's can get a pizza to me in 30 minutes or less...Now thats a mighty fine service that I take full advantage of!" LOL :)

Makes me think of when I went to see the Arnold classic back in 92' . They were asking Vince Taylor questions onstage after he won. When asked what he ate in the off-season he replied "Well.....Domino's can get a pizza to me in 30 minutes or less...Now thats a mighty fine service that I take full advantage of!" LOL :)

I frikken' believe it too. There are so many misconceptions about eating with this sport. How many times do you hear a guy or a post talking about "Yeah, such and such pro was in the restaurant I was in, man that guy can eat!!" As for the guy I'm speaking of in my above post, he eats like that mainly because he doesn't have the money to eat better sometimes. I'm not sure exactly what else he's doing, all I know is he was a nothing until he hired a guy who competes in the 202 class at the Olympia, and then the dude started winning shit left and right.

I frikken' believe it too. There are so many misconceptions about eating with this sport. How many times do you hear a guy or a post talking about "Yeah, such and such pro was in the restaurant I was in, man that guy can eat!!" As for the guy I'm speaking of in my above post, he eats like that mainly because he doesn't have the money to eat better sometimes. I'm not sure exactly what else he's doing, all I know is he was a nothing until he hired a guy who competes in the 202 class at the Olympia, and then the dude started winning shit left and right.
who did he hire? George Farah??

Diet is a very important constituent to my body composition.
I loose muscle easy and gain fat fast, so my diet has to be clock-work.

its ALL genetics!

my brother can eat hot pockets, frozen pizza and pot pies all day and have a tiny waist...

if i eat pizza once a week i look like a drink beer everyday.. its bullshit :mad:

its like me before/after phil hernon, I can say that yes, diet is importante.

I often wonder about the huge protein drinks that some of these guys drink. (Ronnie drinks 6 scoops of protein at one time) I have seen Cutler drink like 4 scoops of Nitrotech and then eat 15 egg whites along with it for breakfast. What ever happened to the theory that your body can only process so much protein at once? I always thought that theory was perpetuated by people that wanted to keep you as small as possible.:mad:

It's my belief that the human body is designed to digest a large amount of protein in one meal due to the fact that you really are programmed to eat only when food is available. (the old hunter/gatherer theory)

is diet over rated? You be the judge

Better results would occur faster if diet was dialed in better.

Diet is so important to me. I get mediocre results with gear alone.But if my diet is dialed in WoW. The shit works like magic. Well ,what you would expect from gear.:)

Don't forget about rec drugs.

EVERY single person that I know that has good muscle size that stays lean year round despite of shit diet is on speed. Every one of them.

dieting the way most "gurus" preach is way overrated.

eating 400 grams of simple sugars, 200 grams of saturated fat, and 50 grams of protein would not result in something pretty.
a diet with 350 grams of protein, 350 grams of mixed carbs, and 100 grams of healthy + saturated fats will give you results. although there are almost the same calorie wise...

BUT

that does not mean that 20 egg whites, and 2 cups of plain slow cooked oats will give you better results than a protein shake with 70 grams of protein and some pancakes or waffles with the equivalent carbs of 2 cups of oats...

The diet ATW posted looks pretty awesome to me... it's tasty and has almost everything the dude needs... if he gets too fat, he should just decrease calories.

Really, i've learned a very valuable lesson the past 2 years... enjoy your food, you'll get better results. if it's not chicken and broccoli, it doesn't mean it's crap...

Don't forget about rec drugs.

EVERY single person that I know that has good muscle size that stays lean year round despite of shit diet is on speed. Every one of them.

I've never met any meth-head body builders. I wouldn't be able to do that shit and stay focused.. Hell, I thought that stuff kills the apetite.

Not disagreeing with you - I'm just surprised.

GJ

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly