over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is food anabolic??

Yes....food is anabolic, and anti-catabolic.

I know getting your daily needs met is important. You can't say "take food away and see what happens". Just because someone isn't on drugs they still make Testosterone naturally; take your natural test, t3, gh, etc. away and see what happens lol.

I guess what I'm saying is if your 200lbs and you eat 400 grams of protein is your body forced to increase protein synthesis or does it just go to waste.

Mcdonalds is so anabolic I get arm pump bringing the burger to my mouth

food is anabolic but moreso for the fat cells than for the muscular ones. you should be careful. with food more is not better. with food you just need ENOUGH. what is enough? enough mean you eat enough calories to sustain and put on muscle and not enough to gain fat. what this number is? you should find out yourself, but it is much lower than you expect;)

food is anabolic but moreso for the fat cells than for the muscular ones. you should be careful. with food more is not better. with food you just need ENOUGH. what is enough? enough mean you eat enough calories to sustain and put on muscle and not enough to gain fat. what this number is? you should find out yourself, but it is much lower than you expect;)

Is this all part of your "weight doesnt matter just look good thesis"? See i didnt want to clutter up that other thread with our disagreeing views so Ill say it here.
I would love to see you get a 198 pound lightheavyweight come to you and tell you that the judges have told him he is too small and needs to be a heavyweight for his height.......and you go into your "bro you just need to look good, weight doesnt matter" speil. Do you think thats going to put him in the heavyweights? How are you Dancho going to get him bigger? By saying "Dont worry bro, dont eat alot of food, dont ever get on the scale, just train and look good".....thats great, he might weigh 3 pounds less than he did last time out (judges will love that with a even lower placing).
So im going to assume you have no tricks up your sleeve at all to get someone bigger except "use more drugs" because you always argue that anyone should be able to use any amounts they want to and you always argue that food and training mean virtually nothing. So I guess we can assume you dont have someones health in mind either here if thats your "fix"

Want to see how much weight matters? Virtually every single bodybuilding competitor is 35 to 45 pounds over their ripped shredded onstage weight in the offseason. Lets take someone like Kyle Witherspoon on this board....very good national competitor, places high in the lightheavies.....cannot win the class because he is told far and wide he needs to be bigger by everyone and needs to be a heavyweight. So if Kyle comes in at 195 lbs and weighs 230 in the offseason.....what does kyle have to do to become a heavyweight?

The Dancho method of "Just look good bro...youll become a heavyweight"?

That aint going to do it. So Kyle Witherspoon needs to eat his way up to 240, 245, 250 (OH NO BODYWEIGHTS.....YEP THEY MATTER!).....and if he really wants to dominate at 5'8" or 5'9" and be a pro that can make a difference, he realistically needs to be 260ish offseason so he can come down to 228 and have to lose 3 pounds of muscle to eke into the heavyweight class at 225 and win the pro card. (But i personally think he is so symmetrical that he could do it at 215 to 220)<---oh no the dreaded bodyweights again.

Do you think he turns himself into a heavyweight and gains 30 pounds onto his onstage weight without food and hitting certain bodyweights for lengths of time? No he doesnt

Or he could always try the Dancho method of "Dont worry bout it kyle, dont need to eat much, forget the scale....youll gain 15-30 pounds just from the Dancho method of "looking good"

Last edited:
Doggcrap,

I appreciate your post's. Thank you for the tremendous contribution you are to this board.

Not trying to get involved in the argument; but my original post was just to see what mechanisms the body uses with the extra macros it is given. Does it change and cause muscle growth, is it stored as fat, or simply turned to waste.
I'm not referring to bodybuilding, weight classes, or height. Just the general mechanisms of the body.

Correction

5'6"

Fat people. Ever see how much muscle mass they carry naturally? Some of them can be quite strong if and when they ever get to the gym to put their bodies to the test.

Food is definitely anabolic. I'm with Dante on this one.

BTW, if you think you "eat big," sit down with a true fat person. You will redefine your position very quickly. :eek:

-- Plump

anabolic

Def anabolic. Anytime you eat something its an anabolic effect w release of hormones from carbs etc

do we all agree on the definition of "anabolic"?

nutrients are broken down into smaller molecules, releasing energy; catabolic process

someone correct me if I'm wrong. It seems like the OP was referring more to foods relationship to signalling......maybe I am wrapped up in semantics :(

Is this all part of your "weight doesnt matter just look good thesis"? See i didnt want to clutter up that other thread with our disagreeing views so Ill say it here.
I would love to see you get a 198 pound lightheavyweight come to you and tell you that the judges have told him he is too small and needs to be a heavyweight for his height.......and you go into your "bro you just need to look good, weight doesnt matter" speil. Do you think thats going to put him in the heavyweights? How are you Dancho going to get him bigger? By saying "Dont worry bro, dont eat alot of food, dont ever get on the scale, just train and look good".....thats great, he might weigh 3 pounds less than he did last time out (judges will love that with a even lower placing).
So im going to assume you have no tricks up your sleeve at all to get someone bigger except "use more drugs" because you always argue that anyone should be able to use any amounts they want to and you always argue that food and training mean virtually nothing. So I guess we can assume you dont have someones health in mind either here if thats your "fix"

Want to see how much weight matters? Virtually every single bodybuilding competitor is 35 to 45 pounds over their ripped shredded onstage weight in the offseason. Lets take someone like Kyle Witherspoon on this board....very good national competitor, places high in the lightheavies.....cannot win the class because he is told far and wide he needs to be bigger by everyone and needs to be a heavyweight. So if Kyle comes in at 195 lbs and weighs 230 in the offseason.....what does kyle have to do to become a heavyweight?

The Dancho method of "Just look good bro...youll become a heavyweight"?

That aint going to do it. So Kyle Witherspoon needs to eat his way up to 240, 245, 250 (OH NO BODYWEIGHTS.....YEP THEY MATTER!).....and if he really wants to dominate at 5'8" or 5'9" and be a pro that can make a difference, he realistically needs to be 260ish offseason so he can come down to 228 and have to lose 3 pounds of muscle to eke into the heavyweight class at 225 and win the pro card. (But i personally think he is so symmetrical that he could do it at 215 to 220)<---oh no the dreaded bodyweights again.

Do you think he turns himself into a heavyweight and gains 30 pounds onto his onstage weight without food and hitting certain bodyweights for lengths of time? No he doesnt

Or he could always try the Dancho method of "Dont worry bout it kyle, dont need to eat much, forget the scale....youll gain 15-30 pounds just from the Dancho method of "looking good"

thats right dante, you got it right, here are the most important things to succeed in bb

1. genetics
2. drugs.
3. diet/training

in this order also. genetics you can not change, it is what it is. the single factor that will have the greatest effect on your physique is drugs. i would much rather see someone take 500-750mg and eat 2500-3000calories, than someone taking 250mg and eating 4000-5000calories. my guy would be bigger leaner and healthier btw, without digestion problems, and bp problems coming from excessive unnecessary weight. muscular size is all drug dependant, you can not fool it with more food. i have tried it, does not happen. do this, bump your hrt dose with 250-500 for a month. then with 250-500 for another month. keep the diet absolutely the same as on hrt. come to me after 2 months and tell me you are not bigger and leaner. then i will shut up. but it wont happen cause this is the truth in real life. i wish it wasnt so and i could eat and grow, but not the case. it is all about effiency in absorbing the nutrients. on 250mg you can absorb say (dont catch on numbers as usual this is just example)100grams of protein a day. if you eat 500, 400grams go to poop. then you bump the dose to 500mg. now you can absorb 150grams. the dose changes the efficiancy, not the amount of food. you can eat 250 grams of protein in the example and 500grams and the lbm will be the same. of course you need to cover you basis with some other calories for energy from carbs and fats. this was all for lean size. do you disagree? try what i wrote before,eat the same and change the dose and you will see how you grow. you will say to yourself but how come, i eat the same food yet i am growing? then come back to the thread and read what i wrote above about the efficiency. but for overall size you are right, yes, eat big.

Not trying to get involved in the argument; but my original post was just to see what mechanisms the body uses with the extra macros it is given. Does it change and cause muscle growth, is it stored as fat, or simply turned to waste.
I'm not referring to bodybuilding, weight classes, or height. Just the general mechanisms of the body.

there is specific amount of food which will support muscle building, all additinal food goes to fat and poop. eat a bit over what you need to support your muscle building, in this way you will not put on fat or very little fat and mainly muscle. how do you do this? eat when hungry a good 400-500cal meal with good macro ratios. eat dependant on the hunger, be it 4-5-6-7-8 meals does not matter. if you are really hungry eat. when the body needs nutrients it will tell you, force feeding will only make you fat.

my 2cents in regards to my experiences with myself and training others, as well as my training partners and good friends

food is anabolic in the sense that if there is hormones which can utilize the food you are eating, you're golden

i feel taht a large misconception among the years is that food can be your primary anabolic. while i feel this is true to some degree, it doesn't hold when your body's hormonal environment is not in place. no amount of food can replace 2g of steroids. it just doesnt work that way. I also believe that no amount of food nor its fruit of god quality can produce the anabolic AND fat burning effects of tren

if you eat a lot of cals, clean cals, 5-6k calories, 500g protein, healthy fats, low GI carbs...you can still end up fat if your body does not produce the hormones which can utilize the food. you need the proper hormonal environment, whether your body is able to produce it naturally (doubt it at that caloric intake) or through exogenous sources (steroids). For this reason I believe that no natural should ever be eating an excess of 3-4k calories to gain muscle unless they are extremely tall and/or their activity level is through the roof (marathon runners, olympic swimmers, boot camp trainees, REAL athletes, not bbers lol). i have also found that that when naturals boast about the amount of food they eat as an excuse for their size because they are accused of juicing, a majority of the time they are flat out liars who actually juice and use the massive food intake as a scapegoat to the unwise. when people actually try it they give up and can't do it, and think to themselves, "ah, no wonder...this guy eats big...no wonder he has a conditioned 19" arms at 5'7". When you enter the geared universe you realize how foolish claims like these actually are, and you kind of laugh at yourself for once believing such a claim.

you are only as big as your dose, but that's not to say you can't be big. For some people i have seen that they can stay on HRT 250mg e/w and 5iu GH year round and they can hold 250lbs at 6'1" at around 13-16% BF. I suppose that for some people 250mg would still send their test levels to approx 1000 which is still considered supra physiological, but they feel healthy and good on it, so thats their own problem i suppose. To the general public you would still be considered large, but much of the largeness illusion is dictated by height as well. i personally believe that 250mg sends most people into the >1100 range of test...for some 250mg is needed to even send their levels to 700, which i would say is a healthy range...but i am going on tangent here

i do feel that large protein intake is important, but i am starting to see that protein is less and less important if carbs are kept high if you are carb tolerant. I told my uncle, who peaked in the late 80's as a bodybuilder, how much protein i was eating(back then around 2-2.5 gr per lb) and he looked at me like i was a dumbass. i mean, this guy was impressive; around 240 at 6'1" with chinese ethnicity, 21" conditioned arms and a sucked in waist, guy is a square/straightedge so i doubt he ever touched slin/gh (and besides i think that stuff was a real underground BB secret back then or just coming into fruition) and he is still athletic/with children/healthy to this day. he told me that i should take it easy on the protein for future kidney health, and that i only need about 1gram per lb of bodyweight, and go higher on the carbs. then again, we're of chinese heritage and we are generally more aesthetic in terms of shape, larger arms, and a much higher carb tolerancy.

doggcrapp is probably going to flame the living shit out of this post...but idk... I have found that real life experience trumps any cookie cutter training routine and a predetermined amount of macros, but i also know that dc, being the quality trainer that he is, gives his athletes that he trains a customized training routine and diet which constantly is in flux. but at the same time, dante has a respectable track record of producing very very large bodybuilders, so if that's your goal in life, then his advice should be your bible. personally, my goal was never to be 240lbs at 5'6"...imagine the ridicule i'd get in real life...rather than the admiration...

Last edited:
thats right dante, you got it right, here are the most important things to succeed in bb

1. genetics
2. drugs.
3. diet/training

in this order also. genetics you can not change, it is what it is. the single factor that will have the greatest effect on your physique is drugs. i would much rather see someone take 500-750mg and eat 2500-3000calories, than someone taking 250mg and eating 4000-5000calories. my guy would be bigger leaner and healthier btw, without digestion problems, and bp problems coming from excessive unnecessary weight. muscular size is all drug dependant, you can not fool it with more food. 1)i have tried it, does not happen. do this, 2)bump your hrt dose with 250-500 for a month. then with 250-500 for another month. keep the diet absolutely the same as on hrt. come to me after 2 months and tell me you are not bigger and leaner. then i will shut up. but it wont happen cause this is the truth in real life. i wish it wasnt so and i could eat and grow, but not the case. it is all about effiency in absorbing the nutrients. on 250mg you can absorb say (dont catch on numbers as usual this is just example)100grams of protein a day. if you eat 500, 400grams go to poop. then you bump the dose to 500mg. now you can absorb 150grams. the dose changes the efficiancy, not the amount of food. you can eat 250 grams of protein in the example and 500grams and the lbm will be the same. of course you need to cover you basis with some other calories for energy from carbs and fats. this was all for lean size. do you disagree? try what i wrote before,eat the same and change the dose and you will see how you grow. you will say to yourself but how come, i eat the same food yet i am growing? then come back to the thread and read what i wrote above about the efficiency. but for overall size you are right, yes, eat big.

1) Great you have tried it and it didnt happen for you. I have built too many heavy and superheavyweights to count....I am pretty sure I know how I did it.
2) I dont want to. I am in my 40's, the last thing i want to do is use 500 to 1000mg of testosterone a week. Your solution as I said is more drugs....thats not how I try to approach the situation.
3) So again your telling me your approach for a lightheavy to become a heavyweight is simply "use more drugs".....you got your methods I have mine. The trick is how to get big on the least amount of drugs so you dont have to use a truckload just to maintain....and when or if you ever get near to a pro card level you have something left in the tank that you can use without dropping dead.

in bold below

my 2cents in regards to my experiences with myself and training others, as well as my training partners and good friends

food is anabolic in the sense that if there is hormones which can utilize the food you are eating, you're golden

agree

i feel taht a large misconception among the years is that food can be your primary anabolic. while i feel this is true to some degree, it doesn't hold when your body's hormonal environment is not in place. no amount of food can replace 2g of steroids.

agree

it just doesnt work that way. I also believe that no amount of food nor its fruit of god quality can produce the anabolic AND fat burning effects of tren

agree but I wonder who ever said it did?

if you eat a lot of cals, clean cals, 5-6k calories, 500g protein, healthy fats, low GI carbs...you can still end up fat if your body does not produce the hormones which can utilize the food. you need the proper hormonal environment, whether your body is able to produce it naturally (doubt it at that caloric intake) or through exogenous sources (steroids). For this reason I believe that no natural should ever be eating an excess of 3-4k calories to gain muscle unless they are extremely tall and/or their activity level is through the roof (marathon runners, olympic swimmers, boot camp trainees, REAL athletes, not bbers lol). i have also found that that when naturals boast about the amount of food they eat as an excuse for their size because they are accused of juicing, a majority of the time they are flat out liars who actually juice and use the massive food intake as a scapegoat to the unwise. when people actually try it they give up and can't do it, and think to themselves, "ah, no wonder...this guy eats big...no wonder he has a conditioned 19" arms at 5'7". When you enter the geared universe you realize how foolish claims like these actually are, and you kind of laugh at yourself for once believing such a claim.

Again im wondering who told you drugs didnt work? And where you got this all or nothing thing of either "you use drugs" or "you use food"

you are only as big as your dose, but that's not to say you can't be big. For some people i have seen that they can stay on HRT 250mg e/w and 5iu GH year round and they can hold 250lbs at 6'1" at around 13-16% BF. I suppose that for some people 250mg would still send their test levels to approx 1000 which is still considered supra physiological, but they feel healthy and good on it, so thats their own problem i suppose. To the general public you would still be considered large, but much of the largeness illusion is dictated by height as well. i personally believe that 250mg sends most people into the >1100 range of test...for some 250mg is needed to even send their levels to 700, which i would say is a healthy range...but i am going on tangent here

again agree

i do feel that large protein intake is important, but i am starting to see that protein is less and less important if carbs are kept high if you are carb tolerant.

agree

I told my uncle, who peaked in the late 80's as a bodybuilder, how much protein i was eating(back then around 2-2.5 gr per lb) and he looked at me like i was a dumbass. i mean, this guy was impressive; around 240 at 6'1" with chinese ethnicity, 21" conditioned arms and a sucked in waist, guy is a square/straightedge so i doubt he ever touched slin/gh (and besides i think that stuff was a real underground BB secret back then or just coming into fruition) and he is still athletic/with children/healthy to this day. he told me that i should take it easy on the protein for future kidney health, and that i only need about 1gram per lb of bodyweight, and go higher on the carbs. then again, we're of chinese heritage and we are generally more aesthetic in terms of shape, larger arms, and a much higher carb tolerancy.

doggcrapp is probably going to flame the living shit out of this post

why? I agree

...but idk... I have found that real life experience trumps any cookie cutter training routine and a predetermined amount of macros, but i also know that dc, being the quality trainer that he is, gives his athletes that he trains a customized training routine and diet which constantly is in flux. but at the same time, dante has a respectable track record of producing very very large bodybuilders, so if that's your goal in life, then his advice should be your bible. personally, my goal was never to be 240lbs at 5'6"...imagine the ridicule i'd get in real life...rather than the admiration...

This is the only thing i dont get and it doesnt pertain to you neccesarily.
I dont get all or nothing mentalities where people think its either all food and supplements or its drugs. I see all these newbie steroid guys with these posts going "Yea!!! I believed in food and supplements too and then I saw it was all bullshit when i used tren!".....LOL....Everyone and I mean everyone makes 15-20 pound jumps in muscle mass when they first cycle...and then 8-15lbs their next, a little bit less their next and a little bit less and a little bit less and soon your fighting tooth and nail for 10 pounds a year like all other advanced bodybuilders (well unless you get off and lose 20 lbs and then get back on and gain it back and think you are actually gaining)......What works the best for putting on muscle mass? Steroids + GH + food + supplements

Last edited:
1) Great you have tried it and it didnt happen for you. I have built too many heavy and superheavyweights to count....I am pretty sure I know how I did it.
2) I dont want to. I am in my 40's, the last thing i want to do is use 500 to 1000mg of testosterone a week. Your solution as I said is more drugs....thats not how I try to approach the situation.
3) So again your telling me your approach for a lightheavy to become a heavyweight is simply "use more drugs".....you got your methods I have mine. The trick is how to get big on the least amount of drugs so you dont have to use a truckload just to maintain....and when or if you ever get near to a pro card level you have something left in the tank that you can use without dropping dead.

lol, i agree with most of these

1. true but your guys used more gear when they were supers than when they were heavies, so along with the food their dose is also higher, so this proves nothing. and despite your best efforts and intentions, these guys may lie to you about their doses, they know what you want to hear, they want you to sponsor them, they would lie believe me

2. i respect your decision. you are a father and a husband, thats what you should do! family and health first priority, bbing comes after these.

3. i agree with this totally. the difference is that you believe you could gain substantial amount of muscle(7-10 pounds stage weight) on someone by using the same dose and more food, in my experience and opinion this wont happen, you would need higher dose.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear