over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil?

Stone123

Registered
I have always been taking fish oil but latest research shows it has no benefits

[ame]http://youtu.be/UNwXal7h1K4[/ame]

Any thought?

Any thought?

I'm one of those people who think that almost everything is snake oil, but my son is on isotretinoin and his triglycerides came back at 255 after 2 months of treatment. Doctor prescribed fish oil and next month it was 202. A small improvement on LDL and HDL too, but I don't remember the figures now.

Everything else was the same.

2-3g omega 3s with a good epa/dha ratio is ideal. Fish oil with low omega 3 or any kind of omega 6 is snake oil.

2-3g omega 3s with a good epa/dha ratio is ideal. Fish oil with low omega 3 or any kind of omega 6 is snake oil.

Not saying I disagree, but do you have any evidence of what you say. Recent studies have shown Omega 3 to give no benefits.

Not saying I disagree, but do you have any evidence of what you say. Recent studies have shown Omega 3 to give no benefits.

No but I've seen far more research from places I trust that says how important it is, so I will continue to take my omega 3s

Oh research shows that? Link us to some legitimate research..

Well the dr references the research in the video... And he seems to be a legitimate dr...I'm still going to take it but seeing the video raised my curiosity. I posted here because there are alot of smart guys on here that I have learned from including you knight and was curious to what they thought.

It has never improved my ldl and triglycerides! It does seem to help with arthritis. I assume helping with inflammation.

Fish oil or omega 3's can raise LDL-C levels, this has been well established.

The intended use of fish oil is for lowering triglycerides, again which has been well established. Incidentally not for you. Which may be related to genetics, diet prediabetes or NAFLD (Non alcoholic fatty liver disease).

It has never improved my ldl and triglycerides! It does seem to help with arthritis. I assume helping with inflammation.

All I know is that when I eat predominately fish diet over a red meat diet my hdl/ldl blood work is vastly different

Obviously fish diet is way better

I feel everything is about %adges and fish oil helps as long as you have other things in check

As far as taking fish oil tablets i always prefer fresh salmon over anything in a bottle.

No, it's not snake oil.
Anybody who tells you omega3 doesn't have a plethora of incredible benefits is foolish

If I could only take one supplement. It would be fish oil. The benefits it has on the entire body are to great.

I take 7 grams of fish oil concentrate a day...keeps the joints feeling great and my triglycerides and LDL are always in the 60's whenever I get my bloodwork

Probably my most important OTC supplement. If you can afford it, and you probably can, you should be taking it. At least that's my opinion. For my joints alone I can feel a difference. I like fish oil and bromelain but if I had to take one, yeah, it would be the fish oil.

It makes me realize that our ancestors ate a TON more fish than we do today.

No, it's not snake oil.
Anybody who tells you omega3 doesn't have a plethora of incredible benefits is foolish

Exactly! My dad has horrible arthritic knees and fish oil has definitely helped his mobility. It's the only supplement he takes for his knees.

Fish oil or omega 3's can raise LDL-C levels, this has been well established.

The intended use of fish oil is for lowering triglycerides, again which has been well established. Incidentally not for you. Which may be related to genetics, diet prediabetes or NAFLD (Non alcoholic fatty liver disease).

Stewie knows his sh*t, so I will agree with whatever he say's. On another note, I'm old and fish oild tends to help my joints feel better in the winter time, so I will continue to take it.:)

Fish oil is a rancid by product of..... fish. Its all treated with ammonia to kill bacteria and all the good stuff as well... i stopped taking it a while ago and easily replaced with, hemp, flax, and other seeds

Fish oil is a rancid by product of..... fish. Its all treated with ammonia to kill bacteria and all the good stuff as well... i stopped taking it a while ago and easily replaced with, hemp, flax, and other seeds

Not the same as taking marine fish oil whether fish or krill

If you eat fish at least three times a week that's not over cooked I believe you get enough oil. I do take 2000iu ED of D3 for immune purposes.

If you eat fish at least three times a week that's not over cooked I believe you get enough oil. I do take 2000iu ED of D3 for immune purposes.
So you just read that and believed it? Oh, and the kind of fish matters too...so, your statement is not specifics, very generalized, and a bit dogmatic. Most of us should be eating wild fatty fish 3x a week AND supplementing with some EPA/DHA too.

(my suggestions)
Nordic Naturals
Carlsons
Jarrow

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member