over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is food anabolic??

Lene28

Registered
I have seen this come up on a few threads that people say they use food as there anabolic; are there any studies showing that food by itself is actually anabolic? Take drugs out of the equation; can eating more food make your body increase protein synethesis?
Again; take drugs out everybody knows that taking drugs changes the equation.

Last edited:
Take that food out and see what happens...

the body can utilize a specific amount of food which probably depends on genetics, more than that will be turned to fat or poo, depending on different factors. dont buy what liar priest says, when he tells people story of him only taking 1 amp of deca a week while eating whole turkeys for breakfast.

the body can utilize a specific amount of food which probably depends on genetics, more than that will be turned to fat or poo, depending on different factors. dont buy what liar priest says, when he tells people story of him only taking 1 amp of deca a week while eating whole turkeys for breakfast.

I bevlieve, did you see how fat he was in the off-season? Looked like low doses and high food to me

If you mean pre-contest then yes, that's horse shit

yeah, i was only referring to his muscles.
i know from first hand experience how easy it is to build a belly :)

If you are comparing 1000mg of test a week with 400 grams of protein a day, nope there is no comparison not in the least......

Thats why I get a good laugh from these guys who go on drugs and gain 30 lbs and think everything else in bodybuilding is bullshit because of their newbie juice gains. Uhhh did anyone say "Drugs dont work?".....wait a couple years down the road when your juicing and every 3 pounds of new muscle mass comes hard...(your going to have to get meticulous with eating and supplementation and training to blow thru plateaus)........but back to the topic at hand.......the equation is "What do you do if you dont personally want to take THIS amount of drugs?"....so whats left in that equation so you can eke every bit of muscle mass out of lets say your limit of 500mg of testosterone vs that guy over there (who doesnt give a crap about his health) 2000mg of testosterone a week?

You have supplements like creatine, BCAA's etc
You have meticulous diet intake, higher than normal protein intake
You have heavy training.
Thats the things you have at your disposal to try to make up the loss of ground that you wont be getting because you dont want to take that high of a dosage.
And yet....you still arent going to get close equal unless you got a guy taking a bunch of drugs who eats and trains like a moron.

Now if the equation was two twins take the exact same cycle and
a) Twin 1 trains like a candyass, eats like crap and takes no supplements
b) Twin 2 trains heavy (but safe) progressively, eats to be an elite bodybuilder, and takes key supplements at key times to help the whole process along.......twin 2 is going to be a much better bber than twin 1.

Last edited:
If you are comparing 1000mg of test a week with 400 grams of protein a day, nope there is no comparison not in the least......

Thats why I get a good laugh from these guys who go on drugs and gain 30 lbs and think everything else in bodybuilding is bullshit because of their newbie juice gains. Uhhh did anyone say "Drugs dont work?".....wait a couple years down the road when your juicing and every 3 pounds of new muscle mass comes hard...(your going to have to get meticulous with eating and supplementation and training to blow thru plateaus)........but back to the topic at hand.......the equation is "What do you do if you dont personally want to take THIS amount of drugs?"....so whats left in that equation so you can eke every bit of muscle mass out of lets say your limit of 500mg of testosterone vs that guy over there (who doesnt give a crap about his health) 2000mg of testosterone a week?

You have supplements like creatine, BCAA's etc
You have meticulous diet intake, higher than normal protein intake
You have heavy training.
Thats the things you have at your disposal to try to make up the loss of ground that you wont be getting because you dont want to take that high of a dosage.
And yet....you still arent going to get close equal unless you got a guy taking a bunch of drugs who eats and trains like a moron.

Now if the equation was two twins take the exact same cycle and
a) Twin 1 trains like a candyass, eats like crap and takes no supplements
b) Twin 2 trains heavy (but safe) progressively, eats to be an elite bodybuilder, and takes key supplements at key times to help the whole process along.......twin 2 is going to be a much better bber than twin 1.

THIS^^

well considering carbohydrates spike insulin (which is an anabolic hormone), then yea food is anabolic

the more food you eat, the more anabolic you usually are considering all anabolic means is 'grow'

well considering carbohydrates spike insulin (which is an anabolic hormone), then yea food is anabolic

the more food you eat, the more anabolic you usually are considering all anabolic means is 'grow'

This is what I'm I was asking about. If you eat more food does your body release more hormones/chemicals to cause growth or does the extra food just get stored as fat or pooped out.

This is what I'm I was asking about. If you eat more food does your body release more hormones/chemicals to cause growth or does the extra food just get stored as fat or pooped out.

This is what genetics mainly determines when it comes to bodybuilding; how your body reacts to food. I beleive the main thing steroids do is improve our response to food.

Like Dante said, Virgin AAS users (let's call it first 2 years) can make great gains if they take enough juice. After a while, the juice is just a normal add-on, just part of the equation. Also, enhanced changes are not as sustainable if you don't train in a correct manner. I remember seeing a young guy who is clearly juiced doing an awful job at some lat pulldowns. I'm sure many of you can use your imagination, but he was just jerking the weight down, completely uneven. His back was actually fairly large. Guess what? I knew exactly when he stopped juicing since his back shrunk to a point where it looked like he had never trained it. Without enhancement, his back would not have grown whatsoever with that kind of training form.

You can either rely totally on juice to push you through, or you can use them as a tool. I've done both. Relying completely on juice is much more fun, but it's not sustainable.

ofcourse, if somebody is eating cake all day long or doesnt eat anything at all, adding the right food has a very anabolic effect on his body, but if somebody is a competitive natural bobybuilder, with a lot of discipline, knowledge and experience, simply eating twice the amount of foods wont give him lee priest muscle mass.

if everything else is in order, the anabolic effect of food is very limited and can only be utilized by adding drugs

yes it does release more hormones

e.g
carbohydrates cause the release of insulin, which is very anabolic, it carrys nutrients around the body, basiacly meaning the hgiher it is the higher your rate of protein synthesis is (provided youve eaten enough protein aswell)

however insulin isnt a selective hormone, and it carrys nutients to the entire body, that muscle and fat, so although itll make ur muscles grow faster, itll also get you fatter faster

protein increases nitrogen retention in blood levels, another anabolic factor

certain fats increase levels of testosterone, causing the body to be more anabolic

the body naturaly makes food anabolic through its own hormonal responses to food
, its the rate of how anabolic the body can be that is limited if your natural becoz your hormone levels are limited,
steroids just increase the rate and effeciency of how anabolic your body can make food becoz it raises thsoe hormone slevels

hope that ansers your question

although i have no idea how u would think food isnt anabolic,
how else do you think the human body woudl survive or support and build the muscle it retains naturally? it requires anabolism which it gets through food and the the hormonal responses to it

Last edited:
Not only is EVERY ANABOLIC PROCESS in the body dependent on calories, total IGF-1 levels are also directly correlated to calorie consumption. Consuming a large calorie surplus will drastically increase IGF-1 levels(and even Testosterone) in the body.

In addition to the fact that carbs and certain amino acids are insulinogenic, there is one more thing to take into consideration: in muscle, there are two competing enzymes, ampk and mtor. mtor is responsible for stimulating the anabolic process, while ampk suppresses mtor. ampk is activated when your cell is running low on nutrients. so, in order to keep ampk low and mtor high, you need to be in a surplus. It goes to reason that the bigger the surplus you're in, the more you activate mtor.

Also, certain fatty acids increase insulin sensitivity (OMEGA 3s!!).

So it goes to reason that a properly constructed bulking diet with a good training program would put some fat on you, but also a lot of muscle mass.

BTW, there have been studies which have shown that not all weight gained from overeating (and not training) is fat. A significant portion of weight gained from overeating is LBM, including muscle mass.

Not only is EVERY ANABOLIC PROCESS in the body dependent on calories, total IGF-1 levels are also directly correlated to calorie consumption. Consuming a large calorie surplus will drastically increase IGF-1 levels(and even Testosterone) in the body.

Good point... it's also worth mentioning that all of your body's important hormones are regulated by leptin, which is basically the "master" hormone. More leptin = more test, more gh, more T3/T4, less cortisol, etc. Lower leptin obviously results in the opposite. Leptin is directly tied to your caloric surplus or deficit: the more you eat, the higher your leptin levels.

Food is the most anabolic thing. Just have to know which food to eat at which time.

I have seen this come up on a few threads that people say they use food as there anabolic; are there any studies showing that food by itself is actually anabolic? Take drugs out of the equation; can eating more food make your body increase protein synethesis?
Again; take drugs out everybody knows that taking drugs changes the equation.

I have experimented with my body naturaly for almost 17 years as far as eating to facilitate muscle growth, 11 of those years I didn't even have access to any supps (protein powder,creatine,vitamins,etc...). In that time I tried all sorts of diets that were supposed to increase natural testosterone and bring the body into an anabolic state and I found that over eating and force feeding after a prolonged fast would seem to increase my natural test and I would recover quicker from work outs. Little by little though the muscle I would gain would come with alot of fat and when I would try to "cut up" I would always lose strength and muscle mass to get lean (probably in the 10% range) and the leaner I would try to get the more muscle and strength I would sacrafice.
So in my opinion I think force feeding and over-eating can bring the body into an anabolic state naturaly but atleast with me it comes at the price of getting fat.

Good caloric intake also supresses stress related hormones such as a cortisol, which are catabolic.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws